“Early Bird” bonus is not working in v82.1. Use v.82.2 instead.
There are two parts to this update. Firstly, a lot of ground work has been performed to support the eventual Mac and smartphone versions (none of these changes affect the Windows game, so don’t expect to see anything different).
Secondly, new content has been added in the form of new waves, most of which are based on your own suggestions. Due to the addition of new waves in the randomization pool, virtually all Invasion, Droid, and Retro missions have changed. Consequently, all ongoing League Dares have also been deleted. Mission leaderboards have been preserved for now (only Retro has been reset), but high scores obtained using the “old” waves will be eventually deleted.
Bug/Idea medals will be awarded later in the day. Your medal cannot be awarded if your in-game callsign doesn’t match your forum name (send it to me in a private message).
You will lose:
- any in-mission progress
- all graphics options, which includes your window/borderless/fullscreen setting.
- if any options have been removed or added to a new version, then all menu options (not just graphics) will be lost.
New features – Tweaks – Bug fixes – Internal changes
- Deleted users who haven’t logged in during the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime, and also users who haven’t logged in during the past week and have less than 10 minutes of playtime, and also users who haven’t logged in during the 12 months and haven’t set an e-mail.
- Pro-gamer mode + Iron chef: Spread attack projectiles are no longer raised (@OneWingLunarian Idea)
- Per-mission top-10 lists: Fixed incorrectly-squeezed black text outline (@Francis Bug)
- Fixed Balancer kicking out old versions without giving the correct reason.
- Bullet Spray wave: Fixed wrong hero quip (@ThisIsChristianF Bug)
- Henperor: Hero quip probability is now 25% (was 100%) (@CattyCheese Idea)
- Pro-gamer mode + All Crabs: Lowered launched projectiles (@CattyCheese Idea)
- Fixed multi-kill straddling across wave boundaries (@MNaeemi777 Bug)
- Fixed multi-kill not being inhibited by special weapons (@GTTOP Bug)
- Anniversary screen: Time is now shown with milliseconds.
- Pro-gamer mode + Mission outcome screen: Time is now shown with milliseconds.
- Pro-gamer mode: Increased inter-wave delay by 1s to allow victory music to complete (@MoonKnight @Simarino Idea)
- Translations: “Dare expired” message on defender’s side is now fully localized based on defender’s language (and not partially on attacker’s).
- Translations: Custom numeric digits are now correctly applied to mission length (stages x waves).
- “Twice Infinity” boss: Continuous 360o attack when enraged now only occurs on 100% or above difficulty (@Nolinho Idea)
- Lasergun: Fixed aiming misalignment under low FPS (@SonicCrazyExe @Pidgey Bug)
- Translations: Fixed ‘–EMPTY–’ appearing in certain cases.
- Ported UVE++11.DX11_1 to OpenGL 1.1
- Ported UVE++11.DX11_1 to OpenGL ES 2.0
- Translations: Rephrased “licensed” equipment balloon tip.
- Translations: Fixed “This mission has been already flown” appearing untranslated.
- Added “Yin and Yang”/“Yang and Yin” waves (@ScarletCuboids Idea)
- Added “Gladiator” wave (@Star_Light Idea)
- Added “Among Us” wave (@xXmlgDiegoXx Idea)
- Added “Intergalactic Delivery”/“Intergalactic Guaranteed Delivery” waves (@xXmlgDiegoXx Idea)
- Added “Tribute” wave from CI5.
- Added alien saucer enemy variation (props to whoever discovers the reference).
- Added “Saucer Attack”/“Mars Attacks!” wave (based on “Close Encounters” of CI3) (@Akemisora Idea)
- Added “Elevator Action” wave (@Francis Idea)
- Added “Ribbit!” wave.
- Removed “Clean sweep” from “Retro Invaders” wave. (@Daxxxis Bug)
- Added “Retro Highway” wave (beginner/intermediate/advanced loops) (@darkchan Idea)
- Added “I’ll be back” boss (@xXmlgDiegoXx Idea)
- Length (in waves) of all Retro missions has been re-generated based on a 4-wave cycle (was 3-wave).
- Top-left HUD now fades out as spacecraft approaches (@KnockoffFeline @ScarletCuboids Idea)
- Lissajous curves now use sines instead of cosines (also, fixed parameter misnaming).
- Added “Bullet Rain” wave (@OneWingLunarian Idea)
- Added “Tag, you’re it!” wave (@Fractorial Idea)
- Added “The Honeycomb Conjecture” wave (@Fractorial Idea)
- Added “Cherry Bomb” wave (@Fractorial Idea)
- Added “The Lathe” wave (@Fractorial Idea)
v.82.2 EMERGENCY PATCH
- “Early Bird” bonus is now working correctly (@Bigmos49216 Bug)
You are reminded that during Early Access you are responsible for backing up your own progress. Make a copy of everything under
C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU (including all sub-folders). Never rename files or move them from one version folder to another. Simply make a copy and then later put it back exactly where you found it.