Auto Updater

Turned on, of course. It’s often handy.

Well, that may be the cause then. Especially after the Overlay was reworked and has more features.

yeah it is an hdd and don’t tell me to upgrade

yeah ik a lot of games uses launcher and the games that uses launchers is more than the games that is not using launchers what i meant is that there is still games that update automaticly without launchers and ik CIU might not have the funds to do that i was just suggesting that so it gets added if it can get added but if ia can’t make it it is ok

Upgrading hdd to ssd is considered one of the best PC upgrades that exist. Some would say the best especially given how cheap it is nowadays and the results are wonderful.

It’s exactly the other way around - games that use launchers are minority.

That is even way smaller number than games with launchers.

Anyway, IA could make downloadable patches (that you would need to install in correct order), but why bother with that.
250MB game isn’t that big in 2023. And given how rarely CIU updates now it shouldn’t be a problem to download it once a month. If it however is a problem then get CIU from Play Store or from Steam (though Steam will also have updates that can weigh a lot once in a while)

yeah ik in fact i am a tech savvy ik alot about pcs in general but i can’t upgrade because of personal reasons

what i meant by launchers is steam and epic games launcher etc… you say games using steam and other launchers is less than games that don’t

yeah ik it is a small amount of games that do that but i just thought it would be cool if ia did it and it will be easier to update

yeah, it is a small game only 250MB but after the seasonal themes for the game it got way bigger (still not even 1 GB) but i don’t think it matter if the game is big or small and i think the game update once a month or twice a month sometimes but if it will be hard to develop for ia or if i will take a of time or anything i think they shouldn’t make it tbh but if they can why not but one thing i want to know how will steam updates weight a lot once in a while

Edit: actually it got over 1 gb i just looked at it

These are not really launchers, these are stores. Launcher is like that thing that updates games like WoT or War Thunder (standalone versions), a small app with news, game settings and a single launch button with account selection.

The installer is compressed, you should check its size instead.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.