šŸ” Chicken Invaders 1 Remastered #11

The remastered version of the game is very amazing. But thereā€™re both thing that iā€™m pretty sure itā€™s somekind like placeholder:

1. May i ask: whatā€™s the purpose for this?

2. So does that means that there will be more special weapon aside missiles?

Netherless, itā€™s still amazing. Now all the Chicken Invaders games has been remastered.
Good Job! :+1:

Yes, that was also the issue of CI2.

this is not a 1920Ɨ1080 resolution
somehow it scaled to 4:3

if the picture is blurry, that is the
phone fault

but untick the letterbox it turn to original resolution

1 Like

wide (1920x1080 without letterbox)
also intended as description said

2 Likes

is it ok if i will backup all beta versions? the more this game gets updated? (cuz now it says beta 0.1)

also whatever you do, if you are gonna add languages (i guess not cuz its a remaster not a remake) but still, donā€™t add Hebrew

Thanks.

1 Like

Turn it off :man_shrugging:

No matter how far I move it, it will eventually overlap.

Iā€™m not doing anything with F7 (especially). It could be some other piece of software on your PC that uses that as a keyboard shortcut (perhaps doing video recording? that would explain the FPS drop)

Fixed

Fixed

Not here. It will eventually appear on interactionstudios.com

I donā€™t know. I imported the whole folder by accident, and they were there. Probably unused/superseded. Removed.

Code is the same. A had a quick look and this is an RNG issue. Borlandā€™s RNG will return positive numbers when passed negative ranges. Some more digging reveals that the % operator discards signs in Borland, but preserves them in Microsoftā€™s compiler. This is odd. I was under the impression that it was codified in the C standard. Maybe the compiler is too old, or non-compliant.

Anyway, wonā€™t fix.

Not any more. Changed.

By default, music keeps on playing throughout. You can turn off the ā€œIn-game musicā€ option.

Looks like youā€™ve changed the bindings yourself. If you press ā€œReset to defaultā€ on the previous screen, does the ā€œSpaceā€ return next to ā€œprimary fireā€?

With all the cheating going on? No.

Lives are now specified as ā€œx ???ā€ if you have more than 3. Iā€™ve left missiles as-is, because itā€™s much rarer for them to overlap.

This is not possible to change, as was explained in this series.

Fixed (although I donā€™t think switching between input methods mid-game is a common occurrence)

Indeed, the rendering was off-center (even in the original). Fixed.

Suprisingly, there were NO lights (!) in the original file. Iā€™ve added one and tried to match previous shades (itā€™s not perfect)

I donā€™t want to do opacity effects, but Iā€™ve changed the colour to make less conspicuous

I had a close look, but I canā€™t find anything wrong. Maybe just that, due to the 2x scaling up, the particles seem to be positioned slightly inaccurately. How does it compare against CI2? Do you think CI2 explosions look more/less correct?

The original was at 26.3 fps, this is at 25 fps. Iā€™ve changed it, but I doubt it would make such a significant impact.

Iā€™ve changed this (you still have to click at the ā€œpress fire to startā€ screen so that the game knows you want to use the mouse, however)

Thatā€™s your screenā€™s actual resolution. It has nothing to do with the aspect ratio of the game (which is indeed 4:3)

No. Nowadays thereā€™s more than enough horsepower.

Ah, right. The new text leaks. Fixed.

Click faster.

Fixed.

Physics should be exactly the same.

To enter your name in the highscores

Oversight. Fixed.

8 Likes

Uh, yes, forgot the software in tray after recording CIU hack result video, which I later showed in your DM. Thanks for pointing out lmao.

2 Likes

CI1 is not CIU

1 Like

you missed the joke

Also, the game doesnā€™t seem to lock your cursor into the window with windowed mode.

not necessarily need 60 fps menu. maybe lock them all at 25 or 30

Also, why a crosshair while using mouse? the other games donā€™t have it, so I hope thereā€™s an option to hide it as well

Iā€™ll try recording all 4 and post the result here.

Great Job!

Iā€™ve reached a fairly high score in CI1 Remastered
How about others?

Nice remake iA.

Does that mean the original 1999 version on the IA website will be phased out by the remastered version?