A question about CIU's music

Actually,yeah. You’re right. Thought people will still make fan dubs.

16 Likes

Perfectly perfect müsic. I love it.

1 Like

OH MY GOD! Chicken invaders universe leaked music!!! Totally legit!

4 Likes

Inb4 it’s actually in the game.

Sorry but this sounds ridiculous. Especially for chicken invaders.

How dare you say that, it’s good!

Guyss it’s getting closer and closer! The hype is real now!:grinning::grinning:

I think that InterAction Studios’ games music shouldn’t have vocals.

Do I look like I care?

IT could be. As 1 april joke

1 Like

• I don’t know
  • Maybe it will be the song from the teaser or the music that iA just posted

The “dead march” – the tune that the game plays when the player runs out of lives – should definitely be done as chicken squawks. It would sound more mocking.

No, I needs to be really ſeriöus and mournful.

I agree. Dead music must be serious. However you are turning mad in these seconds…

It might be worth having alternate versions of the game’s music done using chicken “voices” as the instruments, in multi-part harmony, available as a purchasable option. People who don’t want it don’t have to buy it, but it would be a fun novelty for some.

2 Likes

I spent a little while looking at software for creating MIDI instrument files – .SF2, .SFZ, etc. It doesn’t look like it would be too hard to make “BRAWWW …” chicken-squawk sounds, but I don’t see how to end a “note” with a distinct sound: “… AWWWK!” I can’t think of any real instruments that do anything like that. With a real piano, there’s a very faint sound of a felt pad coming down to silence a wire when a key is released, but that’s not a thing that’s included in a synthesized piano tone. Most instrumental tones just fade out or stop suddenly (the latter being just a sudden fade-out). Attack, sustain, decay, release… that’s the model that I learned a long time ago.

A work-around would be to have two separate “instruments”, one doing the main part of the sound and another doing the percussive “gluck!”. That would be very tedious to try to compose with or render.

1 Like

@InterAction_studios: Any chance I could persuade you to give me access – one way or another – to the score for the short “Game Over” music? A MIDI file would be good enough, as I can import that to my music software. MusicXML would be fine, as would MuseScore or Sibelius file formats. Or some version of the sheet music, such as a .PDF .