When you die in a Space Race

hey I saw the same name on Orandza Youtube channel? is that you “EmeraldV”?

4 Likes

Yeah, I often play multiplayer matches with him
and it’s " Emerald ’ v ’ "

5 Likes

That was something I suggested, although as practice missions witha fixed reward accessible from Hero’s Academy.But whatever,I’d just like challenge missions in the game anyway.

Superweapons are not necessarily cancer bruh.

There are beginners who might find the challenges harder.Challenges that go hardcore could award more keys.Both easy and hard missions should co-exist,and come to think of it,if we get pre-loadouts for dailies,then it comes down to raw skill.

Personally,I don’t use superweapons or perishables at all,and even if they’re docked,I manage to not use them.

If everything is hardcore,then CIU will change into a talent show for CI skills,not a game that you can comfortably start from.

Your opinion. Please accept mine.

Good. That’s why they are challenges.

Not could. MUST.

That’s exactly what I want to have. Way to test skill of players.

Me too. I finished every episode of CI on every dificulty without superweapons/missiles. I managed to develop a disgust about them because they make the game so much easier and less fun to play.

Isn’t it already? Look at challenges, look at the discussions after famous version nr 10.

I don’t exactly see how my suggestion is making everything hardcore. Or even one thing. If anything, it actually gives chance for other players that don’t know about the crashing trick (or feel like it’s cheating) to succeed in challenge.

Whatever.

Well,I was expresseing the same thing in softer language.

Though explosions going off on the screen was what attracted me to the game in the first place.

P.S. I’ve never,until now,defeated the Yolk-Star on CI3 without detonating the 50 or so missiles accumulated throughout the course of gameplay.But then, I’m not too spectacular a player.

You deserve that motley,then.Some tweaks are required in that area.

1 Like

What is this?

2 Likes

Sorry, but all I can think about that is Mötley Crüe.

2 Likes

You are on the internet.How long would it take to consult a dictionary?

And how long would it take you to explain it? I asked you because internet dictionary didn’t help me.

To be honest, I couldn’t know what you’re meaning with that neither. I GTranslated but I can’t put that onto context.

I’m sorry for writing such a late reply, but that’s just when I got to read the thread and I honestly have to agree with qbus here. Whenever I played Space Races, crashing into bosses didn’t even cross my mind, let alone think about using it as a strategy to win them. It’s very unfair for players who can’t afford to get as many lives and mass condensers. Such challenges should be done with skill.

The gist of the last sentence in my previous paragraph.

Too bad cussing isn’t allowed, one can sense your passive aggressiveness from miles away~
Calm down. It’s a casual forum discussion, not a debate that you can win by being overly sarcastic. I know you lose it easily, but I suggest that you try to tone your emotions down a little bit in your replies.

I agree, but it’s still a bad strategy. It’s silly to think, “Hey, I wonder if there’s a way I can beat everyone’s record on today’s Space Race - oh I know! Let’s practically skip bosses by ramming into them with mass condensers.” And this isn’t a personal attack at anyone, here we talk about ideas - not people. So no hard feelings.

Um, yes? Did that not cross anyone else’s mind? That will make the game a piece of cake for rich kiddos. I highly agree that special weapons and whatnot should be disabled on challenges like Space Race. As for Weeklies and Dailies, they don’t affect your score, do they? They can be allowed there.

Ooh yeah, as far as I remember, our home fam Galbatorix (when you forget someone's gender, so you can't say homeboy nor homegirl) had some pretty great suggestions for the Boron Railgun.

…No. That’s a very bad idea. You know why? Because, currently, even with the best weapons in the game (Utensil Poker & Neutrons), challenges are still quite hard. They’re not overpowered, but rather normal weapons that can be used on all difficulties.

And this.

Wow. Tell you what - usually those who imply they’re superior in one way or another are exactly the ones who are not. Check your ego amigo - replies are written so that people read them. I gave most of the replies a good read (“most” because it’s 4 AM) and they’re far from worthless.

This. You can get the same point across without being unnecessarily picky and rude, and that’s what ChickenBlaster did. Successfully.

Perhaps that’s not what ChickenBlaster meant to say, because “motley” is an adjective used to describe clothing made up of tons of colors. Given the way his sentence is structured, I’m sure he meant to use another word.

Yup, could’ve been used incorrectly - kind of what I said up there in my previous paragraph.

5 Likes

I’m male. Don’t be afraid to “misgender” me tho, I’m not going to get mad about such thing xd

Anyways, since I was pinged, I think it’s good moment to join the discussion. I think that suicide tactics are not healthy for any game, especially if they are the most effective tactic available. I don’t know about you guys, but is it ok that to get the best results in game about shooting chickens, you have to crash into bosses? I don’t think so. Not only it is really no-skill way to archieve high scores, but it also requires additional resources and places players who try to play the game as intended at a disadvantage.

From my experience suicide tactics being meta are not a good thing. In “League of Legends” there was once a tactic called “Inting Sion” that was based of character “Sion” and his ability that allowed him to stay active even after being killed. Players found out that with right setup, constantly getting killed and staying active via that ability was more effective than regular Sion gameplay. This lead to huge frustration, because this tactic was really unfun to play against and tradionial Sion players felt they were in disadvantage for not using it. So developers had to pach it out.

