Early Access version 26

Because it’s low difficulty, i think

Its still a surprise right?

5 Likes

Clearly, but there should still be a few enemies, otherwise the wave becomes kinda pointless.

1 Like

I got an idea :D

How about adding Hot Terran planets to CIU? Currently we only have Hot planets that are like Gas Giants. These planets would like like the Gamma Chthon from CI5.
GammaChthon

11 Likes

Every single combination could work I guess, except ice with hot of course.

1 Like

Some clarification about how bomber firepower is calculated. Skip this if you’d rather discover it on your own.

Bomber weapons do not actually have their own dedicated power levels or firing patterns – that would be too much work for too little payoff. Instead, think of each bomber as containing two separate weapons (one for each pylon). Your total :zap:Weapon power is split equally between the two pylons. So, for example, a bomber with :zap:6 Ion blaster has the same output power as two :zap:3 Ion blasters. For odd powers, the left pylon gets one more level than the other (projectile-based weapons are capable of alternating between which pylon gets the extra power with each volley).

Total power Pylon 1 Pylon 2
0 0 0
1 1 0
2 1 1
3 2 1
4 2 2
etc.

Since twice the power would be excessive, however, bombers also have a limit to their maximum power (13-16, depending on the model). Their “Max power” is +10 levels beyond that. “Max power” gives +1 power to each pylon (the equivalent of +2 total power level).

This means that:

1. You can’t directly compare power levels between standard fighters and bombers. Bombers will typically take longer (i.e., more power levels) to ramp up their output, but their output will continue increasing way past level 10.

2. As weapon damage ramping is typically non-linear, there may be particular power levels where a bomber is weaker/equivalent/stronger that the corresponding fighter. But bombers will eventually exceed any fighter’s output.

3. Some weapons behave oddly (@gabytzu e.g. the Photon Swarm never becoming orange, because neither pylon ever reaches level 10)

8 Likes

This could be grey or red, or simply show no numbers

1 Like

This is a rounding issue (the actual number is probably something like 0.03%). Hmm… I could clamp it to a minimum of 0.1%, I guess :thinking:

2 Likes

Idea: Remove (Clear) all slots

8 Likes

Probably suggested before but I’d like if we had some kind of presets for the equipment slots, ex. preset 1 would be half amps and half lives for daily challenge, preset 2 would include mass condensers for space race, preset 3 would include phaseouts for boss rushes, preset 4 is completely empty for the unpreparedness medal etc.

2 Likes

for the heavy bomber ships, the plasma rifle is the best wep.

I made a whole batch of improvement ſuggeſtions, but I don’t think that’s the higheſt priörity right now.

Hey @InterAction_studios I have a bug with BX_6 Hrunting Heavy Bomber
While I was playing Chicken Invaders Universe This Ship called BX_6 Hrunting Heavy Bomber
The mouse sensitivity is very high while the sensitivity in this ship very slow
Can you fix it very slow in v27.1 please

Is a feature of the heavy bombers.
They move slower

Why don’t people read patch notes? Why???

2 Likes

Might you please Let @InterAction_studios Reply

Why? They’re saying the truth. Did you even read this post? The awful max speed is intentional.

2 Likes

Yes I read it

Then you should know it’s not a bug…

Whew! Finally did it.

1 Like