Early Access version 117.2

EVERYONE uses Absolver in EVERY SINGLE WAVE. Keep that in mind.

1 Like

Hey, I’ve tried translating the new Pot Luck text for Romanian. But my translation apparently doesn’t get through, and it looks like I have to approve my own translation, and even then it doesn’t take effect for my own game.

@InterAction_studios

Apparently some other translations are botched right now. At least for me:

Some of my translations are there, others are from other people. Even though I made sure to polish some translations and translate stuff for myself in case it doesn’t reach other people.
Or this thing happens:

No
In each waves (except Bosses) only drop ONE firepowers (or some waves don’t drop any firepower). So everything you said that is futile

Ok ok, you right!

About Pot Luck balancing in harder levels, I’ve seen that:
Pot Luck on Normal and Hard difficulties currently gives you less usable items
(Special Weapons + Auto Use), while at the same time increasing the levels’ difficulty.

This makes the levels themselves feel more frustrating than it is hard, as not having enough items to use in dealing with levels in a gamemode that’s all about proper item usage sounds pretty frustrating.

As someone who thought of the idea and basically brought it to life, I think that we should have more items to use (mainly Special Weapons and/or Auto Use) in the Normal and Hard variants of the challenge, so players could have more tools at their disposal to beat the early levels other than their 0 firepower weapon, and in the later levels, after using these items they should have enough firepower (provided by Chickens or via Charity once a next level starts) to help them go through the remaining ones.

This also makes it more of a case of if you use the items given to you wisely, you’ll be able to beat the challenge, more than just simply giving you more firepower and expect you to go through all levels with just that - which reduces the potential possibilities of this new Daily Mission type.

So, since the new Party Chicken boss could do its 360 attack outside of its intro segment, I feel like its not as difficult as it seems. I know the charging animation was removed to make it “harder”, but you can still prepare yourself when it stops in place. More often than not, when it stops, it will shoot its 360 attack, which is easy to dodge. To make it more of a challenge, I suggest that while the boss is moving around, it has a chance to fire its 360 attack, outside of its usual stopping motion. This’ll make it more unpredictable, making the boss harder by proxy.

The poll below will close two days from now. This is my first poll, so I’ll make it automatic next time.

• Let the Boss fire the 360 attack while moving.
  • Retain the current movesets (fire the 360 attack when it stops).

0 voters

new font too? i like it but there should be an option in flat or normal text.

1 Like

How about an option to have the text like it used to be, or have a shadow above (current version of the text) or under?

Maybe even an option to adjust that shadow between 0% and 100% (0% = No shadow, 100% = Shadow currently used on the text)?

Well, I thought of something. If squadron assignments can be re-flown, then they could be re-assigned as assignments to your own squadrons (normally you are not allowed to re-assign one of your received assignments).

I don’t think this can cause an infinite cycle, because you can’t assign the same mission twice. But it’s something to think about.

Virtuosity is calculated dynamically and changes every week, so I can’t do that.

This has been planned since v.1, but there are so many other ways to avoid death that I never implemented it. I guess it could be put in if people strongly want it Update: But I guess they don’t?

I guess. Changed in v.118

Be glad I didn’t name it “Icosa-power!”, which was the initial intention.

Sure. It looks like the name might be changed anyway.

Apart from the logistical issues with this, 5 minutes are not going to be enough (If you’re playing a weekly, then even an hour might not be enough). But I’ll give it some thought.

I don’t think it’s worth the extra texture just for that.

The problem is, currently most tracks don’t have a title. And I’m not convinced naming them all would be such a good idea.

You mean the Enemy Health HUD? Too cluttered.

And which part of its anatomy is this snowball going to appear from? :smirk:

Because they would complicate my implementation.

Starting power is random between 0-5. But today it seems you got hit by a harsh randomizer.
Anyway, the whole point is to survive, even with low firepower. Use your specials up front if you need to, until your firepower improves.

Yes

All medals function as expected, so yes.

Well, it’s about coming up with an optimal strategy given what you have. If you don’t use something, more power to you. I don’t see that as a problem.

No.

Well, that could be applied more generally to any once-only mission. But it’s going to be a pain to retrofit it (expect many bugs), so let’s make sure people want it first.

I could potentially replace all/some gift drops with atom drops. It would probably make things (a lot) easier, though. Poll.

Then players would switch weapons at the first opportunity, which defeats the point of the mission.

Inbox messages are not dynamically re-translated. You’ll have to wait until tomorrow for a fresh message.

Are you logged in with the same account as the one you used when entering your translations?

It’s actually completely random at this point. Difficulty does not factor into it.

The embossing happens at load time, so even if there were such an option, you’d have to restart the game to take effect, which would be ugh.

9 Likes

To me, using the current string name they have (as seen in the store) will suffice.

Regarding changes to Pot Luck, I will wait until at least 2 more days have been generated. Everything is randomizer-based, so it’s possible that today you were dealt a bad/more difficult hand. Let’s collect more samples first.

3 Likes

Okay , it’s on to you. Because some assignments are very fun , i want to save it , without going to that coordinates ( Chicken Invasion ) , however , Retro missions are some danger , people can do it without traveling into Wormholes , so i suggest about removing it from played & saved again.

Yes, always same account. And when the previous updates happened, I translated them all, and had no issues. They all appeared right after I translated. Idk why is not doing the same with this update.

I’ll restart the game every now and then and see if anything changes.

A small suggestion about photo mode during spacecraft customization:
Although you can stop the automatic tilting of the ship by selecting an angle for it, you can’t stop the ship from panning left and right.

Maybe a separate panning angle option could be added as well.

1 Like

Check the poll, 52% want it (including my vote lol)

IA most of the time don’t accept poll results which are very close to each other especially this one.

1 Like

Let’s give it more time so more people vote before being denied or added.

Upon restart, I had to translate again the Pot Luck part, dunno why. But this time it stays translated.
The only thing that doesn’t change is this over here:

And same for other notifications. Everything else is okay now. I’ll come up with an update if it does indeed appear translated or not in the end.

Ok so
Seem like this is too hard for mostly everyone who play Pot Luck mission. Though some guys won’t get used to overheating faster (yes, we’re playing like a “newbie”, and some people weren’t get used to that), how do think about changing the heat sink we using?

Which way you want to change about the Heat Sink that we will use in next times?
  • Randomize Heat Sink for us in each times (and also in each difficult)
  • Change Copper Heat Sink to Cubic Boron Arsenide Heat Sink
  • Keep Copper Heat Sink at the moment
0 voters

Though any ways have been choosen, but can iA add an in4 about the heat sink before the player fly a Pot Luck mission? Add that in4 to let the player know about the overheat (faster or slower) before playing and calculate their way for the mission

this is what happen after i create a long name and won (or something) in KO match (1st match)