So yea, I don’t think that suiciding with max Mass Condenser is a good gameplay feature.
I would simply remove this item from the game, because it really has no use other than getting Space Race high scores unarchievable by other means.

If removing Mass Condenser is not an option, I think we should at least make its max DPS lower than damage amplified Utensil Poker, so it’s not the only viable Space Race tactic.

BTW, I am getting back to WBP so you may expect new post this week. (Unless some shit happens)

6 Likes

Well, yes. The only time where I use ( and most likely everyone else ) mass condensers is in space race.

The first time I’ve heard about crashing into the bosses I was like bruh, you gotta be trolling me, but after seeing that you can one shot most of the bosses just like that… it just feels busted and unhealthy and would make 0 sense to use in normal levels( unless you’re against the last boss ), since you would lose a lot of firepower and a life .

1 Like

Maybe you’re right, it is frustrating. And annoying.
Because it’s quite hard to get back from it. I only liked it because it’s like…the only item that had its use, but I guess that doesn’t change the fact that this is annoying. You essentially have to get 1 powerup from 5 of the 6 waves of each stage if you want to keep up with the deaths, and that’s huge RNG involved. I guess crashing does get boring after a while, too. There are so many other effective strategies that just get totally wiped out thanks to this simple item. It would be more fun to find out different strategies for every different boss.
Though qbus, Sufi is right, you have to calm down in these discussions. When you try to prove points by insulting people with sarcasm the way you do, it…doesn’t actually help you in any way. People are just more likely to argue with you and not accept your points.
And I can totally relate. When I saw everything Sufi and Galbatorix said, I was like…yeah, it does make sense, mass condensers really are broken. It was a totally different feeling from the one I had when I read your arguments.
On a side note, I really do want to see challenges that give you randomized stuff. Again, same for each person, but changes for every challenge.
And I do want to see special weapons thrown in this. It would be fun having to use stuff you nornally wouldn’t in a challenge. It will certainly shake up the strategies a bit.

5 Likes

Good. That was the point.

Not if you have your own point of view and when you try to prove it you’re just being silenced and argued back. BUT when someone else writes literally the same stuff, but little less aggressive because he just joined the discussion, the people are agreeing with him.

Was I wrong though? Look at this discussion. I was proving my points, standing by my view and yet it was worthless because more people didn’t agree with me until someone else wrote the same.

Behold. My favorite thing on this forum:

And wouldn’t you know, the posts he read were posts that were arguing with me. So was it bad that I gave up essentialy writing the same stuff once again?

He was writing about me replacing COULD with MUST. There’s a difference here being that could is optional. And harder challenges SHOULD give more rewards because they are harder to complete.

Well, soon we’ll know.

I think that it is an option. A good option.

How can I calm down when more people don’t want to agree with me just because who knows why. It’s an endless loop of my posts getting more aggressive because I have to defend my statements from even more users which in this situation even ended on something more frustrating. You all don’t have any problems with my ideas, but with me. Just write that you don’t like me. I’ll gladly accept the truth.

“Who knows”? We told you a lot of it. You either don’t want to listen or you do, but don’t want to change. You do you, but don’t think that your actions are without consequences.

Yeah, that’s exactly the issue. Be less aggresive and maybe people will start agreeing with you.

I don’t need to.
This is totally unnecessary.

Your point? This has nothing to do with what you replied to. All you’re doing is passing the blame onto someone else.
See, you know what you’re doing, but you can’t accept any of it.

You did the same thing here, too. Passing the blame onto someone else. Just because one person didn’t read everything doesn’t mean Sufi was wrong with what he said. People are going to read your replies. Especially the people towards whom the replies are directed to. And they will be insulted by your stuff. And who wants to agree with someone who just made fun of them?

It’s as if your only goal is to always be right. Have you considered that people on the forum have emotions? Continue this path if you want. But don’t be surprised if other people continue acting the same way towards you, as well.

3 Likes

Honestly, I would also be up for removing mass condensers. Nerfing them would still allow for boss skips, and once they become too bad (Say they would increase hitbox size) they would become unusable.

Also I don’t really see how qbus was overly agressive?

On the topic of Space Races being fair though, it’s hard to make them so in a game with a lot of RNG. Having to play them with your own gear makes it so you have to be in the late game to even compete for rewards. And again, perhaps there should be more rewards than for the top 1 person. I usually see in other games rewards for the top 10%, top 50% rewards, not amazing, but a good reason to actually try, even for the players not with the best equipment.

Now I’m not exactly sure if this is what you meant, but this actually got me an idea. The space race could be instead (or a different category of space race or even daily challange) a mission with a set, randomized loadout for everyone. Such that everyone begins with the same wierd set of items you have to get used to. Perhaps even some wacky modifiers? (Example: 200% all projectile speed, 1 life but you deal high damage). These are more for daily challange though.

The best, but most likely the hardest solution to implement would be forced RNG. As in, if you take exactly the same actions on two seperate attempts, everything will be the same. Power-ups, present weapons, food drops. What do you think?

1 Like

Exactly what I thought, except for wacky modifiers. But that sounds good, too. Though I think it should be for all challenges, not just daily ones.

Maybe that was badly worded, but he does need to learn not to offend people when discussing something.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.