Early Access version 54

MAIN CHANGES

This is mainly a clean-up release to fix the major bugs in v.53 (without introducing new ones, hopefully).

In other news, development will slow down over the coming weeks, and updates will be few and far between. I will be mainly focusing on new player experience, tutorials/help, and general UX improvements. New content and ideas submitted during this time will be added to the backlog, and will be looked at at (pff, English) a later date.

Bug/Idea medals will be awarded later in the day (even after your medal is awarded, you’ll need to re-connect to see it). :warning: Your medal cannot be awarded if your in-game callsign doesn’t match your forum name (send it to me in a private message).

COMPATIBILITY

You will lose:

• any in-mission progress
  • any graphics options you have configured (under particular circumstances, all menu options could be lost)

CHANGELOG

:new: New features – :bulb: Tweaks – :bug: Bug fixes – :gear: Internal changes

• :gear: Deleted users that haven’t logged in in the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime.
  • :bug: Feather Fields: Music no longer fades before boss fight (@Sammarald :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bug: Absolver: Corrected oversight on “damage sharing” default value (should be 50%, but was 0%)
  • :bug: “Feather Brain” boss: Fixed pitch of damage sounds (@OrvilleTheOrca :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bug: Cowards now attack against direction of travel (instead of opposite direction they’re facing) when damaged while in their non-repelled position (@MoonKnight :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bug: Feather Fields: Fixed gift direction at beginning of each wave (@SonicCrazyExe :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bulb: “Feather Brain” boss: Changed direction of anomaly zones to point exactly towards center of screen (@Fractorial :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bug: “Magnetic Manipulator”, “Feather Brain” bosses: Fixed crash when dealing killing blow with Absolver while simultaneously also damaging other meteors/feathers (@Fractorial @anon48763505 :medal_sports: Bug).
  • :bug: “Electric environment” missions: Fixed lightning strikes preventing wave from ending (@xXmlgDiegoXx :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bug: “Asteroids/no, really” wave: Reduced size of safe zone (@OneWingLunarian :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bug: “Electric environment” missions: Fixed getting killed by lightning even if spawn shield is active (@SonicCrazyExe :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bulb: Asteroids generate rock particles & sparks when getting destroyed (@OneWingLunarian :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: “Electric environment” missions: Made lightning rarer (increased max time separation to 9s from 7s) (@SA-GoldenBoss128 :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bug: Removed HUD health bar from Henlley’s Comet, added bars to Brothers Reunited and Chicken Exponentiality (@SA-GoldenBoss128 :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :new: Store: Added “Darkness” music (@Sammarald :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bug: Removed HUD health bar from It’s the Mother-Hen Ship (@SA-GoldenBoss128 :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bug: “Maneuvering jets” now work on fighters in massive environments (@trueuser :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bulb: Added head collision area to “Feather Brain” (@anon51565962 :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: “Feather Brain” boss is now weak against “fire” and “metal” weapons (@Sammarald :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :gear: Refactored mission environment in DB (enum to bools). “Massive” is now part of missionInfo (rather than planet).
  • :bulb: Comets now have variable amount of health depending on difficulty (100-300).
  • :bug: Fixed incorrect “HUD Enemy Health Indicator” % on comets.
  • :bulb: Boss Rushes: Reduced probability weight of “Egg Cannon Cannon Cannon Cannonade” to 0.75 (was 1).
  • :bug: “Egg Cannon Cannon Cannon Cannonade” boss: enabled multiple hits (chaining/splitting) (@GgWw1175 :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bug: Fixed broken beam splitting code (@GgWw1175 :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bulb: Ineffective fix. ICBMs can now destroy feathers (@Fractorial :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bug: This rule now applies even after being detached upon player death: Satellites are now prevented from moving horizontally in missions where player can only move horizontally (Squawk block, Anniversary) (@Fractorial :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bug: Removed HUD health bar from Clothes/Striptease Chicken boss (@xXmlgDiegoXx :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :gear: Refactored Weapon into Classic (one-shot/continuous) and Chargeable.
  • :bulb: Galaxy: Improved color of electric environment storms (based on each planet’s atmosphere color) (@Tempest_ORM :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :new: Medium daily missions have a 25% probability (hard missions 50%) of having a special environment (hot/frozen/electric/massive).
  • :bulb: Mission Config screen: Added icons about mission environment.
  • :bulb: In-mission pause screen: Added information about skill difficulty boost (@anon48763505 :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: “From Cover to Cover” wave: Made first 2 barriers in each row indestructible (@MoonKnight :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: “Chicken Vending Machine/Freshly Packed Chicken Vending Machine” wave: reduced barrier difficulty by 50% (@Fractorial :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bug: Removed HUD health bar from Shoot the Core boss (@minasam123 :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bulb: Store/Mission Config screens: Added tool-tips to smalltags (“perishable”, “stackable”, etc)
  • :bulb: Store/Mission Config screens: Added “auto-use” and “manual” smalltags.
  • :bug: Photon Swarm: Fixed wrong Bomber power when calculating probability of strong projectile (@GgWw1175 :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bug: Removed HUD health bar from Anniversary/Crazy Squawker boss (@marksam123 :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bulb: Squadron names must now be unique (@Fractorial :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: Wave types are now determined by an ‘adjusted difficulty’ which is +20% above the mission’s natural difficulty (@Sammarald :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bug: Ineffective fix. Fixed keys not being dropped even though key glow is visible (@RoboCat @Francis :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bug: Galaxy: Updated mission counts which had become outdated after introduction of Feather missions (@Sammarald :medal_sports: Bug)

