Chicken Invaders DOS Version Fanmade Remake

pretty sure i once pulled off a bigger necro than this

edit: nvm, that was only 8 months

edit2: can’t count, it was 7

When CI10 be in CI5 dx be finished 2022 done™.

6 Likes

It’s totally gonna release in 1997. We’re in December 24th, 1996th right now

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

hello?

2 Likes

After 2,3 years this topic was create now.

I think just abandone this topic until someone reply.

Surprise surprise, this topic is opened again lol

I requested reopening the thread due to making an upgraded version of this remake, but it’s not fully done yet. Check again later.

On a side note, I had to make 12 different builds just to test out the touchscreen controls and make sure they work properly. Now I feel like a real developer :v

10 Likes

Yay, CI on phones are backkkk
slightly

As promised a few hours ago, the update is out! I worked on this for a week or so, and that required asking InterAction studios many times about the accuracy of this fangame. Most of the stuff seen in the first version was reworked and resprited. The behavior of most things in this game is based on how they worked in CI1. Score, Lives, the intro and the wave intro text have been locked away to the new “Extra” button, since they weren’t present in the original.

Most importantly, as mentioned in the quote, you can play it in a browser, and also on mobile devices!

16 Likes

wow is a beginner’s guide made in soos enginee

but its now ci

Very good remake! So that’s why CI0 had a menu and Adventures of Mrs Piggly not. It’s just an extra. Now it’s time to make a remake that actually works on DOS…

Sometimes, when I touch eggs in this new version, they don’t kill me. It must be because of the hitbox, but, do hitboxes exist in UVE++? They don’t exist in UVE32.

1 Like

i think it’s a sprite-on-sprite collision with 1 frame of lag, so moving out of the egg after only one frame will not destroy the handgun

2 Likes

this was a very cool experience. The explosion sound scared me even more then the one in CI2 when i was a kid, which is why i give it the rating of CI2 Police Ship/Coward Chicken

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.