Found a bug?

Hello,

It probably isnt a bug but some of the weapons are not able to be manually fired properly, for instance in v51_1 mission “everlasting remodler” 8/15 chiclen invasion i got the neutron gun and im pressing the space bar rapidly, but it isnt responding, only 1 in 3 presses actually fires - its also the same for a couple of the other weapons. [I thought I’d done “another” keyboard so i checked this one out, and it would appear fine in editpad], so, has there been a change in how the weapons react? I don’t remember it happening in 50_1. So…

Best Regards,
Louis

edit:typo’s

This is the overdrive, a new shooting feature that replaced Manual firing

1 Like

Plaese move it to #early-access.

Eh, there’s no need to, since this isn’t a bug

1 Like

There’s a mechanic that can help you, actually. Instructions: Spam click until the weapon has Overdrive, then immediately hold the fire button, you’ll need a good heatsink though.

You don’t need to sign posts.

He can do it as he likes, there isn’t any rule saying ‘no signatures’. Besides, it looks pretty snazzy. : )

Incorrect, the ToS even says that…
https://forum.chickeninvaders.com/faq#keep-tidy

Don’t sign your posts — every post has your profile information attached to it.

3 Likes

It seems like a pretty useless rule to me, I mean it’s not like it ruins anything.

That’s for multi-line signatures that are visual spam and are automatically appended to all your posts. Signing with your name is fine. There’s no need to micro-manage everything.

6 Likes

Well, how about editing the FAQ with that? So people don’t get confused.

I’ve changed the wording. Again, no need to micro-manage :roll_eyes:

@louhaven : This is a new change to the “overdrive” mechanic in v.51: Single click-and-hold will fire normally, double click-and-hold will engage overdrive (i.e. fire faster) at the cost of more heat, but only on certain weapons. You can no longer speed up the firing rate by individual manual clicks.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.