Early Access version 117.2

:neutral_face:

1 Like

Uh… satellites are already in the challenge.

also there is 2 polls of mine you should check.

So, is it enough votes?
2022-08-14_22-56-45
Early Access version 117.2 - #207 by kokokokos

3 Likes

That second poll doesn’t even show the results though. How does IA decide on what to do if he can’t even see the results?

it does for me?

I don’t understand why people want this but whatever i guess.

People would need these kinds of challenges to be a place they can train the skills from, or probably try doing something newer and harder.

Besides, I recommend you to respect publicity opinions since they have point of views on this.

1 Like

I do respect their choice but i also have my own opinion, which is, it doesn’t look interesting to me but if you people want it then sure.

These equipment aren’t involved to anything in a mission. Especially is hardpoint, it’s just an item used to decorate our spaceship during the mission. So they aren’t necessary.

in Pot Luck missione it maybe be better that the spacecraft shoud be one of yours?! or not…I mean I have 30+ how about pick one of them randomlly!

All everyone will use a same spaceship in Pot Luck

Remove or disable any booster item if using Absolver Beam in Pot Luck mission.

2 Likes

Actually having more is better than not in this case.
It opens more opportunities for new strategies and tactics in the challenge.
With it, it is possible to risk losing points on medals for not using something and have the possibility of actually beating someone who didn’t lose said medals, which is just so exciting to see.

It’s far more interesting when a challenge has multiple ways of winning, there shouldn’t be just 1 meta, as designing new strategies on the fly and actually winning with it is what makes it both fun and challenging.

Plus:
The challenge is both meant to give competitive users a new challenge to play on, while also being a playground for new users to mess around with the items they otherwise would never try in fear of wasting their keys on something they might not need. (we all have our own item preferences)
Having less items to actually try out just doesn’t make it fun for newbies + reduces the potential strategies some could think of when flying these missions.

Overall I don’t think we should have just enough items to win Pot Lucks.
We should have more items so more unique strategies can be made in the fly, thus increasing its potential competition, while also giving newbies more things to mess around with whenever these challenge happens to pop up (I mean they only appear with a 20% probability after this).

As for the balancing of this general idea … Now that I know how the generator sorta works and readjusted what I think to IA is easy vs hard to add in … that’s coming soon.

Well it does now. Wasn’t the case before.

I am taking a guess and say it was a discourse timezone glitch were I was foward than the time of closing but you were before it.

No; you always get the best reactor, engines make no difference to missions, and hardpoints are cosmetic.

Shared

This is just a sideways cosmetic change. Maybe I’ll create a new type of explosion for a future new boss, but not right now.

I’m against this change because you should be able to survive with whatever you are given. Don’t forget that there’ll also be an upcoming challenge in which you start off with nothing mounted.

Yes, it’ll be added over the next few days. Although, I’ll need to solve the starting firepower issue – :zap:0 is not going to be enough for the intermediate/hard varieties, so maybe it will need to start at some non-zero value depending on difficulty.

Inconsequential.

Not necessarily. Each challenge could have its own single optimal strategy, and it’s up to each player to discover it. The optimal strategy changes from challenge to challenge – that’s what keeps it fresh.

6 Likes

I wonder if its possible to apply random prefits to a Galactic Cup, to make it less biased to those who use consumables. It’d truly show skill by using what you have over a “endurance” run.

1 Like

1 fp minimum for intermediate, and 2 fp minimum for hard?

“Tribute” from CI5 wave, can make a Fester (UFO Cyan Alien) appear from either side of screen? @InterAction_studios

I don’t know if this applies to all bosses that have a big zoom-out, but when fighting the egg cannon, atoms and gifts can be collected from a distance