Why the Galactic Market needs to go

Here’s a workaround: Everyone gets the same equipment during challenges, even if they have never had it before. If they choose to dismount all, then a 1.5x scoring boost is given. That way people who need equipment can fly with them, but are rewarded less than if they don’t fly with equipment.

The Galactic Store serves a dual purpose:

1. It makes everything available all the time, so you avoid cases where you’re stuck without fuel, or want to play a mission but are missing some key equipment.
  2. It allows the casual audience that doesn’t want to bother with the exploratory/MMO part of the game to enjoy the traditional arcade part (missions). Of course, there’s still a benefit to regional stores (rarity, better prices), but it is always optional.

As for purchasable keys:

1. They’re going to be a thing (unless some other magical way to make money appears, but don’t hold your breath). If you don’t like the prospect, stop playing now.
  2. In order to only make money from cosmetic equipment you need to have a lot of it and enrich it constantly, which means a content-heavy game, which CIU will not be (technical considerations; more people needed to produce content).
  3. Ads (rewarded or not) would be an alternative, but they don’t exist on all platforms.
  4. If you purchase a license, no ads will appear, period.
  5. CIU is not a PvP game. Purchasable keys trade your time for your money – they don’t give you an exclusive advantage. There isn’t valid strategy for bought keys that isn’t also valid for ‘normally earned’ keys. For example, if we assume that you can achieve a higher score because you use 10 missiles, then you should use those 10 missiles regardless of whether you bought the keys for them or not. If you can’t afford them, then you’re handicapping yourself, and in that case you shouldn’t reasonably expect to come out on top anyway.
18 Likes

Can we have some high level equipment available only in Regional Stores with a certain chance of appearing? My main concern in this topic was that if a new ship comes out that requires you to spend a lot of effort, I’d rather spend 2k keys that I’ve been saving for the occasion rather than grind 7k. That’s all I’m saying. By making some ships/equipment regional store-exclusive, we can increase the relative value of an item without having to increase the key prices absurdly.

Just a consideration that I’m floating by.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.