Early Access version 98.3

Hmm, I’m seeing people getting disconnected by the same message more recently now
Since v 98.

Yes, that’s the end result. But there are two colors overlaid on top of each other: corona (top gradient) & core (bottom gradient).

On the top gradient there appears to be a greenish area between yellow and desaturated cyan, which I can’t really explain.

Doubtful, because it’s complex to re-render (and I’ve changed the camera perspective in CIU, so I can’t reuse CI4)

The collision are used for lightning is different than your spacecraft, so it’s possible. Plus, things are in constant motion, so missing a collision on one frame doesn’t guarantee that you’ll also miss it on the next frame.

I can’t say. I haven’t been able to replicate the problem.

That is a difficult and extensive change.

Making the game disappear would look strange (especially for people who were participating and got disconnected). But I’m on the fence about this.

5 Likes

Fixed in v.99 :medal_sports: Bug

I’ve changed the color to white for now… until I can think of a better solution

Hmm… I’ll check if there’s enough space

This will be fixed.

Changed in v.99

This is expected around midnight GMT. If it wasn’t around that period, then you should treat it as a normal “connection timeout” message (I’ve split the message into two cases, but the server is not necessarily to blame)

This is an “invalid loadout” kick, possibly caused by the way Mass Condenser are handled. Do you have any Mass Condensers mounted? Send me a screenshot of your mission config screen.
@hieudang what is your in-game callsign? I’ll check your account.

3 Likes

I haven’t got that error. Plus, I haven’t bought any mass condenser since the next version after multiplayer.

I was playing CIU 5 hours after midnight GMT

Maybe make this an adjustable option in Color Themes, red can stay as the default color since it is the most eye catching color.

Is this gradient fixed like this, hence why white stars are a weird light aqua color? Also, if you can, please do make the periwinkle part on the bottom gradiant a little darker.

:warning: If you can’t start a mission because you get the “Other side closed connection” message, it’s because you have mounted more Mass Condensers than you own (update: it’s broader than Mass Condensers – all equipment is affected) . I’m not sure how this can happen, but as a workaround in the meantime, unmount everything from the Mission Config screen and try again.

:warning: Also, it’s very important you report any “looped sounds carry on playing” that happen to you with this version.

8 Likes

I think there should be a spaceship counter at the Christmas Space Burger to keep track of how many people are participating

2 Likes

@InterAction_studios here my callsign

to help those who have difficulty distinguishing colors, why don’t we let the beep near the overheat beep continuously for about 1.25s each time. :slight_smile:

Boyfriend *beep sound :slight_smile:

sorry really i don’t know what that sound is called :slight_smile:

the overheat idea was literally made for people who werent listening to in-game music to hear overheating signs

Well,chirstmas content
Is better than last year

colorful space burger and a good music : )

We have the Xmas
space crab
mother hen ship
henterpise
Iron chef
(these are what i encountered so far)

Alright and continue waiting new boss

So high

Look at the CIU.dat.hq2x and the backup one

1 Like

I like the green stars too, but I think it could be a separate class if it replaces actual blue stars

I’m using it but I feel too lag in it(my game crashed 1 time too)
even when my ram has more than 1 GB free

1 Like