This started off as a bug-only update, but at the last minute we managed to cram in some new functionality: recently played missions and mission to-do lists. We also performed a little bit of galactic housekeeping, deleting old inactive players.
Your bug & idea medals will be awarded
in the next few hours soon.
UPDATE v.21: This update fixes the problem of no time delay between waves. You’ll need to download another client update. Sorry!
You will lose:
- any in-mission progress
- any menu options you have configured
- Fixed (again): Music doesn’t fade out before Retro/Comet/Supernova bosses, unless if a custom music has been set. (@RoboCat Bug)
- Rankings screen: Fixed (occasional) wrong placement of asterisk.
- Color theme: Fixed default “destruction-low” color incorrectly being assigned to the default “progress” color (@BoggY Bug)
- [Server-side v19.2] Rankings now work.
- [Server-side v19.2] Squadron invitation messages are now sent out (stopgap fix).
- Bossa Nova: “Shortened” ring warning to avoid distortion on low detail (@VerMishelb Bug).
- Galaxy: Top-right HUD is now colorized according to text color (@Davoid Bug).
- Compare screen: now includes “special weapons used” (@Davoid Idea)
- Fixed crash when starting exceedingly long itineraries.
- [Server-side v19.3] Fixed “surrended” -> “surrendered” typo (@Davoid Bug).
- [Server-side v19.3] Fixed squadrons lingering in list after being ignored or deleted (@EmeraldPlay Bug)
- [Server-side v19.3] Fixed “new contact” typo to “new squadron” (@VerMishelb Bug)
- Hardened server against network traffic corruption.
- Proper squadron invitation messages are now sent out (@VerMishelb Bug) .
- Fixed wrong tiling in CI4 starfield texture (@VerMishelb Bug).
- Color theme screen: Current selections are now visible (white outline).
- Fixed dark UI text despite selecting a light text color in the theme (@therizinosaurphase Bug)
- Fixed in-game speech bubble texture & colorization.
- Rankings screen: Fixed crash when pressing buttons before rankings have been loaded from server (@VerMishelb Bug).
- [Server-side] Required memory for each non-logged-in user is now 328 times less (don’t ask).
- Mission information UI: Fixed “Duration” bar length to be relative to maximum possible mission length.
- Mission information UI: “Difficulty” bar length is now relative to 100% difficulty.
- Can now add comments to favourite missions.
- Added recent missions and mission to-do list.
- Deleted users that haven’t logged in in the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime.
- [Server-side v20.2] Fixed race condition crash between logging out & checking for new messages.
- v.21: Fixed non-existent delay between waves (@isp Bug)
You are reminded that during Early Access you are responsible for backing up your own progress. Make a copy of everything under
C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU (including all sub-folders).