BACKUPS

You are reminded that during Early Access you are responsible for backing up your own progress. Make a copy of everything under C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU (including all sub-folders). :warning: Never rename files or move them from one version folder to another. Simply make a copy and then later put it back exactly where you found it.

30 Likes

This happens with the gifts they give you when starting a wave with others, shouldn’t it work like this?
why

What’s wrong with it? You mean it’s overlapping? That’s random. Just shoot the feather away.

4 Likes

yes, that seems strange to me

Maybe it should be behind the feather .

2 Likes

That’s the answer:

4 Likes

I know, but I mean that this super gift to the pen seems strange to me visually

For some reason Feather Brain is still taking normal amounts of damage from metal and fire weapons imageimage

5 Likes

Should it mention that Jets affects Massive environment too? The tooltip now might imply that it only affects bombers

4 Likes

Fixed in v.55 :medal_sports: Bug

I rephrased it to: “Increases the maximum speed of your spacecraft during a mission (only in cases where maneuverability is limited)”

Changed in v.55 :medal_sports: Idea

10 Likes

Infinte Chick
Nice!

4 Likes

@InterAction_studios These tags are clickable but why no tooltips come up? did i do something wrong or just missed something? Or maybe it used to be like that but I’m just curious. :confused:

7 Likes

Change the In-mission deadly lighting color to the same of planet atmosphere? (Like Suns with their aura color)

4 Likes

Speaking of it, did anyone noticed at the image that the “Diameter” word position is a little to the left?

8 Likes

Dude, i noticed that when i was screenshotting. Why i shouldn’t notice?

2 Likes

Maybe its position should be adjusted!

I know it’s a little mistake.

2 Likes

Then why do you reply me? Besides, Diameter word being a bit to the left isn’t a really big problem.

1 Like

Because it’s something related to your image.

it’s still a mistake, besides you got most of your medals because of little letters/words mistakes.

2 Likes

Yeah, he nitpicked alot on small typos that don’t even deserve typo medals.

3 Likes

Are you replying me so that you get the medal and not me? Don’t do the same mistake @trueuser did.

Stop saying i am nitpicky because i am not, and stop bringing old fights, thanks. Oh, and it’s wierd that they are excluded for no reason…

1 Like