Early Access version 68.2

MAIN CHANGES

This is a fundamentally technical update, but it also has a lot of bug fixes and quality-of-life improvements. Oh, and a new wave(!)

This is the first in a series of updates that restructure the server-side architecture to make it more scalable (for when the Steam hordes start rushing in). Due to this, the login method has changed, so please report any problems here.

Also, due to changes in how dares work, all in-progress dares have been unavoidably reset.

:warning: v68.1 will not correctly connect, use v68.2 instead

COMPATIBILITY

You will lose:

• any in-mission progress
  • all graphics options, which includes your window/borderless/fullscreen setting.
  • if any options have been removed or added to a new version, then all menu options (not just graphics) will be lost.

CHANGELOG

:new: New features – :bulb: Tweaks – :bug: Bug fixes – :gear: Internal changes

• :gear: Deleted users who haven’t logged in during the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime, and also users who haven’t logged in during the past week and have less than 10 minutes of playtime.
  • :bulb: League: Updated tutorial text.
  • :bulb: “Pecking Order” is now disabled on all boss waves.
  • :bulb: “Pecking Order” is now disabled on “Meteor Storm”, “Asteroids”, “Supernova”, and “Bonus Challenge”, and “Binary Stream”
  • :bulb: League: Difficulty is now shown on Incoming/Outgoing dares (@SA-GoldenBoss128 :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bug: Daily/Weekly/SpaceRace/Ironman lucrativity is now correctly determined based on environment (@Francis :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bug: Overdrive: Fixed sound pitch increase being applied to weapons which don’t support overdrive (@Francis :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bug: Ironman: “Blast From the Past” and “Mysterious” boss now spawn completely outside screen (@SA-GoldenBoss128 :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bug: “Chicken/Bubble Rings”: Fixed ring spawn order and disallowed Pecking Order (@SA-GoldenBoss128 :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bug: Undid this change from v.67 because it was causing Spawners to be prematurely deleted in “Visitors From Another Dimension” wave: Spawners (“Interdimensional Portals”) are no longer marked as primary enemies. (@SA-GoldenBoss128 :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bulb: Added “League” button to Contacts screen (for directly locating a Contact in the League)
  • :bulb: League: “Friendly matches” are now only available against Contacts.
  • :bulb: Inbox: “Friendly matches” now use their own distinct message type (@xXmlgDiegoXx :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: Slob: Reduced pink saturation around belly.
  • :bulb: All weapon sounds reduced in pitch by -5%. Overdrive now adds 10% pitch (was 20%).
  • :new: Added “Area Measurements” wave.
  • :bug: Removed “Pecking Order” from Feather waves (@ActualZooks :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bulb: “Chicken Exponentiality” wave: Laserguns now also have a chance of appearing (@SA-GoldenBoss128 @MNaeemi777 :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bug: League: Fixed downward arrows appearing in cases where <0.3 points have been gained (@Francis :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :gear: Added Balancer front-end.
  • :bulb: League: “Dare difficulty” is now remembered until the game is quit (@SA-GoldenBoss128 :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: League: Dares can now be 7-10 waves long, Invasion dares can have 2 stages (@SA-GoldenBoss128 :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: League: Outgoing dares now say whether the recipient is currently flying them (@Star_Light :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: League: Dare recipient can see mission waves (@Francis @trueuser @xXmlgDiegoXx :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bug: Absolver: Beam thickness now has +10% leeway when clearing enemy bullets (@SA-GoldenBoss128 :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bug: Fixed eyes of chickens/chicks launched from Crab (@SA-GoldenBoss128 :medal_sports: Bug)

BACKUPS

You are reminded that during Early Access you are responsible for backing up your own progress. Make a copy of everything under C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU (including all sub-folders). :warning: Never rename files or move them from one version folder to another. Simply make a copy and then later put it back exactly where you found it.

23 Likes

Reposting here. One note: You just press Win+; and Enter right after to type choose any emoji, green arrow at top left corner didn’t appear as I thought.

iA, can the rest of Satellites disappear immediately when the player can’t take anymore Satellites?

