If you use v59.1 you’ll be kicked out and the end of each mission. v59.2 has problems with music restarting on each wave. Use v.59.3 instead.
Another short update because too many technical changes stacked up behind the scenes.
Bug/Idea medals will be awarded later in the day. Your medal cannot be awarded if your in-game callsign doesn’t match your forum name (send it to me in a private message).
You will lose:
- any in-mission progress
- all graphics options, which includes your window/borderless/fullscreen setting.
- if any options have been removed or added to a new version, then all menu options (not just graphics) will be lost.
New features – Tweaks – Bug fixes – Internal changes
- Deleted users that haven’t logged in in the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime.
- FPS cap is now 150 (was 125) (@BoggY Idea)
- Callsign comparisons are now fuzzy / more lenient (prevents “too-similar-looking” callsigns).
- makeLower() and makeUpper() now support all Unicode characters (were previously English-only).
- Reworked wave-to-wave music handling (corrects: music abruptly switching from wave to boss, incorrect music playing momentarily when continuing a mission) (@EmeraldPlay Bug)
- Keyboard shortcut keys no longer work during initial introductory zoom (@thisistrueuser Bug)
- “It’s Party Time!”/“Brothers Reunited” waves: added mirrored variations (@thisistrueuser Idea)
- “Tangled Mess” wave: Added protective bubble (@OneWingLunarian Idea)
- “Brothers Reunited” wave: Brothers now become enraged when their sibling dies (@Ace @ultra_gejmer @OneWingLunarian Idea)
- Compiled with VS2019 v16.7.7
- Fixed uninitialized “capsule collision” variable which may have lead to some fast bullets colliding as capsules instead of full rectangles.
- destroyDevice(): Added DX context ClearState()/Flush(). Possibly fixes E_ACCESSDENIED during CreateSwapChain().
- “Bossa Nova” boss now drops coins when destroyed (@Pidgey Idea)
- Profile screen: Constrained width of “Score” and “Next tier goal” to avoid overlap with score (@ans1382 Bug)
- (incomplete fix from v.43) “Bubble Rings” wave: Prevented Assassins from spawning (@GoldenBoss128 Bug)
- “Twice Infinity” wave: Twins now become enraged when their sibling dies (@Francis Idea)
- “Blast From the Past” and “A mysterious ship approaches…” bosses now drop coins when destroyed (@Akemisora Idea)
- Strengthened anti-cheat mechanisms.
- Game window now becomes immediately visible upon creation at default size (320x240) (temporary debugging measure)
- Added support for system announcement messages.
- Stricter e-mail validation.
- Challenge rewards are now 3x as much (@OneWingLunarian @GoldenBoss128 Idea)
- Weapons Training: Iron Chef no longer makes dropping-gift sound without actually dropping a gift (@VerMishelb Bug)
- “Fenced In” wave: Each group now randomly rotates CW or CCW (@GoldenBoss128 Idea)
- Save folder now includes /ia/ (“channel”)
- “Multiplicity/Exponentiality” wave: Brothers/twins now also become enraged when their sibling dies (@Francis @GoldenBoss128 Idea)
- Added support for banning.
You are reminded that during Early Access you are responsible for backing up your own progress. Make a copy of everything under
C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU (including all sub-folders). Never rename files or move them from one version folder to another. Simply make a copy and then later put it back exactly where you found it.