This is a server-side update. You do not need to download anything.
This update adds “fiery asteroid belts” and also changes names and locations for wormholes. The fiery asteroid effect is invisible client-side (you’ll need to wait until v.23 for a full update), but you can tell fiery asteroids by their red orbit streak (instead of white, for rocky asteroids) in the galaxy screen.
A soft galaxy regeneration was required to make these changes. Some missions have been moved between asteroid belts, so you might find yourself having a completed mission in an asteroid belt you haven’t explored yet.
Also, galactic price fluctuations now work: prices can now be up to 30% cheaper depending on where in the galaxy you are (respectively, prices for food sold can also vary). Use “Price Insight” to see these fluctuations (up blue arrow=higher prices, down red arrow=lower prices). Fluctuations change every 24 hours. The fluctuation isn’t just random – it follows a longer cycle. It takes about a week for an “expensive” region of the galaxy to become “cheap” and vice versa.
You will lose:
- any in-mission progress
- [Server-side v22.2] Asteroid belts have now exploration reward (5 keys) (@matix524 Bug)
- [Server-side v22.2] Improved wormhole placement during galaxy generation (@RoboCat Bug).
- [Server-side v22.2] Meteor Storm missions now marked as “hot” when close to the sun (@GgWw1175 Idea). In the v.23 client update they will also display fiery asteroids.
- [Server-side v22.2] Galaxy has been soft-regenerated. Wormholes have changed names and locations. Asteroid belts have moved orbit within the same star system.
- [Server-side v22.2] Galaxy price fluctuations now work.