• Because they’re really confusing in waves:

Oh and this image is by @iIfireIi :

Look at Chick’s wing not eyes

Strongly disagree. You can use satellites you have to make them gone in order to get better satellites.

3 Likes

Tbh I just collect them so they don’t confuse me during waves. I never use them but I suppose you’re right, so how about making it an option(disable&enable)?

They can’t do anything to you so I don’t think it’s necessary.

1 Like

If someone is in your contacts, then you’ll be able to dare them even if the point difference wouldn’t allow you to

Wasn’t this only supposed to allow friendly matches?

2 Likes

I thought that was the point. Although, it’s easily exploitable. Dammit. :angry:

Also, fixed the “Choose Dare” is off-center issue in v.69 :medal_sports: Idea

8 Likes

Will investigate.

That would be even more confusing.

It’s just two feathers (from the trail of feathers left behind ) which have spawned in an unfortunate position.

2 Likes

IA, is it possible for multiple friendly dares sent at the same contact every day be implemented?

The only limitation will be that you cannot send another one until the first/previous dare you sent him isn’t cleared.

I was thinking this feature would help with training / practice / ruining friendships :Д

Can there be an option called “decline” for not accepting a dare?

Can this wave be in the spawn block missions? the only difference is that it would pass the U.F.O as in retro video games which gives many points

Also in the same type of mission can there be a variant? This would be that the ship rises and falls constantly without the player controlling that movement, this only controls the lateral movements, to attack the boss must approach in the anomaly zones to change its position and thus attack.

In the wave insight there can be an arrow indicating the direction or how will the variant of the same wave be? In the image is an example of what it would look like

3 Likes

And no for Supernova Derbris that is almost the same of the excluded waves? And going to be picky also with Bonus Challenge. I’m not leaving anyone alive if all these are going to be excluded from “Pecking Order” bonus.

I only got 3 idea medal(I supposed to get 4). Nvm I got it today.

Also when clicking any of these buttons image the highlight color won’t work with my name. I uploaded a gif but it didn’t work for some reason(maybe because of its size :v).
GoldenBoss128

How about making League duration color image green to be more fitting image or maybe blue image

I know that barriers don’t count through multi-kill, so how about preventing multi-kill bonus from showing final result while hitting barriers? So when you hit more after hitting barriers it continues. So barriers still don’t count through multi-kill but freeze it when getting destroyed.

Could number of waves be shown on daring list? It’ll be easier for counting:

Could bosses be more distinguishable on dare list:

Oh and could normal missions have a chance to have a image since it is in dare missions?

I damaged the barriers at this wave but decided to screenshot it first than restart it:

But I didn’t get a warning when ending session tho, look:

Could :white_check_mark: marks be overlaped on top of callsigns to be noticed better:

And callsigns should be over ships too:

Could League Boss Rush duration be until 1x7?

Could image affect Volcanic Chaingun? Like make it spread faster or slower?

Could barriers disappear once all enemies are killed at “Binary Stream/Scream” wave:

They don’t do that on 1st phase(Idk about 2nd tho).

I think “Dare” button should be removed instead of it saying:

Planetary Egg City needs a health buff, it can be destroyed easily even on 140% diff.

Could you add a pink & red coward there & there(to complete the rainbow):

Can you make the green line turns completely off when the player not login for 3 days instead of clicking to see:

I didn’t know the V68 came so I opened the game in V67 and that happened

And then Why didn’t the game tell me there was an update like so many previous times؟

and I suggest that making an option that allows the player to go outside of competition in UHF league so that no one can challenge or dare him that is useful when the player have exams or something like that

2 Likes

That could be an exploit to stay at high places. If you didn’t login for 3 days no one can dare you.

5 Likes

There’s no lucrative boost >D:

Would be helpful

1 Like

Did someone seen this in game?

I haven’t check it out this wave yet

Destiny IA
Yesterday, I was playing with ironman competition to level 20, today the update was lost

1 Like