한국어 번역의 말투에 관해(About Korean Translation's Speech Tone, Korean-Speakers Only!)

안녕하세요! 이동준입니다. 제가 요즘 바빴는데, 다른 분이 저의 번역 오류를 고쳐 주기도 하고, 또 말투 등도 바꾸어 주시고, 새 번역을 추가해 주셨습니다. 번역해 주신 분께 감사의 말씀을 드립니다.

특히 가장 마음에 드는 것은 우편함/튜토리얼/가이드의 군대 조교 같은 말투입니다. 맘에 드네요.
근데 제가 처음에 번역했을 때에는 이런 말투가 아니었고, 어느 곳에서 어떤 말투로 해야 할지 잘 모르겠습니다. 항목마다 말투(나 다른 용어)를 통일해야 할 필요가 있는데, 다른 번역가 플레이어 분의 의견을 보고 어느 곳에 어떤 말투를 써야 하는 지 한 번 묻고 싶습니다.

참고: 게임 시작 후, Ctrl+T를 누르고, 한국어를 선택하세요. 한국어 번역 창이 뜨면 Ctrl+G를 눌러 번역 사항을 엑셀 파일(.xls)로 받을 수 있습니다. 저장 위치는 ‘C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU\ia\(최신 버전 숫자)’ 입니다. 현재 작성 기준(2024년 2월 19일, GMT+9) 최신 버전은 142 버전이므로, 'C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU\ia\142’입니다. 그럼 'translation-ko.xls’를 열어서 번역을 입력하거나 수정해 주시면 됩니다. 수정한 이후에는 파일이 해당 자리에 위치한 상태에서 엑셀 창을 닫아 주시고 다시 Ctrl+G를 눌러 반영 여부를 확인하시면 됩니다. 제대로 입력이 안 된 것이 있으면 일부만 반영되거나 아예 반영이 안 될 수 있습니다!

협조에 고맙습니다!

Hello! This is Dongjun Lee. I was busy recently, but some other people fixed my translation error, changed speech tone (of translation), and added new one. I appreciate your help.

My favorite part is the speech tone of military drill instructors. I love it.
But my first translation’s tone is not this one, and I’m not sure which tone must be used on which translation. For each part, speech tone (& other glossary or word) must be consistent, preventing any confusion for every player. I want your opinion, or other translation.

Note: After starting the game, press Ctrl+T and choose Korean(if you speak Korean well…). While Korean Translation window is being shown, press Ctrl+G to get the Excel(.xls) file. Location is C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU\ia\(The number of latest version). At the time(Feb. 19th 2024, GMT+9) of my post, the latest version number is 142, so specific location is, ‘C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU\ia\142’. After adding/editing translation(‘translation-ko.xls’ file), save the file on said location and close the Excel program, and press Ctrl+G on translation screen and check the translation applied well. If there is any error, translation will not be applied partly or entirely. Beware!

Thanks for your help!

4 Likes

English only

Okay. Added English, so read well! Thank you!

1 Like

반갑습니다! 제 콜사인은 유경훈-𝕪𝕜𝕙𝕜𝕚𝕟𝕘𝟡𝟠 :chicken::poultry_leg:입니다. 동준님과 MYB님의 번역 내용을 참고하여 전체적으로 번역을 수정하였는데, 협의 없이 독단적으로 번역을 진행하여 혹여나 폐를 끼친 것은 아닌지 궁금합니다.

처음 번역을 진행할 때, 우편함 내용에 대해서는 설정 상 UHF 본부에서 공문을 하달받은 것이므로 군 문서처럼 번역했습니다. 총 3가지의 형태를 고안했었는데 첫째는 실제 군 문서처럼 ‘~임/~일 것’ 등의 말투로 번역하였으나 문체가 너무 딱딱한데다 Recruit라는 표현이 있었기에 기각했습니다.
둘째는 현재 한국어 번역에 쓰인, 상관이 하대하는 느낌의 말투입니다. Recruit를 새내기 (병사/승조원)으로 번역할 수 있는데, 전자의 경우라면 새내기에게 훈련 일정을 전달하는 상관의 말투가 적합하다고 생각했습니다.
셋째는 후자의 의미인 선원, 승조원 등으로 번역되었을 경우 UHF 본부에서 전달하는 공문의 형태로 고안하였습니다. 하대하지 않고 경어체를 사용하는, 이전 번역과 같은 말투가 적용된 번역입니다.
현재 한국어 번역은 둘째 버전을 사용 중입니다. 내용 상으로는 둘째 버전이 맞는 것 같지만, 게임 내에 계급 시스템이 있음을 고려하면 훈련병이라는 표현도 100% 정확한 것은 아닌 듯 합니다…

이에 따라 튜토리얼 또한 상관이 훈련병을 가르치는 상황으로 번역하였으며, 튜토리얼에 한하여 가이드 또한 하대하는 말투로 작성하였습니다. 다만, 임무 종료 전 등장하는 하단 인게임 팁은 경어체를 사용하였습니다. 마찬가지로 튜토리얼을 제외한 나머지 가이드는 전부 경어체를 사용하였습니다.

현재 한국어 번역에 대하여 다른 질문이 있으시다면 언제든지 제게 귓말 남겨주세요.
CIU의 한국어 번역은 이전 번역가분들의 노력이 있었기에 완성될 수 있었습니다. 감사합니다!

Nice to meet you! My callsign is 유경훈-𝕪𝕜𝕙𝕜𝕚𝕟𝕘𝟡𝟠 :chicken::poultry_leg:. I revised the translation as a whole by referring to work of you and MYB’s, but I wonder if I caused any nuisance by arbitrarily translating without consultation.

When first translating, I translated the contents of the mailbox as military documents since they were official documents received from the UHF headquarters. And I devised three different forms of it. The first was translated like an actual military document,but the style was too stiff and there was the word ‘Recruit’, so I rejected it.
The second is the tone used in the current Korean translation that gives the impression that the higher-up is being condescending(In English, there’s no words equivalent with ‘반말’). The word ‘Recruit’ can be translated as newbie (soldier/crew member), and in the former case, I thought the tone of the higher-up informing the training schedule to the new recruit was appropriate.
The third, when translated into the latter meaning of seafarer, crew member, etc., I translated it in the form of an official document delivered by UHF headquarters. This is a translation that uses the same tone as the previous translation, using honorifics(Also the word ‘Honorific’ is a little different with ‘존댓말/경어체’…) without being condescending.
Currently, the Korean translation is using the second version. In terms of content, the second version seems to be correct, but considering that there is a quest rank system in the game, and the word ‘Recruit’ does not seem to be fit perfectly…
So, the tutorial was translated into a situation where the higher-up is teaching a recruit, and only in the tutorial, the guide was written in a condescending tone. However, the bottom in-game tip that appears before the end of the mission uses an honorific tone. Similarly, except for the tutorial, all guides use honorifics.

If you have any other questions about the current Korean translation, please feel free to leave a message to me anytime.
CIU’s Korean translation couldn’t be completed without the efforts of previous translators. thank you!

1 Like

This forum only use English to post anything here. If you want to use your Korean, you can ask permission, or say something like “For Korean users in Forum:”. That’s all!

Myself like welcoming your enthusiasm in Forum.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.