Early Access version 82.2

so i only find 2 wormholes but after knowing this fun trick

6 Likes

Wait if Fractorial thought of elevator wave, why Francis gets credit:

2 Likes

@InterAction_studios
Please pardon the video thumbnail. It’s just the culmination of how we felt in discord after we discovered this rather broken keyboard wormhole search trick.

14 Likes

Awesome age restricted

1 Like

@InterAction_studios Can you mention in-game that pressing l-shift slows down your movement

Thank you so much for the trick.

I’ve reduced the columns from 6 to 5 to give more space for maneuvering. The low number of chickens is intended, because this wave is more about proper positioning and less than mindlessly holding the fire button down.

I can make this into a separate wave.

In your design, are elevators continuously going in one direction (with wrap-around)? Or do they stop and reverse direction (like the current “Elevator Action”)? If they reverse direction, then there are moments where some chickens are off-screen, correct?

Incidentally, your medal was incorrectly awarded for this wave – you’ll receive it in v.83

I was aware of this when I first implemented the keyboard controls, but I left it in because keyboard navigation is already painful enough as it is. But I’ll look into making them unselectable beyond a certain zoom level – that might work.

Keyboard navigation is a much more recent thing – v.64 in the beginning of this year.

Autocomplete failure, will correct in v.83.

5 Likes

Wow, lol

1 Like

Yeah those elevators continuously go in one direction (like the one on castle levels in Super Mario Bros.) Both chickens and barriers warp on the opposite side.

One more thing, the design of the level pretty much requires the player to constantly move around between the barriers and soon switch columns (like on The Radar). This is quite different on Elevator Action where the player can just go up and down in one column. I got the inspiration of this wave on some shoot em up games.

Summary

Thanks goldenboss

2 Likes

I can’t fix that. The animation is just as jittery as any other retro movement, however it’s very fast so the quantization isn’t really visible. And I can’t slow it down (wrap-around will not work correctly if it happens while enemy hasn’t settled down in its final position yet)

Ok, I’ve added this as a separate wave. Added to v.83 :medal_sports: Idea.

4 Likes

Fixed in v.85 :medal_sports: Bug

5 Likes