[Weapons] Solar Blast & Egg Launcher

I’ve decided to give my weapon concepts their own thread.

Solar Blast

Note: Thanks to @IceIris for coming up with the name of this concept.

This is my first weapon idea, which I have already suggested to iA months ago. It’s called Solar Blast, and it would fire charged plasma balls. It would not have automatic fire. Instead, you could either click the fire button to launch a weak plasma ball, or hold it for a second or two to launch a much more powerful one. Weak plasma balls would add ~10% heat to the heat bar, while charged ones would add 2-3 times as much. Holding the fire button will also create heat, so don’t hold it for too long. If the charged plasma balls end up being a bit too weak, they could have another property assigned to them - piercing, which would let them pierce through enemies. For example, if a charged plasma ball that deals 5000 damage hits an enemy with 100 health, the plasma ball will become slightly smaller and it will deal 4900 damage to the next enemy. In case an enemy has more health than the charged plasma ball can deal, it will behave like a regular one. To encourage use of charged plasma balls, the maximum firerate of uncharged plasma balls should be ~2-3 per second. Its Gift would be light orange with a red ribbon. The sound played when it’s used could be borrowed from the Henterprise’s solar fireballs, while the charging sound could be unique.

SolarBlastLV12Uncharged
Solar Blast (Uncharged, :zap:20)

Solar Blast (Charged, :zap:20)

SolarBlastGift
Solar Blast Gift

SolarBlast
Solar Blast at :zap:20, as it could look like in-game

Egg Launcher

This is my second weapon idea, which is less refined than my first one, but I atleast got to test how this one could behave in-game (by making something similar to CI and adding that weapon there). It’s called the Egg Launcher, and it would let you harness the power of the Chickens’ eggs, with a small twist. The eggs, once fired, would still follow gravity, so as they go, they will slow down, eventually going right back at you and potentially killing you. On the first power level you would fire one egg at a somewhat slow firerate, with later power levels increasing the force at which they’re shot, allowing them to go higher up before coming back, adding more eggs and maybe increasing the firerate too. The weapon would be very risky in regular waves and very helpful for bosses. Its Gift would be light gray with a white ribbon. The sound played when it’s used could be borrowed from the Henterprise’s egg cannons.

EggLauncherLV0
Egg Launcher (:zap:1)

EggLauncherLV12
Egg Launcher (:zap:20)

EggLauncherGift
Egg Launcher Gift

EggLauncher
Egg Launcher at :zap:0, as it could look like in-game

35 Likes

This is actually not a bad idea! Egg launcher perfectly fits in my opinion.

1 Like

I love these ideas especially how you presented it in a gameplay perspective .

The Solar Blast is like one of the many attacks used by the chickens except the hero managed to use this chicken technology against them.

Also it is going to take some time to master the egg launcher but it would make for a haliarious challenge with friends.Maybe the weapon can be charged like the solar blast except the charging of this weapon affects the upwards distance of this weapon.

1 Like

The original concept was intended to work more like a regular weapon, but this could work too.

2 Likes

Maybe the egg launcher could do a bit more damage than ordinary weapons because it is more “risky”.

Solar Blast is better

1 Like

Yeah it’s very powerful weapon

Yup. I believe that somewhere between 400 and 500 damage per egg would be good enough.

It might be weak against chickens(because eggs come from chickens in this game) but it can be strong against any machines and metallic object.

In that case, it would have the same weaknesses and strengths as the Bird-Flu Gun and the Corn Shotgun.

1 Like

Same except reverse the strength and weaknesses of the corn shotgun and bird flu gun.

Hold on, why would metal enemies be weak to this weapon if it’s organic?

I try my best to put it in my perspective, you know, the thinking process.Think about it this way.The chickens lay egg that the space ship must avoid. Upon contact the spaceship is destroyed.Hence the stength of the egg launcher against metallic objects like the space ship.Also since the chicken lays the egg it could be suggested that the chickens could be resisted to the egg launcher.

1 Like

Just because they lay eggs doesn’t mean that they are strong against them. Also,just like emerald said,why would metal enemies be weak to a weapon that’s organic?

Spoiler (click to show)

(just because “eggs come from chickens”? why even would that make sense)

the Eggs’ shells are solid, so chickens wouldn’t be really strong against the Egg Launcher. And yeah, how would enemies made out of (or equipped with) metal be weak against an organic weapon?

To @anon27929001 and @IceIris It is just a thinking process.I trying to think of a reason why it would be strong against metallic objects and I suggested that it would be weak against the chicken as it is used by the chickens to destroy the player spaceship as said in my earlier comment and i quote:

"I try my best to put it in my perspective, you know, the thinking process.Think about it this way.The chickens lay egg that the space ship must avoid. Upon contact the spaceship is destroyed.Hence the stength of the egg launcher against metallic objects like the space ship.Also since the chicken lays the egg it could be suggested that the chickens could be resisted to the egg launcher."

Stressing on the part “put it in my perspective” it was what was going on in my head at the time.

I could suggest that the eggs rather being solid centre would have a liquid centre would break upon impact on any object releasing the liquid yoke.This liquid yoke would be either very acidic or very explosive (I leaning towards the explosive aspect rather than that of the acidic aspect because the egg causes the player’s ship to explode.) upon contact to the metallic object thus having a higher degree of damage over the metallic object rather than the organic lifeform such as a chicken.

If you still do not understand it well i could my utmost best trying to make my perspective be understood. :+1:t4::+1:t4:

Ok, I get everything aside from one thing: I still do not understand the “Chickens being strong against the Egg Launcher because they lay eggs” part as it just doesn’t make any sense.

They eat popcorn but the popcorn weapon kills them a lot

It’s corn,not popcorn. On the other hand,chickens use corn in some waves,and yet they are actually weak against the corn weapon

The egg launcher would do less damage to the chickens.