Epic and interesting waves

Bored did it with Vulcan, I wasn’t going to be this cruel. You’re the one claiming it to be doable.
Oh wait.

So you are okay with getting violated by RNG. Well, I guess that settles it, then.

If you want to, I’d love to see that lol.

6 Likes

Oof . that was really bulling , i sucided accidentaley after taking the screenshot

5 Likes

The worst thing is you’re fighting with Yolk Star in an electric planet!

1 Like

yeah , you will sucide on purpose after i took it in a electric planet

Really, the real thing that’s making you blame the game is frustration. You literally get more than enough keys to float you back if you do lose lives. Also, people are seriously over-dependant on lives and perishables and don’t perfect their skill meaning that they are bound to die more. Oh, and these words are coming from a casual player who doesn’t focus on the competitive side.

That is quite good

Said the person that dies? Ok.

I think the problem is that players don’t agree on what high difficulty like SSH should be.
There’s people like galbatorix and I who think that a good enough player should be able to play the game on high difficulty without dying or using consumables. And then there are people like He-Who-ſhall-Not-Be-Named who think that SSH should be borderline impossible.

6 Likes

Meaning that I don’t really care about losing a couple lives if I can get them back.

To be fair, almost everyone here just wants the game to be to their liking people either want the game too easy while others want the game too hard leading to a lot of updates (Ex: 10.1) that were total mayhem. What people don’t think about is making the game appealing to the casual audience, not just a full blown competitive ground for like less than a hundredth of the actual game audience.

10.1 wasn’t a result of players wanting harder bosses. It was a result of a bug.

Yeah, and that’s why even on highest difficulty it should be possible to win the wave without losing lives or using consumables (of course not by noob players but experienced ones)

We can leave competitive stuff to challenges since they are supposed to pick the best players.

6 Likes

Oops, my bad! Sorry 'bout that.

1 Like

The point is that I haven’t seen any evidence that would point to balancing the game for ‘competitive’ being harmful to the casual playerbase. Obviously we can’t neglect the casual players, but if we can make the experience better for both groups, then we should be doing that.

3 Likes

One thing is challenges allowing players to choose whatever they want, meaning that some people will have a higher ground. A remedy that has been discussed a lot before would be having a fixed setup for the challenges which has been turned down a lot due to people thinking of extremely weak combos. Even if that does happen, the chances of that happening is really low. I vote for the randomizer part being added.

@GgWw1175 @SpryterTerraxian, please use DM’s to settle this debate, okay?

1 Like

Uh, this isn’t a drama you know. But eh, I’ll stop.

1 Like

It’s not like they’ll forget the purpose of this topic.

Eh, after dozens of attempts… It’s kinda impossible to use a BX-9 with JUST laser cannon and not any satellites. I think you just completed a low difficulty comet chase…

4 Likes

Don’t worry, we’re all humans, giving up is an essential part of video gaming

4 Likes

Getting Over It With Bennett Foddy would like to speak with you.
Also, giving up shouldn’t be essential part of video game. You’re supposed to overcome the challenge.

4 Likes

Instead of just sitting over there eating popcorn, why don’t you try this once? It’s not like someone’s obliged to do it.

So, point me where I forced someone to do it. I never said that someone needs to do it. I only replied to Francis that giving up is not essential part of video games.

1 Like