Early Access version 34

MAIN CHANGES

Yet another update that attempts to fix lost profiles :sob:.

The biggest change is that now the galaxy overlay can show information about your completed missions per planet. This is seemingly a small change, but in fact causes very significant changes to the database and the way data is shared between your game and the server, so I want to release it as an (approximately) stand-alone update.

Note: you might find that your saved galaxy overlay settings have been changed. This is expected – just change them back.

Key Rush missions have also been spread throughout the galaxy. There’s about 50 of them, let me know if they’re (not) rare enough.

Finally, squadron rewards have been tweaked: you now earn more keys as more and more of your members fly their assignments.

Bug/Idea medals will be awarded later in the day. :warning: Your medal cannot be awarded if your in-game callsign doesn’t match your forum name (send it to me in a private message).

COMPATIBILITY

You will lose:

• any in-mission progress
  • any menu options you have configured

CHANGELOG

:new: New features – :bulb: Tweaks – :bug: Bug fixes – :gear: Internal changes

• :gear: Deleted users that haven’t logged in in the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime.
  • :gear: Most active squadron message: widened message to 12.5 grids (was 12.25).
  • :gear: The two copies of profile saved are now not identical in contents (lost profiles debugging).
  • :bug: Fixed bug where a disconnection (“end session”) precisely on losing the last life would cause the game to keep playing with 0 lives upon reconnection (@ngoinhado :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :gear: Fixed SQL query leak in weekly challenge top-10 calculations.
  • :bug: Fixed squadron assignments being incorrectly assigned to ALL of founder’s squadrons (@OneWingLunarian :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bulb: Squadron founder key reward now starts at 2 keys and increases proportionately as more members complete an assignment.
  • :bug: Reported sun/star diameter is now 10x larger (@anon48763505 :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :gear: Moved missions from StarBody to BodyParkable.
  • :bulb: Galaxy information overlay: Added “missions won” (@Noideaforaname69 @cristian14292 :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: Added Key Rush missions to galaxy.

BACKUPS

You are reminded that during Early Access you are responsible for backing up your own progress. Make a copy of everything under C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU (including all sub-folders). :warning: Never rename files or move them from one version folder to another. Simply make a copy and then later put it back exactly where you found it.

13 Likes

Can we please get a roadmap? Or devblog? Or to-do-list? Anything?
It doesn’t need to have dates, just write what needs to be worked on.

5 Likes

Which contains hundreads of suggestions and gets bigger each day?

3 Likes

And what’s your point exactly?

There is no need to post it at least for three reasons:

1. It will be big as hell and you won’t read it even if you would like to.
  2. It will be useless as it can change almost every day.
  3. IA will not spend time to edit it often. That doesn’t worth it imo.
3 Likes

i think you’re missing the point of the suggestion, its not an open access list, its one put together by IA. it wouldn’t change everyday because its a general list of what the game will be as it goes forward, not containing every idea suggested by users.
IA wouldn’t need to spend time to edit it regularly, only consider it as a checklist, it doesn’t need masses of detail or regular updates lol.
I think it would be a great way to keep the early access player-base connected to the development progress.

3 Likes

visual “bug” with new feature…mission completed

i think that that is not necessary that 0/0 sign for the fortune teller space burger and other shops!!

4 Likes

Quick question: do the Key Rush mission locations reset every month like rare equipment? Also, can we have something when we complete all 50 Key Rush missions?
Also, just want to confirm: can they appear at Asteroid Belts and Droids?

and by the way an older idea …could you add in the info area somethink similar like mission completed… missions type…or would be very difficult to do that?

This error comes from the Telemachus system (I can’t remember the constellation) near the Tomwo’get wormhole.

2 Likes

Also from the same constellation (Acoetes - Taraxippus - Alpha Taraxippus):

1 Like

How much Key Rush will appear in 1 month ?

@Boggy: Key Rush missions are permanent in the galaxy. You can only play each one once. If there was a medal, then it would be more difficult to dynamically add new missions in the future.
Asteroid Belts: Yes No
Droids: No

@gabytzu: Where would this info area appear? When you view the planet?

@GuestUniverse: This is because mission count on a planet includes missions on its orbitting sub-planets (this is how totals are calculated for solar systems and constellations). Will look into fixing this.

@RoboCat: Key Rushes do not spawn dynamically – they are permanent in the galaxy.

4 Likes

I mean something like that

would be difficult to do that?

5 Likes

Considerably. I’d rather not bake this information into the client, because it will become outdated whenever new missions or mission types are added.

I’m also uncertain about the usefulness of such a feature. I think it will just fragment the information and make it unmanageable. If it’s highly requested, however, I can put it in (poll?)

4 Likes

should be added mission type info?

• yes
  • no

0 voters

Idea: Make Warning Information about Key Rush Mission (This mission can play only once)

4 Likes

I feel like knowing if we have/have not completed a mission is important (and helps us keep track of what we already know) but revealing all the mission details (such as type) before you even explore the planet makes “exploring” feel like just “landing”.

I don’t think this information should be available until at least the player has explored a planet, so I lean against adding it at all.

2 Likes

Fixed in v.35 :medal_sports: Bug

8 Likes

Fixed in v.35 :medal_sports: Bug

5 Likes