2 Likes

Internet lag, maybe?

1 Like

I think so

Goodbye Meritorious Marksmanship, Hello Clean Sweep

Some quick thoughts on the new Ion Blaster

• Visual is good
  • Balanced relatively well for both bombers and single pylon models
  • I thought I would dislike the “high-damage” projectiles, but they actually give the weapon what it needs
  • I am also favorable towards the deprecation of the “double-projectile” that was actually just one double-damage sprite, never liked that.
  • Functions admirably as a bullet-vomiting spread weapon, which is exactly the niche it is supposed to fit
  • Fairs acceptably but not ideally for Boss Rush, which is about right
  • Destroys supernovas
  • It is now much better balanced on the whole
  • Can someone smarter than me get the DPS calculated? I suspect it is quite high now…

On an unrelated note, how do we feel about the points for trophies? Not seeing much discussion about that and would like to hear everyone’s thoughts…

10 Likes

Let’s see,hmm…

Not sure because I did not notice this phenomenon in previous versions

I tried the new Ion Blaster, it’s good. Niche to high number of chickens. For bosses, it’s not the best choice due to its design.

And the new Mysterious Ship (Iron Egg) is pretty intimidating at first glance. I like it.

By the way, I found that even number are easier to predict. Back then, IA was reluctant to add 7th laser to Yolk Star but players wanted it, so IA added it. How about 7th laser for Mysterious Ship at >100%?

• Yes!
  • Hell no!

0 voters

And one more idea, because Twice Infinity got their 360 not only for the first attack, Party Chicken should get his 360 too.

1 Like

I haven’t seen it, maybe because I kill them too fast?

at a high level of difficulty, you can encounter

I see a bug. After installing the newer version of the game, all settings will return to their original state. for example I disable the option (satellite auto fire) but in the new version it activates again automatically.

It was 100% intended. Utensil Poker has higher damage output, but Ion Blaster has more projectiles so can deal with things like Supernova, or Feathers more easily, so may be a preferable choice somewhere in the game. This was one of the reasons for separating double projectiles in my WBP post. So far, it looks like this solution succeeded perfectly.

It’s exactly the same as in the Ion Blaster WBP post. 11700 at 10 :zap:, 15600 at 20 :zap:. Only thing that is different is projectiles. If you are interested, you can find complete DPS tables in my google docs. (WBP Weapon Monochart , WBP Ultimate Table)

My thought are very similar. I also disliked the big projectiles when I saw them on screenshot, but gameplay-wise they are pretty good. They give this weapon some burst damage against falling UFOs, so I think it was a good choice to include them instead of additional small projectiles on the sides.

I played whole (almost, cuz I died on wave 100 boss :upside_down_face: :gun:) weekly challenge with almost exclusively Ion Blaster. It’s viable, and feels good to play IMO. Much, much, much better than previously. With dmg amp it was able to clean sweep full UFO chick Omnidirectional Onslaught, so it isn’t underperforming damage-wise. Has a lot of projectiles so works quite well against waves with many chickens. Struggles a bit against Cowards and Slobs, but I think still is viable, you just have to be very careful when killing them.

I think this rework turned out great. So far I don’t think it needs any further changes. We need to play a bit more with it tho, just to be sure.

6 Likes

Sorry, I skipped over it by mistake. As I’ve mentioned elsewhere, awarding medals isn’t straightforward.

5 Likes

Well, that’s why. When you change graphics modes a lot of things are reset, including the sounds. Acknowledged, won’t fix.

3 Likes

please fix it!

I see.

3 Likes

If there’s a Weapon Rebalance Program, where’s the Satellite Rebalance Program?

1 Like

Is it necessary?

2 Likes

I absolutely love the changes to Ion Blaster and I’m really happy that IA liked Galbatorix’s proposed changes exactly as they are (EDIT: To clarify I meant DPS-wise). The big projectiles took me by surprise, too, but unlike other players I actually liked them immediately because they were good at destroying objects like U.F.Os (not to be mistaken with U.C.O.).

I’m really curious to see what weapon IA is gonna tackle next. Maybe the one(s) from Part 2? (Saying that because I can’t recall which ones they were, most likely Utensil and Neutrons).

Also has anyone tested the new spacecraft hitboxes? Could they make a comparison image where the old ones and the new ones are shown side by side?

5 Likes

Oh, cool - so it’s currently very close to the non-WBP Neutron Gun then.

This. Satellites are pretty fine as they are - and their nature as augments that can be equipped in multiple slots and distributed randomly by (literally) loot crates flying through space means that making them perfectly equal isn’t as necessary because people will still have ample opportunity to use them all.

I was crashing a lot in my H&C Scout earlier today - so it might be bigger.

Watch it actually be smaller and I’m just doing bad lol

3 Likes