Which waves and bosses have the screen zoomed out and by what extent? And can IA edit the zoom level of waves and bosses?

I know for a fact that certain waves and bosses have the screen zoomed out but I need details on the waves with the zoomed out effect and the extent of that zoom.
I also need to know whether IA is willing to and/or the engine allows editing of zoom levels in those and other waves and bosses. Orandza and I are discussing about potential buffs to bosses and if the feature is indeed present, it can greatly shape our decisions for the buffs.

Zoom levels are freely configurable/editable. They can even change in the middle of a wave (as happens in the first Superchick boss wave in CI4)

5 Likes

Just out of curiosity, how many zoom levels are there. And what about Noob November or will it even be that?

1 Like

Waves are typically at 100%, but some at 125% or 150% (to fit in more enemies).

Bosses are typically 150% (e.g. Crab C, Brothers), 200% (e.g. Henterprise), or 300% (e.g. Egg Cannon).

7 Likes

That scratched my itch to know how many zoom levels existed in CIU. Thanks a lot!

1 Like

Is crab 2.0 also 150%? Also,when suggesting,are we allowed to suggest something else,like 120% zoom out or is that not possible?

Crab v2.0 is at 125%.

Zoom can take any value whatsoever. Theoretically, you can also zoom in (75%) or zoom waaay out (800%) but there are practical limitations (graphics will blur when zooming in, and you can only zoom so far out before you won’t be able to see your spacecraft)

3 Likes

So, the Egg Cannon is bigger than the Henterprice? Cool, didn’t know that.

Technically Henterprise is 2 times bigger.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.