Early Access version 59.3

MAIN CHANGES

:warning: If you use v59.1 you’ll be kicked out and the end of each mission. v59.2 has problems with music restarting on each wave. Use v.59.3 instead.

Another short update because too many technical changes stacked up behind the scenes.

Bug/Idea medals will be awarded later in the day. :warning: Your medal cannot be awarded if your in-game callsign doesn’t match your forum name (send it to me in a private message).

COMPATIBILITY

You will lose:

• any in-mission progress
  • all graphics options, which includes your window/borderless/fullscreen setting.
  • if any options have been removed or added to a new version, then all menu options (not just graphics) will be lost.

CHANGELOG

:new: New features – :bulb: Tweaks – :bug: Bug fixes – :gear: Internal changes

• :gear: Deleted users that haven’t logged in in the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime.
  • :gear: FPS cap is now 150 (was 125) (@BoggY :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :gear: Callsign comparisons are now fuzzy / more lenient (prevents “too-similar-looking” callsigns).
  • :gear: makeLower() and makeUpper() now support all Unicode characters (were previously English-only).
  • :bug: Reworked wave-to-wave music handling (corrects: music abruptly switching from wave to boss, incorrect music playing momentarily when continuing a mission) (@Sammarald :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bug: Keyboard shortcut keys no longer work during initial introductory zoom (@trueuser :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bulb: “It’s Party Time!”/“Brothers Reunited” waves: added mirrored variations (@trueuser :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: “Tangled Mess” wave: Added protective bubble (@OneWingLunarian :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: “Brothers Reunited” wave: Brothers now become enraged when their sibling dies (@Ace @ismet @OneWingLunarian :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :gear: Compiled with VS2019 v16.7.7
  • :gear: Fixed uninitialized “capsule collision” variable which may have lead to some fast bullets colliding as capsules instead of full rectangles.
  • :gear: destroyDevice(): Added DX context ClearState()/Flush(). Possibly fixes E_ACCESSDENIED during CreateSwapChain().
  • :bulb: “Bossa Nova” boss now drops coins when destroyed (@Pidgey :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bug: Profile screen: Constrained width of “Score” and “Next tier goal” to avoid overlap with score (@ans1382 :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bug: (incomplete fix from v.43) “Bubble Rings” wave: Prevented Assassins from spawning (@SA-GoldenBoss128 :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bulb: “Twice Infinity” wave: Twins now become enraged when their sibling dies (@Francis :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: “Blast From the Past” and “A mysterious ship approaches…” bosses now drop coins when destroyed (@Akemisora :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :gear: Strengthened anti-cheat mechanisms.
  • :gear: Game window now becomes immediately visible upon creation at default size (320x240) (temporary debugging measure)
  • :gear: Added support for system announcement messages.
  • :gear: Stricter e-mail validation.
  • :bulb: Challenge rewards are now 3x as much (@OneWingLunarian @SA-GoldenBoss128 :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bug: Weapons Training: Iron Chef no longer makes dropping-gift sound without actually dropping a gift (@VerMishelb :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bulb: “Fenced In” wave: Each group now randomly rotates CW or CCW (@SA-GoldenBoss128 :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :gear: Save folder now includes /ia/ (“channel”)
  • :bulb: “Multiplicity/Exponentiality” wave: Brothers/twins now also become enraged when their sibling dies (@Francis @SA-GoldenBoss128 :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :gear: Added support for banning.
  • :bulb: Main menu: Added “Terms of Service” and “Privacy Policy” buttons.

v59.3 patch:

BACKUPS

You are reminded that during Early Access you are responsible for backing up your own progress. Make a copy of everything under C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU (including all sub-folders). :warning: Never rename files or move them from one version folder to another. Simply make a copy and then later put it back exactly where you found it.

21 Likes

I noticed that the starfield scrolling speed is now somewhat inconsistent in the menu. On the logo and certain option submenus, it scrolls faster, while in other cases like logging in, it slows down.

For example, you can have it go faster on the logo, slower on the options menu and faster again on the gameplay options.

Also, I noticed that the enraged twin on Chicken Multiplicity isn’t that much faster.

6 Likes

Also, in retro missions music restarts after each wave
And pausing the game became more unconfortable

2 Likes

so, the music resets now after every wave?

3 Likes

I can’t think of anything that would cause that. Will investigate.

Uncomfortable? What do you mean?

This is a bug. Looking into it.

3 Likes

It’s like this: if you’re on borderless mode and you just started a mission, it doesn’t let you pause at the beginning, unless you press Start or alt-tab, after that the pause menu automatically pops up and afterwards it goes back to normal

2 Likes

What happened ? Why ?

3 Likes

Hmm… give a screenshot

I don’t think it’s necessary, even because a single screenshot wouldn’t help in this situation

3 Likes

Found the solution to the last message I edited / deleted.

I am downloading V 59.2 but my windows untivirus sent a message
I didn’t read that
I was chatting in my phone
The game have a virus or not?

Yeah.Me too said that.

The rewards for Daily Hard weren’t multiplied x3, only the 1st place’s one was, and the other ones are only the one below them -1, they should be 30, 27, 24, etc.
Also, Weekly’s and Space Race’s were completely unchanged

5 Likes

Fixed in v.59.3 :medal_sports: Bug

Can’t replicate. Did this happen more than once? Did you try pressing ESC, P, or the Pause Key?

3 Likes

So many bugs in new version : |

Well, yes

I tried all of them, and it didn’t work until I alt-tabbed

3 Likes

Its the early access, what can IA do if there are many bugs.

2 Likes

First time I see 3 edition of one version

How can you know that? It’s only at the end of the day that the rankings are calculated. Everything currently shown in the game was calculated using the old rules.

4 Likes

Oh, sorry :sweat_smile: I’ll wait for tomorrow I guess

3 Likes