Death effects for the player

Let’s say the player gets killed by an egg, it would be nice to have different death effects other than the normal explosion, here are some ideas of death effects I have in mind:

Below the player’s ship is placed a small black hole that sucks them in
The player’s ship turns low quality and explodes into small bits
The player’s ship turns into dust (like the marvel endgame movie)
The player’s ship loses power and drops off screen
The player’s ship gets squashed by a burger
The player’s ship gets covered in egg yolk (Eggs small enough in size to not throw off the other players into thinking its an actual egg)
The player’s ship gets covered in toilet paper (like the prank where you throw toilet paper over a house)

However one thing I’ve considered is that the animations have to be short enough to not interfere with gameplay or delay deaths in any way shape or form. One thing I’ve came up with is whenever the player equips the usable “speedy recovery” the death animations are disabled, really sped up or they just stay there until the animation is finished (which can cause a lot of problems like eggs going underneath and causing the player to die yet again)

Another thing I’ve thought about is a button in the settings that disables death effects in multiplayer missions so they don’t get in the way of other players

Credits to @TrophyHunter for this idea:

“How about something loony toons like when the egg hits the ship it splat, and a sign appear with “boom?” and then it explodes. It has enough time for the new ship to arrive to minus if you have speedy recovery with you”

And I would like to add something to that if that is alright with you (please say if you want me to remove anything you feel like shouldn’t be here)

What I understood from this is instead of changing the animation, we can change the effect instead and add special SFX to them, like for example:

a comic effect that changes the explosion into a “Boom” text and possibly change the SFX to match it

11 Likes

add ci1 death text

d’oh!
oops!
ouch!
that was smooth. not.

11 Likes

I thought of a thought like this, but I felt that the thought would fail, but I would like to suggest something like this, and it is that all enemies will cast some fire rockets in celebration of their victory

2 Likes

Simple but depends on if its worth adding

1 Like

I think those are many different actions that a… Simple egg, can do. The idea is cool but, it would be too weird for a singular egg to summon a wormhole after hitting the player.

8 Likes

You are correct and i wont disagree with you but those are just ideas i had in mind. they dont have to be the ones i listed : )

Thanks for the feedback tho <3

2 Likes

Welcome, but yeah i’d LOVE to see more death animation things but only if they were triggered by X thing that happens, like the one that caught my attention is the one that makes the ship turns into dust, it should be triggered if the player gets hit by like the beams the droids shoot or the retro invaders’ projectiles.

Like, each animation with what fits :thinking:

1 Like

Yes, we were bored of this explosion, and also this idea made me remember his old game, and she is bomber man
and i don’tknow his name very well, but more effects of death in her are well for his purpose, but the problem will be in his own fees, and welcome, my friend @Synomet

5 Likes

hmm
how about this: the player’s ship gets melted

5 Likes

Let’s make it more realistic. Every death effect will have a different situation
Melted when you touch phonex beerd
Freeze when you touch chillier beerd
Below the player’s ship is placed a small black hole that sucks them when you get hit in retro level

4 Likes

How about something loony toons like when the egg hits the ship it splat, and a sign appear with “boom?” and then it explodes. It has enough time for the new ship to arrive to minus if you have speedy recovery with you

3 Likes

If you people keep saying ideas I’ll help out this topic animating them :slight_smile:

1 Like

If i have free time to do so of course

1 Like

Go hard man sounds like an awesome way to make it fun, if you tine to do so

2 Likes

I like that idea. But tbh i didnt include that idea because I at least want a sense of realism with the loony toons one, but it is fine if Boom text was its own thing

1 Like

make them bonk you

1 Like

Id like to apologize for not being able to reply since im limited to replies but thanks for all the ideas and being positive i really appreciate that <3

Im always reading the comments even if i dont reply. Please keep up the positivity

1 Like

My only complaint is this. Why not just make it optional in all missions rather than only allowing the user to disable it in multiplayer ones?

1 Like

It doesn’t have to be multiplayer only, they can make it so it disables effects anywhere

What a cool idea!

1 Like