CIU version 145

MAIN CHANGES

This is a minor maintenance release, however it does include a noteworthy quality-of-life feature: Upon first startup, your system language will be detected, and if there is a complete or near-complete game translation available for that language, it will automatically be used (of course, you can still set your language manually through the Options → Language menu). Furthermore, the most up-to-date translation for your language will be automatically downloaded each time you connect to the server.

Social network icons have also been added to the main menu so you can watch daily competitive and highlight videos.

Bug/Idea medals will be awarded later in the day. Note that your medal cannot be awarded if your in-game callsign doesn’t match your forum name (put it in your forum profile where it says “name” so I can find it).

COMPATIBILITY

You will lose:

• any mid-mission progress
  • your language selection
  • your seasonal content setting

CHANGELOG

:new: New features – :bulb: Tweaks – :bug: Bug fixes – :gear: Internal changes

• :gear: Deleted users who haven’t logged in during the past week and have less than 10 minutes of playtime, and also users who haven’t logged in during the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime, and also users who haven’t logged in during the last 12 months and haven’t set an e-mail. Note that users with any purchase are never deleted.

• :gear: Windows: Created files now include “Full Control” access to “Everyone” group.

• :bug: “Pulsating Grid” wave: Enemies now spawn further outside screen (previously, Balloon Chickens were visibly spawning) (@kAPET )

• :gear: Logo: Made “Universe” subtitle more readable.

• :bulb: Main menu: Renamed “Save the World” to “Play” for new players (specifically, unused guest accounts) always. Button also pulses (for new players only).

• :bulb: Moved “Accounts” and “Language” buttons from Main to Options menu.

• :gear: Language is now auto-detected. Translations with >90% completion now come pre-packaged with the game.

• :bulb: Customization: Colors used elsewhere in currently customized theme/spacecraft/hardpoint now appear at the top of color swatch list (@Star_Light @PlasmaX :medal_sports: Idea)

• :gear: Updated phrase translations (if any) for the current language are now downloaded upon each login.

• :bulb: Made spacecraft porthole consistently opaque across all UI icons (@Star_Light :medal_sports: Idea)

• :gear: Android: “Letterbox” is now disabled by default.

• :bug: Fixed keyboard/joypad navigation during in-mission pause menu (@taxter789 @RainbowBoyVN :medal_sports: Bug)

• :gear: Burgermeister 3000 boss: eyes no longer count as boss enemies.

• :bulb: “Binary Stream/Scream” wave: Now speeds up with difficulty (@DePeeper :medal_sports: Bug)

• :gear: Videos: Music is no longer overridden when recording videos (@Knightcap :medal_sports: Idea)

• :gear: Joining multiplayer players no longer have “worthy” recordings.

• :gear: Videos: Final scores (after adjustments) are now used when determining the winner (@Knightcap :medal_sports: Bug)

• :bulb: “Yolk-Star” and CI2 “Mother-Hen Ship” boss: Minion enemy spawning RNG is now repeatable (@Knightcap :medal_sports: Idea)

• :gear: Android: Tweaked activity lifecycle to (try to) fix ANRs (removed CountDownLatch; superclass implementations for onPause() and onStop() are now called last).

• :gear: Android: Application.mk now uses APP_STL := c++_static again.

• :gear: Android: Re-added breakpad to armv8 build (again).

• :bug: Compare screen: Spacecraft names no longer spill outside screen (@2sN :medal_sports: Bug)

v.145.2

• :gear: Browsing to URLs no longer terminates game (exceptions: initiating a PayPal purchase; downloading game update).

• :bulb: Social network icons now use color theme.

v.145.3 (server-side only)

• :gear: Videos: Space Race is now recorded.

• :gear: Videos: Worthiness is now penalized depending on day cycle and wave class.

v.145.3b (server-side only)

• :gear: Videos: Worthiness is now penalized depending on day cycle and wave class (harsher penalization).
26 Likes

First reply.

1 Like

even lose focus i can use keyboard to do the thing in game?

is it normal that mods does not work in the new version? I used the “.standard.backup” file and renamed it to “.standard” seemed to given me this error

the file in backup nmay not have full textures or everything on new version so a crash would occurs
the screen show “not found the social icon”

standard backup it’s a original mods oldest versions try reinstall mods IAMI not backup.

You’re using the older version of archive file, which lacked textures for the game to load. Reinstall the game then install the mod to the latest archive.

3 Likes

Huh… it doesn’t work for me. As soon as focus is lost, keyboard stops working.

I don’t do anything special with the keyboard, I just ask Windows for the state of various keys using regular Win32 calls. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

About the NAT: I’ve yet to get home but that explains everything. The house is new, the provider is very small. The one I used before was a huge one and they are also pushing ipv6, so if they use v6 internally they probably don’t even need a NAT — the available addresses won’t run out. I’ll just wait until the old provider comes to the new house.

do you have any solution to this problem?
it has been annoyed me for like since v144

i found the problem
turn off the plugin i installed will fix the problem

What does it means ?

and

if you have problem downloading standalone version from ia server, here is the link
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-OE6c0EEUTiRoGNDvubxcjfXCbvcx430

Internal change related to video generation. At least that’s what was assumed before.

Previously, UFOs spawned by the Yolk-Star™ could’ve thrown the RNG out of sync which might’ve caused different drops for different people in the same mission. Now it’s not happening.

3 Likes

Look at my report:

1 Like

I’ve just checked the old router (that gives me port-restricted cone) and I also have different IPs in the router and on the website, which means that there’s a NAT, from what I conclude that the new provider cheaped out somewhere and decided to block all the ports, maybe? No idea.

1 Like

Well, the CGNAT also has a type (Full cone, Restricted cone, Port-restricted cone, or Symmetric). The overall type will be the most restrictive of the two (although there might be combinations that might make the overall type even worse than the individual types – I don’t know for certain).

My guess is that your “old” CGNAT is either Full cone or Restricted cone, so provided your own NAT is configured correctly things work, but your “new” CGNAT is Symmetric, so it won’t work no matter what you do.

11 Likes

i’m still curious if dedicated multiplayer servers are viable or not

i pretty much doubt that, since CIU is still very small and dedicated mp servers would need to be spread out across regions which will take a lot of money to host compared to the few main game servers

@InterAction_studios When would CI2U, CI3U, CI4U and CI5U DLC be released?

6 Likes