Dear Fandom Users,

Hello everyone,

I’m writing to you today to discuss the future of the Chicken Invaders Universe wiki. As you know, the wiki is currently hosted on Fandom, but I believe that it would be in our best interest to move it to GameWiki.

Fandom is a great platform for wikis, but it has a number of drawbacks. For example, Fandom is very ad-heavy, which can make it difficult to read the wiki. Additionally, Fandom has been known to make changes to the wiki’s code that break existing pages.

GameWiki is a newer and more independent wiki platform. It is not as ad-heavy as Fandom, and it has a number of features that are specifically designed for game wikis. For example, GameWiki has a built-in forum and a way to track user contributions.

I believe that moving the Chicken Invaders Universe wiki to GameWiki would be a great way to improve the wiki. It would make it easier to read and use, and it would give us access to a larger user base.

I would like to ask for your support in this proposal. If you agree that we should move the wiki to GameWiki, please let me know in the comments below.

2 Likes

what is this “gamewiki” thing you’re talking about, nothing came up in my google search results that’s close to what you described

1 Like

then try moving it yourself

fandom sucks and i wouldnt be opposed to using something else, but no one cares about editing the wiki so it wouldnt be feasible

5 Likes

Other than this, people would need to actually be willing to contribute to the wiki. No one’s really interested in that as-is, now imagine having to move the entire wiki to a different site and thus having to readd every single thing that was added to the current wiki. Well if the op could find someone who wants to do that(or if they themselves will), then sure

Thank you Lunarian very cool way of repelling a user

1 Like

How about nu?
Me imagining UCO5 as the villian

how nice of you :).

Honestly, like NO ONE is active on the wiki. Unless there’s a major weapon revamp like what happened to the Laser Cannon (Which is my favorite weapon BTW), the changes aren’t usually addressed in the wiki until someone either makes a post here, or it strikes someone to change it for the good of themselves and whoever they think will benefit amongst the CIU community. So I suggest we just leave the wiki as is and let the people who edit it continue editing it as they wish.
Happy chicken annihilating y’all.

If the maintainers of the wiki don’t have any issue then I’d just copy the texts to the new wiki and it can function as a mirror. I have some trivia about certain bosses from IA that I would add if only CI wiki was open for editing without account. Don’t want to make account just for that.

there were issues in the past with random IP addresses messing up pages or making low quality edits so accounts are required

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.