Customizable Satellite Slots

This idea was inspired from this post and this post too.
Basically the allowance to customize your satellite slots’ positions. It’ll be available at image

Example:

After clicking “Satellite slots” button it’ll take you to a screen similar to loadout screen of your current spacecraft, like I selected the M400 so the screen should be like this:

• Please note that:

1. The stuff that has :x: on them means that they should be removed from the screen.
    2. The :ballot_box_with_check: slots means that these are the current ones that you are using. Click on it to disable it and enabled it on another slot.
    3. The slot that is on-top should replace the “Weapon” slot position.
    4. The slots at the very left and right can’t be used unless the slots besides them are used. They will have a :x: on them and when you click on them a message says: image
    5. Each slot change will cost image you can change it if you think it’s too expensive/cheap.

If you used all satellite slots of a spacecraft model then clicked on a empty slot a message will appear saying: image

Now let’s say I used these 2 slots for example:

The ship will look like image Sorry for terrible example.

If you wish to, you can also add the satellite type while customizing the slots instead of going back to loadout:

I’m going to show all the satellites slots positions that I suggest to be added if this idea has been accepted, I’ll include all spacecrafts types to avoid confusion, but I won’t show any loadout screen examples to save effort and time, I’ll show it on the spacecraft while flying a mission instead. Okay let’s start:

V1:

H&C 101 & 201:

H&C 301:

M400:

M404 & 408:

BX-6:

BX-7:

BX-8:

BX-9:

I know the version above looks like “everything is available” which reduces the other spacecrafts’ value, so I added a 2nd version below that doesn’t include all slots options to all types all spacecrafts, so “the better spacecraft you have to more available slots you can customize” will be in the next version below:

V2:

H&C 101:

It won’t have any because it’s a starter ship. However image button could be locked/grayed and a message could appear saying “Satellite slots can’t be customizable at this spacecraft type. Please buy another type.”.

H&C 201:

H&C 301:

M400:

M404:

M408:

BX-6:

BX-7:

BX-8:

BX-9:

As you can see I removed some slots from most spacecrafts to make it more fitting for their type, the final types are the same though which are H&C 301, M408 and BX-9.

Also Imma say it again just to avoid more confusion again:

1. The green icons means the current satellite slots that you are using.
  2. The red slots are the ones that are not used.
  3. The slots with :x: aren’t disables, it’s just that you need to use the slots next to them to link/unlock the satellites so you don’t look like you’re holding a satellite with magic.
Anyway which version is better:
  • V1
  • V2

0 voters

If the front facing satellite is “only for Bombers” or smth like that and you want it to be removed I have no problem at all, this whole topic was inspired by “M404 & M408 have many satellites but aren’t focused like BX-9’s satellite slots”.

So do you agree to keep front satellite on types other than Bombers:
  • Yes, why not.
  • No.

0 voters

So yeah… that it I guess, if I remember anything I will post a EDIT 1:, EDIT 2: at the end of this topic, and will update it will another post to make sure you guys noticed it.

I hope you guys liked my idea as it took ma a lot of work, time and effort. Enjoy :slight_smile:

I will answer your questions tomorrow

EDIT 1: Added a poll for your opinion of the idea:

What do you think about this idea:
  • It’s good, I like it
  • It’s a bad idea(please explain why?)

0 voters

4 Likes

that’s a bad iddea

You’re not really helpful. How about explaining why it’s a bad idea?

1 Like

This is a pretty solid idea, you even took into account regarding what messages to show in certain scenarios.

As for the satellitle positioning, I’d take:
V2 H&C 101
V1 H&C 201
V1 H&C 301
V1 M400
V1 M404
V1 M408
V1 BX6
V2 BX7
V1 BX8

I guess you could try improving your photoshopping and editing skills as they look quite unpolished. Overall 7/10

1 Like

Okay… you could’ve polled it instead.

Thanks, glad you liked it :wink:

Good choice. Wow I thought you guys would love V2 more because of “not everything is available” but okay as you wish, lol.

Yeah, and H&C 301, M408 and BX-9 are the same at both versions because they are final ships, I said that at OP too:

I used to do photoshop but now I rarky do it(I should’ve asked Darth again, lol) but I’ll take your advice and improve my skills, thanks.

I’m fine with it, at least I passed, lol.

1 Like

I don’t support this idea, this is really a bad idea

2 Likes

Sigh I’ll poll then, but can you at least explain why?

To vote go to OP.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.