This is mainly a clean-up release to fix the major bugs in v.53 (without introducing new ones, hopefully).
In other news, development will slow down over the coming weeks, and updates will be few and far between. I will be mainly focusing on new player experience, tutorials/help, and general UX improvements. New content and ideas submitted during this time will be added to the backlog, and will be looked at at (pff, English) a later date.
Bug/Idea medals will be awarded later in the day (even after your medal is awarded, you’ll need to re-connect to see it). Your medal cannot be awarded if your in-game callsign doesn’t match your forum name (send it to me in a private message).
You will lose:
- any in-mission progress
- any graphics options you have configured (under particular circumstances, all menu options could be lost)
New features – Tweaks – Bug fixes – Internal changes
- Deleted users that haven’t logged in in the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime.
- Feather Fields: Music no longer fades before boss fight (@EmeraldPlay Bug)
- Absolver: Corrected oversight on “damage sharing” default value (should be 50%, but was 0%)
- “Feather Brain” boss: Fixed pitch of damage sounds (@OrvilleTheOrca Bug)
- Cowards now attack against direction of travel (instead of opposite direction they’re facing) when damaged while in their non-repelled position (@BlueGamingVN Bug)
- Feather Fields: Fixed gift direction at beginning of each wave (@lbekeneb88 Bug)
- “Feather Brain” boss: Changed direction of anomaly zones to point exactly towards center of screen (@Fractorial Idea)
- “Magnetic Manipulator”, “Feather Brain” bosses: Fixed crash when dealing killing blow with Absolver while simultaneously also damaging other meteors/feathers (@Fractorial @HaiAn2007 Bug).
- “Electric environment” missions: Fixed lightning strikes preventing wave from ending (@xXmlgDiegoXx Bug)
- “Asteroids/no, really” wave: Reduced size of safe zone (@BoredCelestial Idea)
- “Electric environment” missions: Fixed getting killed by lightning even if spawn shield is active (@lbekeneb88 Bug)
- Asteroids generate rock particles & sparks when getting destroyed (@BoredCelestial Idea)
- “Electric environment” missions: Made lightning rarer (increased max time separation to 9s from 7s) (@TheChickenBoss128 Idea)
- Removed HUD health bar from Henlley’s Comet, added bars to Brothers Reunited and Chicken Exponentiality (@TheChickenBoss128 Bug)
- Store: Added “Darkness” music (@EmeraldPlay Idea)
- Removed HUD health bar from It’s the Mother-Hen Ship (@TheChickenBoss128 Bug)
- “Maneuvering jets” now work on fighters in massive environments (@thisistrueuser Bug)
- Added head collision area to “Feather Brain” (@CrashBandicoot Idea)
- “Feather Brain” boss is now weak against “fire” and “metal” weapons (@EmeraldPlay Idea)
- Refactored mission environment in DB (enum to bools). “Massive” is now part of missionInfo (rather than planet).
- Comets now have variable amount of health depending on difficulty (100-300).
- Fixed incorrect “HUD Enemy Health Indicator” % on comets.
- Boss Rushes: Reduced probability weight of “Egg Cannon Cannon Cannon Cannonade” to 0.75 (was 1).
- “Egg Cannon Cannon Cannon Cannonade” boss: enabled multiple hits (chaining/splitting) (@GgWw1175 Bug)
- Fixed broken beam splitting code (@GgWw1175 Bug)
ICBMs can now destroy feathers(@Fractorial Idea)
- This rule now applies even after being detached upon player death: Satellites are now prevented from moving horizontally in missions where player can only move horizontally (Squawk block, Anniversary) (@Fractorial Bug)
- Removed HUD health bar from Clothes/Striptease Chicken boss (@xXmlgDiegoXx Bug)
- Refactored Weapon into Classic (one-shot/continuous) and Chargeable.
- Galaxy: Improved color of electric environment storms (based on each planet’s atmosphere color) (@Tempest_ORM Idea)
- Medium daily missions have a 25% probability (hard missions 50%) of having a special environment (hot/frozen/electric/massive).
- Mission Config screen: Added icons about mission environment.
- In-mission pause screen: Added information about skill difficulty boost (@HaiAn2007 Idea)
- “From Cover to Cover” wave: Made first 2 barriers in each row indestructible (@BlueGamingVN Idea)
- “Chicken Vending Machine/Freshly Packed Chicken Vending Machine” wave: reduced barrier difficulty by 50% (@Fractorial Idea)
- Removed HUD health bar from Shoot the Core boss (@thisisamericanuser Bug)
- Store/Mission Config screens: Added tool-tips to smalltags (“perishable”, “stackable”, etc)
- Store/Mission Config screens: Added “auto-use” and “manual” smalltags.
- Photon Swarm: Fixed wrong Bomber power when calculating probability of strong projectile (@GgWw1175 Bug)
- Removed HUD health bar from Anniversary/Crazy Squawker boss (@marksam123 Bug)
- Squadron names must now be unique (@Fractorial Idea)
- Wave types are now determined by an ‘adjusted difficulty’ which is +20% above the mission’s natural difficulty (@EmeraldPlay Idea)
Fixed keys not being dropped even though key glow is visible(@RoboCat @Francis Bug)
- Galaxy: Updated mission counts which had become outdated after introduction of Feather missions (@EmeraldPlay Bug)
You are reminded that during Early Access you are responsible for backing up your own progress. Make a copy of everything under
C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU (including all sub-folders). Never rename files or move them from one version folder to another. Simply make a copy and then later put it back exactly where you found it.