Weekly Challenge, other Questions and Suggestions

1. Already implemented.
  2. Topic is now locked. If you need to comment on something you see on the list, just create a new topic. If you care to follow developments, you can pin the topic yourself.

With difficulty fluctation i mean that there are certain regions in the galaxy where you find hard missions more often

take this as a hypothatical map of the galaxy, but showing difficulty fluctation instead of stars and nebulas:

2 Likes

Oops, i totally forgot to mention that this thread should also be pinned so I can always see it…

Thought about this, but decided against it because creates a problem if a new user is spawned in a ‘hard’ area, or if you wander by accident into a harder area than your skills can handle.

I think this problem will be alleviated with the new skill system, because you’ll effectively be able to add 1-4 squares to EVERY mission you encounter.

P.S. You can pin any thread yourself.

Dont hestitate to limit possible difficulty. I want a real challenge as I never lost to a single mission, and I already almost only play hard missions.

@InterAction_studios, i have some more things to think about:

• the unoriginality penalty kicks in way too early and is too high, maybe you could make it so that, if you play a certain mission 3 times in a row, that penalty grows by -10% each time, up to -50%
  • right now, you spend many keys replenishing extra lives and superweapons. There could be ways to approach that (if necessary):
    – extra lives and superweapons cost less
    – permanent lives and superweapons: much more expensive, but not perishable
    – maybe the player could start with 3 base lives instead of one? This way, buying extra lives might not be necessary for experienced players
  • infinite upgrading for weapons
    – I dont know how the upgrade scaling is right now, but what about infinite upgrading of weapons? The price would rise exponentially to create a “soft cap” but not a hard cap on upgrading, see the image below:

• right now you can only mark missions as favorite on the mission complete screen. If you forget it, you either need to replay the complete mission again or surrender
1 Like

Is it really necessary to upgrade them beyond :zap:8?

1 Like

I am a fan of infinite upgrades, and I don’t see any downsides to this. In the end, it’s your decision if you want to upgrade further.

1 Like

Though, power is capped at 20 :zap:, so practically buying upgrades to level 20,25 or at most 30 is neccesary. I think 8 :zap: is good, because not only does it even the playing field on leaderboards, it also encourages to play well and not die.

2 Likes

You’re aware that the unoriginality penalty is not permanent, right? It gradually fades out over a period of 24 hrs.

Yes, but getting an instant -50% point penalty after playing a mission once is quite harsh.

Well… it incentivices exploration over one-spot grinding

@InterAction_studios why am I barely seeing any players? On one day they all disappeared and now I only see some anonymous heroes.

There should be nearly 100 green dots at Eurydamas and Acrisius, right?

I think that all players ſhould diſplay, not juſt the ones near you.

There ſhould alſo be a ſetting for this in the view options (maybe as a checkbox ſo you can ſelect it as well as ſomething elſe) ſo you can turn it off and not ſee all the dots, and your ſelections in the view options ſhould be ſaved in my opinion.

2 Likes

I also think that most perishables are too expensive and therefore not worth buying. 99 keys for 9 missiles is quite expensive and translates to about 400 food per missile. It should be something like 30 keys per 10 missiles so it is more worth to use them, especially in hard missions that i can (hopefully :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:) play soon (missions that you cant beat first try, even with multiple lives). Regarding lives, and i think I’ve said that earlier already, maybe letting the player start with a minimum of 3 instead of 1 live would be better? Right now you have to fully rely on extra lives.

I don’t think ſo on the lives, becauſe ſometime I want to have nothing to loſe.

Next suggestion: give stages random names, like missions.

When you enter a new stage, instead of saying wave x of y, it says something like

Stage 2
[generated name]

like it worked with the capter names in previous episodes

Also, @InterAction_studios, what is that “lucrative boost”?

Currently, you only see players within a certain radius from you. This was done to conserve bandwidth (apart from position, we also need to transfer flagship appearance and movement). We haven’t looked at our bandwidth usage closely yet, but if we can increase this range without going bankrupt, we will :slight_smile:

Currently, “lucrativity” of a mission depends on its planet. Planets that are harder to get to (e.g. because they have electic storms, or are hot) receive a boost. Lucrativity only affects score, not keys (this is intentional)

Good to know! Have you thought about price balancing of perishables? Or do you think those prices are in balance? Because as of now, I dont see any reason to buy anything except extra lives as buying missiles and other perishables make the grind for a new spaceship much longer…

2 Likes