Early Access version 115

Can the removed bottom danger zone in “Visitors from another dimenstion” be restored? I have seen few portals comes from bottom but at specifc spots

Edit: Regarding the music slots, I have an issue here.

I hear the CI3 Music 1 alot more than the other 2, is it a bug or the thing is randomized?
if it is randomzied I suggested they play in correct orders according to their arrangement.
(Ex: The CI4 music 2 plays in stage 1, The CI3 music 1 plays in stage 2, and the CI5 music 3 plays in the third stage and so on (according to my picture)).

I don’t see any necessity for safe zone in “Bullet Rain” wave, since the whole screen gets covered with bullets from Festers. So, could it get removed? I mean, “Chicken Highway” and “Ribbit!” waves are the waves that get covered with bullets, but these don’t have safe zone at the bottom.

Also, this may be not worth implementing, but could a chicken come out of the armored ship once it gets destroyed (that shoots 3 cyan bullets in the form of a triangle), just like how a chick comes out from gatling and laser gun, once the gatling and laser gun are destroyed?

2 Likes

Better show screenshots though. It’s not like they come directly from the bottom center.

Added to known bugs list.

There are two such options in the galaxy’s ‘hamburger’ menu.

I’ve made moved the existing 3 areas to better positions instead. Changed in v.116 :medal_sports: Idea

It’s the randomizer

You mean cycle through the music tracks? Possible, but poll needed.

The safe zone is that you’re not hit by barriers, not for the Fester bullets.

I have a feeling Armoured chickens are hard enough as it is, but if a poll shows strong support, it can be done.

7 Likes

Got it.

Yeah music changes each stage, like the music put in the first slot plays in the first stage, and the music placed in the second slot plays in the second stage and so on.

Alright.

Do you want music to cycle each stage? (1st slot → 1st stage, 2nd slot → 2nd stage, etc)
  • Yes.
  • No.
0 voters
1 Like

Ignore the previous poll, I made a mistake in it, and since I can’t edit the poll after 5 mins, I’ve removed it, here’s the fixed one:

Should Armored Chickens have a chicken coming out after the armored ship is destroyed (like exactly the same happening with Chick Gatling and Laser Guns)?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

2 Likes

i will still never understand how a chick manages to eject from a gatling gun or lasergun when it explodes

totally won’t get caught in the blast whatsoever

5 Likes

Well the same thing applies to UFOs so. so Why doesn’t this do the same?

3 Likes

so 1 suggestion and 1 thing that I found interesting so.

1. Can the mother-hen ship (CI4 one) become an omelette sliding on the screen once destroyed? I find it weird because the yolk star and CI3 motherhenship there do the same.

2. Regarding the third attack (Charge of the iron chef) the charge contains a gap in the middle which means that the player might stay under the boss to avoid the charge simply, I dunno if it sounds important but eh.

I don’t see the issue here.

1 Like

Can fire and snowballs be destroyed?
Fireballs: Cannot be burned but can be destroyed by explosives and Absolver Beam
Snowballs: It can be burned (It should melt) by Barbequer and explosives.
Multiplayer:

Can it use your cuisines instead of the host’s? Is it a bug?

the charge is spreading fruits around, in the middle of this charge there is gap which if you stay exactly under the boss you will be able to avoid this charge.

it’s the intended easy method to dodge the attack. it was even mentioned in the chicken invaders 4 manual

6 Likes

crab v2.0’s first forcefield on double team is ineffective against every ship in the game (even a default bx-9) if you stick to the bottom of the screen

the second forcefield as well as the later ones are much harder, only some of the VFs with riddler can do this

with 3 repulsors this extends to all legendary ships except for bx-9

15 Likes

Yep. You’re just dodging projectiles like any other. So, what is the issue?

1 Like

it’s not like we dodge in the same place. I mean using that “middle gap” thing is the same way of dodging unlike the ordinary way of dodging.

It seems that CIU got rated in Steam Deck verification program a while ago which I missed. (also chicken invaders 3 and 5, both the same as CIU)

So overall it works great, but it doesn’t show steam deck icons and doesn’t automatically bring the screen keyboard. Don’t know how you can make it better but here are the guidelines if you want: Steam Deck Compatibility Review Process (Steamworks Documentation)

2 Likes

From modding point of view I can say that fonts in CIU are ttf files, so they are like a collection of vector images that can be scaled to any size. Usually you see fonts like this in most modern applications (Browsers, OSes, games and so on).
In episodes, however, fonts are raster images atlas made of necessary letters. This allowed episodes to utilise any kind of shading, glow, outline, because they are just images. This, however, comes with inability to use unknown characters (you can’t type in any language in chat), scaling artefacts and way bigger storage consumption in comparison with ttf fonts. So for CIU to be able to display fonts the same way as CI4 or CI2, there should be an extended gradient colouring, outline and shadow, and it’ll still look a bit off in the end.

7 Likes

Hmm… I guess. Added to v.116 :medal_sports: Idea.

Intended.

Both fireballs and snowballs are “bullets”, so they are subject to exactly the same rules as all other enemy bullets.

For technical reasons, Droids ignore your mounted cuisines and just use a random cuisine.

That’s because the screen is slightly zoomed out in Double Team. I could make the forcefield larger, but it would technically make the regular boss fight harder.

From this report it seems that Steam Deck functions as a keyboard rather than as a gamepad (at least to applications that aren’t specifically targetting its SDK). If the game thought that a gamepad was being used, half these problems would disappear.

As @VerMishelb very correctly points out, the episode fonts are using a very different technical implementation than CIU, which generally makes them incompatible. Not to mention that some of these fonts only have Latin characters, which is a huge problem.

8 Likes