A secret "Chest Storm" level in "Meteor Storm"

You said the mission is boring and repetitive. How will a wave that almost never appears solve that? People will maybe go “wow!” at it once and then the missions will be boring again. Or maybe they won’t ever feel that way about it because they’ve already seen this wave a thousand times already in regular missions.

No, not really. My idea was for the waves to be similar to chicken invasions. Feather fields are fairly distinct from that, it’s just a lot of chickens going towards you. The stuff I had in mind for this was proper waves of chickens combined with meteors.

1 Like

I’m curious, why do you hate it? It’s actually my favorite wave out of the three original bonus waves, but that’s only because I bring my own satellites as I don’t rely on random satellites appear in the mission. Maybe because bonus-style waves are not what you like, and you like supply waves (the other two bonus waves) better?

It is meant to be a surprise whenever you see it.
But if it always appears then there’s no surprise at all - you’d always expect it coming, you just don’t know when. And have it be a bit more common could risk having a lot more people know about its existence, and hence can’t really be a “secret”.

Though this chest wave does act a bit different. In higher difficulties, chests will go from the opposite direction, typical to a Meteor Storm wave in said difficulties. I didn’t say to add the Bonus Chest wave from CI3 in here as a secret level, I said in some levels, meteors in Meteor Storm are replaced with chests.
Though that probably isn’t that obvious, so that’ll be tweaked soon, just need to find the proper wording for it.

1 Like

Fking based. Hate this wave too. Even after IA dropped the probability on my complaint it still is present in every normal mission I play. Really I had maybe like 2 missions without this crap.

1 Like

For reasons I already mentioned+I simply don’t like it. It doesn’t even feel like much of a “bonus”.

Last time someone suggested an “Asteroids! no, really” wave to be applied to meteor storm iA said something about different types of enemies which wouldn’t really work (grazing?). Might be applied here too.

3 Likes

I concur

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Changed in v.120 :medal_sports: Idea

10 Likes