Early Access version 48

Do you think it is possible that as the Boron Railgun changes the color of your projectile, some kind of sound will sound to indicate this? Either the firing sound becomes higher pitched or some kind of sound sounds indicating that the firing temperature is gradually increasing.

Why did I get 2 idea medals did I do anything wrong

you can win by not dying

8 Likes

Will play with this stuff extensively in a few hours, looking forward to providing actual feedback.

Preliminary thoughts:

• HYPE for weapons! Corn and Boron sound particularly fun, and I’m low-key excited for Riddler, too. I will need to figure out how the Boron “heating” actually looks in-game so that I can figure out whether I need a second set of sprites for weapon rebalance, too. I probably won’t comment on Hypergun and Laser Cannon until 0.49, though.

• Key Rushes sound actually good now - and with the map @BoggY posted, the timing couldn’t be better to test them.

• On the flip side, those key nerfs are going to hurt my in-game wallet, lol - but perhaps it’s for the best. Will need to play with them and see if they feel balanced with everything else.

• In-game tips has me way more excited than it ought to for such a small thing. :joy:

• @OneWingLunarian The comet chase looks insane. That’s SSH, right? Because I agree that it definitely needed to be harder (like, CI3 level) but that’s pretty mad. It’ll be fun, but I don’t see how it could potentially get any harder than that for the next two difficulties that are upcoming, so perhaps the difficulty scale should “slide” along to accommodate that.
    I need to actually play it first though.

• New exhaust type is interesting, because it’s such a subtle difference in the original games - I’ll be interested to see if the sprite has been ported directly, or if we’re looking at a “modern redesign” of it.

• Top Pilots also sounds cool, it’s totally going to fire up my competitive side tho. :joy:

1 Like

Well, I think it’s hard ENOUGH now :sweat_smile:
Imagine this on Universal Grandmaster

Well, we’ll just see if iA thinks it’s worthy of a nerf. To me, it’s still manageable with Vulcan Chaingun.
Comet Chase is now truly for experienced players :smirk:

ngl though, i think comet chase is pretty fun now

1 Like

@InterAction_studios
Can these match the HUD?
(in inbox)

What difficulty and skill level is this?
To me it looks about right for more difficult SSH.
EDIT: “this” refers to the video.

1 Like

over 100% would be 3 comets at a time per spawn.

Make sure to use Vulcan. (Icbms can save you too)

1 Like

No, I meant the video. It’s hard to judge if the difficulty’s right without knowing the level of miſſion.

Screenshot (1770)
there you go. This was done on SSH.

1 Like

Yeah, I think the difficulty on this is probably about right. Only the beſt of the beſt ſtand a chance. How faſt did it get?

Well, in the first few waves, it’s really slow and will most likely trap you.
In the last few waves, it’s more on reaction time rather than trapping you. (though that’s still possible)
Basically, starts real slow, and get really quick.

2 Likes

Exploit Warning: Never overheating Absolver is pretty legit

1 Like

Given that it didn’t overheat eaſily before, I’m not ſure how much difference it makes.
You’re ſtill ſcrewed on Aſteroids, though, ſo that balances it out nicely.

Boron and Plasma also benefit hugely from this.

And just to clarify - as per the Exploit and Cheating Policy, we’re allowed to use this to it’s fullest extent until the next update? It’s coded into the game, it’s not like a cheat or anything (although it feels super broken, lol)

Incidently, it’s also great for testing how weapons are performing without heat restrictions. @1galbatorix1 - you might want to mess around a bit with this update before it’s fixed. :wink:

2 Likes

space race with this exploit

speaking of which, do you think a nerf for comet chase would be necessary? Or should it be kept the way it is?

So far, I don’t have any trouble with comet chases

May I go back to version 47? :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Ok, medal awarded. Please, next time please provide better explanation of your bugs than this:

4 Likes

This was an oversight on my part. 300% at difficulty 100% means 380% at difficulty 140%, which is excessive.

I’ve reduced it to 250% (i.e., 310% at difficulty 140%)

6 Likes

Darn.

@MNaeemi777, that ſhip is bright! No chance of loſing it in the corner.