This is a fundamentally technical update, but it also has a lot of bug fixes and quality-of-life improvements. Oh, and a new wave(!)
This is the first in a series of updates that restructure the server-side architecture to make it more scalable (for when the Steam hordes start rushing in). Due to this, the login method has changed, so please report any problems here.
Also, due to changes in how dares work, all in-progress dares have been unavoidably reset.
v68.1 will not correctly connect, use v68.2 instead
You will lose:
- any in-mission progress
- all graphics options, which includes your window/borderless/fullscreen setting.
- if any options have been removed or added to a new version, then all menu options (not just graphics) will be lost.
New features – Tweaks – Bug fixes – Internal changes
- Deleted users who haven’t logged in during the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime, and also users who haven’t logged in during the past week and have less than 10 minutes of playtime.
- League: Updated tutorial text.
- “Pecking Order” is now disabled on all boss waves.
- “Pecking Order” is now disabled on “Meteor Storm”, “Asteroids”, “Supernova”, and “Bonus Challenge”, and “Binary Stream”
- League: Difficulty is now shown on Incoming/Outgoing dares (@GoldenBoss128 Idea)
- Daily/Weekly/SpaceRace/Ironman lucrativity is now correctly determined based on environment (@Francis Bug)
- Overdrive: Fixed sound pitch increase being applied to weapons which don’t support overdrive (@Francis Bug)
- Ironman: “Blast From the Past” and “Mysterious” boss now spawn completely outside screen (@GoldenBoss128 Bug)
- “Chicken/Bubble Rings”: Fixed ring spawn order and disallowed Pecking Order (@GoldenBoss128 Bug)
- Undid this change from v.67 because it was causing Spawners to be prematurely deleted in “Visitors From Another Dimension” wave: Spawners (“Interdimensional Portals”) are no longer marked as primary enemies. (@GoldenBoss128 Bug)
- Added “League” button to Contacts screen (for directly locating a Contact in the League)
- League: “Friendly matches” are now only available against Contacts.
- Inbox: “Friendly matches” now use their own distinct message type (@xXmlgDiegoXx Idea)
- Slob: Reduced pink saturation around belly.
- All weapon sounds reduced in pitch by -5%. Overdrive now adds 10% pitch (was 20%).
- Added “Area Measurements” wave.
- Removed “Pecking Order” from Feather waves (@ActualZooks Bug)
- “Chicken Exponentiality” wave: Laserguns now also have a chance of appearing (@GoldenBoss128 @MNaeemi777 Idea)
- League: Fixed downward arrows appearing in cases where <0.3 points have been gained (@Francis Bug)
- Added Balancer front-end.
- League: “Dare difficulty” is now remembered until the game is quit (@GoldenBoss128 Idea)
- League: Dares can now be 7-10 waves long, Invasion dares can have 2 stages (@GoldenBoss128 Idea)
- League: Outgoing dares now say whether the recipient is currently flying them (@blue_ocean Idea)
- League: Dare recipient can see mission waves (@Francis @thisistrueuser @xXmlgDiegoXx Idea)
- Absolver: Beam thickness now has +10% leeway when clearing enemy bullets (@GoldenBoss128 Bug)
- Fixed eyes of chickens/chicks launched from Crab (@GoldenBoss128 Bug)
You are reminded that during Early Access you are responsible for backing up your own progress. Make a copy of everything under
C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU (including all sub-folders). Never rename files or move them from one version folder to another. Simply make a copy and then later put it back exactly where you found it.