CIU version 134

MAIN CHANGES

Easter content!

But really, this is otherwise a very minor update necessitated by some technical changes in the iOS version. Speaking of the iOS version, the first official build will be submitted to Apple later today. If everything goes well, it should be approved within the next few days!

Bug/Idea medals will be awarded later in the day. Note that your medal cannot be awarded if your in-game callsign doesn’t match your forum name (put it in your forum profile where it says “name” so I can find it).

COMPATIBILITY

You will lose:

• any mid-mission progress
  • your language selection

CHANGELOG

:new: New features – :bulb: Tweaks – :bug: Bug fixes – :gear: Internal changes

• :gear: Deleted users who haven’t logged in during the past week and have less than 10 minutes of playtime, and also users who haven’t logged in during the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime, and also users who haven’t logged in during the last 12 months and haven’t set an e-mail. Note that users with any purchase are never deleted.

• :bug: Fixed initial heading of spawned food (heading was incorrectly derived from speed rather than being an independent variable)

• :bug: Searching no longer returns players without callsigns when searched via “public ID” (@iIfireIi :medal_sports: Bug)

• :new: Added Easter Edition content.

• :gear: Windows: Added detection for when game is running under Wine.

• :gear: Galactic Store: There is now a hard limit of 500 owned instances of each type of equipment (@iIfireIi @Sammarald :medal_sports: Idea)

• :bug: v.133.2 (iOS only): URL buttons now work.

• :bug: v.133.2 (iOS only): App now correctly supports iPhone 7/8 16:9 resolutions (i.e., added 640x1136 launch image).

• :bulb: v.133.2 (iOS only): Prevented equipment slots from being dragged while they’re locked (disabled) or empty. This allows user to swipe down Mission Config screen more easily.

• :bulb: v.133.2 (iOS only): “Home indicator” is now handled via preferredScreenEdgesDeferringSystemGestures rather than prefersHomeIndicatorAutoHidden. This requires user to “double-swipe” to get back to home screen (which makes accidental use harder).

• :gear: v.133.2 (iOS only): Replaced ad banner in galaxy screen with native nag banner.

• :bulb: v.133.2 (iOS only): Main menu: Moved buttons upward to avoid overlap with “home indicator” bar.

• :bulb: v.133.3 (iOS only): Text entry now uses native UITextField (like in Android). Allows proper text entry in Vietnamese and other complex IMEs.

• :bulb: v.133.3.1 (iOS only): Fixed issue with text entry being invisible (white on white) when “dark mode” was turned on.

• :bug: v.134 (iOS only): Audio layers are now properly reset when a successful purchase causes a disconnection/reconnection (previously, in such a case, the music would stop playing).

• :gear: v.134.1.1 (iOS only): Now using BASS v.2.4.17.5 (which might fix crashes inside BASS_ChannelSetAttribute previously caused in v.2.4.17.0)

• :bulb: v.134.2 (iOS only): Main menu → Accounts: Accounts can now be deleted even if they are the current account. A new guest account will be created if necessary.

• :gear: (v.134.2) Balancer can now drain a server.

19 Likes

There’s something weird about not having a yolk star in all the colors like in the CI3 Easter Edition

Uh…

This is a limit per individual equipment instances (that each gets their own separate entry in the UI). For equipment that stacks, there is no limit.

This limit was placed because the performance of sorting items in the UI is terrible (and eventually will cause you to time out of the server). But there is no problem if all units are stacked within one item.

4 Likes

Oh, ok. And I guess spacecraft count, right? If so, how many maximum can one player own at the same time?

How many are you allowing for each player, IA? 24k? 6k?..

Just curious, does the bunny model applies for regular chickens appear in CI4 Easter Edition only?

Since the regular chicken model is used for this Easter update instead. Still enjoying the game session nonetheless.

Currently it’s 500 per make&model, so 6000 total. (rarity doesn’t affect the make&model – it’s still considered to be the same)

But if any player ever has a legitimate need to buy more spacecraft, this limit will be raised to 1000.

I can’t replace the normal CIU chickens with bunnies because of how there are multiple breeds (faces) and they combine with different bodies. The episodes were simpler.

4 Likes

Understandable. :smile:

UFO Chicks is missing appearance in Easter Edition.

Also gatling

Okay, a very quick thing:

please reduce the brightness of the easter hud, it’s rather bright

And Android ?

I loved the new update but I miss the bunnies from ci4, I hope they can be added in the future or next year or so.

I’ve reduced it to 85%, but I doubt Easter content will remain for longer than the next update.

3 Likes

Appearance of Super-Chick boss in Easter Edition is Big Bunny Boss in CI3 Easter. It always has no damage sound, but the death sound is similar to the Super-Chick’s death sound. @InterAction_studios, can you remove its death sound? CIU Super-Chick in Easter Edition - YouTube

@InterAction_studios, now that the iOS version is almost there, what’s the fate of the Android port? Will it be temporarly taken down? Will you give it to a game provider?

It actually does have a sound, but it’s normally drowned out by all the other effects/music.

I’ll see if I can dig up something better. How does a bunny sound when it dies anyway? :thinking:

4 Likes

I’ll tackle that once iOS is out and stable.

For now, builds will continue to be provided on this forum. For the official release, it will jump to 64-bit only.

5 Likes

Squeaky toy?

1 Like

same as when a chicken dies in real world

1 Like