About the current state of spacecraft in the game

Yes and no and yes actually

My choice of Hypergun was due to the fact that it was an incredibly simple weapon to use. Though that doesn’t mean other weapons are good starters. Ion would be a good choice for a starter weapon too, but Boron has the complicated mechanic of heat to it that you have to master. Neutron is slow, you have to precalculate your shots. That leaves Photon, which has decent damage and isn’t too complicated, and Positron, which is also very intuitive. So if it’s a choice between three starters, I’d rather it be Ion/Photon/Hyper or Ion/Hyper/Positron.

4 Likes

I know in invasion anniversary and weapons training, ion blaster is the starter weapon

I’d like to change my mind:

If the idea gets approved, then Moron Railgun must be removed from the store forever, because no gift, no overdrive and you can’t even upgrade the weapon from the store.
This weapon really sucks and I have doubt, if players like. About their first missions, players can use Moron Railgun ONLY in their first missions.

If not, then Moron Railgun gift should be available and upgradeable in store. (Maybe overdrive too)

4 Likes

Upgradeable in store and overdrive, maybe. But I don’t see the point of the gift other than to irritate someone.

5 Likes

That is actually a change I’ve made to my spreadsheet. Plus a tweak (nerf) to strong projectile damage to balance it out, which kinda screws with my “can two-shot chickens at 33% difficulty” reasoning for the current damage values, but if enemies will eventually get their health formulas reworked like IA mentioned under the WBP excel post, then that’s probably not a big issue. Additional firerate seems more helpful overall than one-shotting capability in this case, at least from my testing.

I wouldn’t really consider Positron “intuitive” in its current form, and we don’t really know how it’d perform if we do decide to rework it. I think Lightning would fit better into a starter weapon role, as chaining is a more reliable mechanic. Photon’s homing is a bit of a double-edged sword, so I don’t think it’d be a great choice.

I wouldn’t consider leaving Moron without overdrive as a viable option, for reasons explained above. If it stays in the game and is to fulfil the role of a starter, it has to have it, even if its in a slightly nerfed form.

At this point I think all 3 suggestions proposed here (removing it and replacing it with Hyper, making it upgradeable up to :zap:3, or giving the player a selection of weapons to choose from after the tutorial) are pretty good. Personally, I’m leaning more towards replacement, but any of them would do the job.

7 Likes

Can’t we just rename moron and give it better stats? Keeping stuff for the weapon you see once for the whole account career sounds inefficient.

moron
romon

ramon railgun

Oh wow, that sounds like a great weapon idea. Now let me make a new weapon like moron with actually decent stats, and an overheat mechanic for spice… wait.

Yeah we’ll get hypergun. I meant to come up with some new mechanic for it.

Well, since the Millennium Hatchling was used by Hen Solo and is a reference to the Millennium Falcon whose weaponry was normally suited for a much larger warship, included two CEC AG-2G quad laser cannons with enhanced laser actuators, gas feeds that gave them maximum range and damage, and two Arakyd ST2 concussion missile tubes between the forward mandibles with a four-missile magazine each, the weapon should be renamed to Quad Laser Cannon, even because there’s already a Laser Cannon, so instead of the name being similar to “Boron”, it will be similar to “Laser Cannon”.

1 Like

where did you copy this from

From Wookieepedia.

1 Like

It’s always Wookiepedia isn’t it

1 Like

In fact, Moron should have overdrive. I mean, the Tutorial already has a level based on overdrive so…

3 Likes

bump police weewooweewoo

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

I’m going to spend the next couple of weeks looking into this, so I’ve opened the topic so you can post any developments since the summer.

Also, a little teaser:

64 Likes

holy damn
its been a while since new spacecraft got added

since BX family was added

1 Like