Early Access version 96

A special weapon is an item to defeat chickens easier or faster, makes saving the world easier.
The medal is for challenging.
For example, the more gifts and powerups you get, it will be higher in stats, but you donā€™t get the lorem impsum medal.
In your first mission it asks you to use special weapons, it also gives you them for free.
Moron gun isnā€™t recommended to be used, but it gives more score if you used it.
So in my opinion, itā€™s better to use special weapons, even if it prevents you from getting more score.

1 Like

The ā€œCupā€ letter has something wrong

Go and get a closer view to see it different from other letter placement.

@InterAction_studios
Can you turn up more volume to hear Positron Streamā€™s sound, please ? This is a bug about Positron Streamā€™s sound when i pause game like this:

I donā€™t know why this is happening?

Atari sound effect moment

• :gear: Ported game to macOS (OpenGL 1.1)

I would honestly be surprised if itā€™s possible to launch CIU on HTC Hero due to this, because afair episodes glitched out and died. By the way, what is the current plan of actions with google play store? And what was the reason behind the rejected appeal?

3 Likes

What are these accually mean and how will they work?

Now that Asteroids and Treasure Shower are no longer cheesable, can we remove cleen sweep from these waves? Itā€™s very impractical to try to get every single asteroid since they can now come from the very corners of the screen.

2 Likes

you can play game on macOS

Unless if the asteroid were fall from Up. Not left or right.

if itā€™s impractical then why remove it

not like youā€™ll get it anyway

but if you manage to clean sweep, then good for you. just take the extra points that probably wonā€™t do much

special weapons disable clean sweep too iirc

1 Like

@Recruit_75 Will it take you long to type there?

Because the stakes are too high for a relatively insignificant wave.
The challenge aspect of top down shooters should come from dodging projectiles and lasers, not calculating risk and reward.

Of course perishables and other items being predetermined is a higher priority. Everyone should start with the same number of lives, they should have a random number of special weapons and other perishables to help them out, some perishables will have to be outright banned from comp missions, they should have the same HUDā€™s, etc.
An even playing field where skill, improvisation and good judgement is required instead of shelling out keys for in-game advantages.

Maybe if this were implemented, I would see the appeal of making quick decisions mid-mission to get extra points, but right now, it feels like I have to do extra work to catch up to someone who uses appetite attractors.

I still think the no-death medal for the entire mission and Unprepared medals should be from daily challenges and weekly challenges cause they make the difference between losing and winning too extreme. You could keep them in ironman, if you really want to keep it extra competitive.

Alternatively, we could remove max power bonus from comp missions, as it can be impossible to predict the order of gift boxes in missions where only 1 attempt is allowed, leading to someone getting max fp and someone not getting it. Itā€™s a niche case, but one with significant consequences.

We also have the Marksmanship medal. In its current state, it promotes the usage of single-beam weapons like Plasma and Positron while demoting spread weapons like Ion and Utensil.

Weapon accuracy should be calculated by how many projectiles in a volley hit a target, if itā€™s equal or greater than 50% the medal should be awarded, therefore making other weapons more viable. As for chaining weapons, only the main beams missing the targets should count against accuracy as itā€™s very hard to control how the chaining works.

Oh and finally, can the falling pattern of food be pre-determined in competitive missions. Losing a Super-Size-Me to a cluster of invincible barriers is no fun, especially when knowing someone else couldā€™ve gotten lucky and got the burger and thus award them over 30k points.

Iā€™m kinda in a bad mood ngl, I needed to vent out my frustrations on how competitive missions work.

As always, may the forks be with you all!

1 Like

okay and what does 90% of this even have to do with clean sweeping an insignificant wave

also

the dodging part is true

but the risk and reward part youā€™re saying here just makes no sense

1 Like

It definitely went off topic, Iā€™ll admit but I need to say my thoughts on the other parts of competitive missions that I find frustrating, so that hopefully iA might try to find some sort of workaround

As for the risk and reward part, thereā€™s the risk of dying and loosing the no-death medal, along with other nerfs of dying, and the reward being getting the clean sweep medal along with potentially getting all of the gift boxes, powerups and coins.

so donā€™t die

1 Like

If a 2D shooter isnā€™t about risk and reward, you might as well disable overheat since thatā€™s too much thinking that distracts you from dodging enemies and projectiles. Oh wait, then thereā€™d be no point to the weapon at all since youā€™re firing it as fast as you can anyway. Might as well disable the weapon and just make you dodge some stuff for a predetermined amount of time, now thereā€™s a real challenge.

2 Likes

Lemme state that Iā€™m fine with risk and reward, Iā€™m not however a fan of extreme risk and reward, especially in a rather insignificant wave in the form of asteroids. Players should be capable of catching up to their earlier mistakes instead of being condemned to a low spot.
The current penalty for death is too harsh for such a risk and reward system to work without souring the experience of someoneā€™s first attempt at competitive missions.

well what do you expect

itā€™s the first attempt, you wonā€™t know whatā€™s coming unless someone explicitly tells you whatā€™s coming

and usually if you die, thatā€™s your fault. death also has an emphasis on skill, unless the wave is absolutely impossible

if you think the penalty of death is too harsh

then get good enough at not dying on waves so you donā€™t lose out on those points

then hereā€™s a question

are you doing something wrong

7 Likes

ā€˜Usuallyā€™ being the key word here. Players can die by hvaing their mouse malfunction, a disproportionately hard to avoid ram attack by bosses and certain waves for their difficulty level, just trying to see how far they can push their limits, a mouse that couldnā€™t stop on a dime, using bombers on a wave that isnā€™t bomber friendly, massive poop walls from cowards and slobs, etc.

Even if it were possible to attain enough skill and patience to not die frequently enough, do you think the current rewards are worth such a potentially time-consuming investment?

There are many comp missions that are otherwise easy if not for a cheap ram or an epic wave. Learning how not to die on them is supposed to be reserved for a higher difficulty level. This could be fine for ironman missions but not for something as benign as daily mission easy.

get a better gaming chair

Seriously though, mouse malfunctions arenā€™t that common. Poop walls from cowards can be avoided if you donā€™t shoot like all hell, even with Ion Blaster. If youā€™re having trouble not dying on Daily Easy, you just have to improve your skill. Now you would have had a point if you were talking about Daily Intermediate or Hard, but if youā€™re dying on Daily Easy you really have to get good

4 Likes