Weapon Reskin Library V2.0

Did this get buried? I definitely want to make sure that I’m not sharing any files that I ought not to be.

1 Like

To be sure I would remove OG files from your mod files

I don’t really have the time to do a manual removal currently, but so that I feel better about it I think I’ll temporarily disable the download link until I hear from iA. :wink:

3 Likes

Some more:

9 Likes

Idk why i post this message few year ago

2 Likes

Sadly, the download link has been disabled for the time being since Kylo Hen can’t really confirm whether the policy from InterAction Studios, this one:
https://forum.chickeninvaders.com/uploads/db1091/original/3X/6/7/67ba76767ea343da3be1fd5b1224fcd4aecbbfd8.png
Whether this policy applies to Kylo Hen’s weapon reskins or not.

4 Likes

This is correct - if I hear otherwise, I’ll happily re-enable the link.

@A_Hand - Thanks for expressing interest! If I do get the link back up I will make sure you are notified. :wink:

3 Likes

I know that there are already a bunch of Christmas and winter themed weapon skins out there, but can we have more of them? Like for example, candy cane Utensils?

1 Like

Perhaps in the distant future - I intentionally added a few in anticipation of Christmas though, and I’m not really in a position to be making a bunch more at the moment. :wink:

1 Like

Eh, inverted colors

4 Likes

Those green vulcans look amazing!

2 Likes

Oops, too shiny xddd

4 Likes

Aaaaa! My :eyes:

3 Likes

It’s back!

(And policy compliant! :wink: )

The Weapon Reskin Library mod has returned! Download link in the main post.
Enjoy!

Name's @'ed below are people who I agreed to notify upon it's return.

@A_Hand
@xBendy

19 Likes

Tried out some of the weapons.
Wonderful work! I only noticed two issues. Intense focus seems a little too loud compared to the rest of the game’s audio. Also, the egg cannon seems to have had its instant laser particles(or whatever it is) changed according to the photon swarm change(I used bubbles, so it looked kinda funny, lol).
bandicam 2021-05-04 20-10-00-787
Idk if this can be fixed, but figured that I should point them out just in case. Everything else seems fine, though I only tested one set of textures.

6 Likes

It can’t sadly

Actually, it could be if, instead of changing the flare of the photon swarm, the tip of the actual projectiles was changed. Though it might have to be resized then

2 Likes

There’s a skin where I do this (Stinger Trails) and the projectiles clip into the enemies as a result, because there’s no flare. For something like Bubblegun, it would also cause distortion with the shape and direction of the projectiles. Given that the mod is intended to be a proof-of-concept for the reskins in the library, I’d rather have the weapon itself represent the idea as well as is possible (within the limitations of modding, that is) even if that causes some visual weirdness in other parts of the game (although the Egg Cannon is one of the only instances where that actually happens).

And yes, Intense Focus is probably too loud. I kinda went overboard with it, but I wasn’t planning on tweaking it to the “just right” spot (that takes a lot of testing with something like in-game audio balance) and I thought with a skin like this it was better to go with “too much” rather than “not enough”… so, well, I think I did go “too much”, lol. It’s a completely fair criticism and a fault on my part, but not one I’m likely to fix anytime soon, I’m afraid.

In any case, I still very much appreciate the feedback! Glad you’ve been enjoying the reskins. :wink:

11 Likes

Damn. Guess imma revive this place.

Normally I would bring this in the IAMI but I’ll put the weapons in the library instead. These are danmaku bullets, they were originated from the Touhou Game series over hundred years ago. Now here, these are the danmakus. We have upgraded, enhanced and empowered so it could fit your spacecraft guns. These are the weapons:

Ion Blaster → Spirit Beater

Used to be a weapon owned by a shrine maiden who have retired. Now weaponized, dealing more physical damage more than ritual. The paper melts upon contact, stinging your enemy.

Neutron Gun → Enhanced Magic Missiles

Used by a magician who lives in a forest. Now a deadly weapon against evil Henpire. Totally Awesome.

Utenstil Poker → Throwing Knifes*

Used by a maid of a household. These silver throwing knives are able to weak your enemy with a single stab. And with many of them…heh…they won’t stand a chance *the Engrish is intentional, it stands for Firepower.

NOTES:

• This is the first version of the mod so it’s not the best. I will remake it when I could
  • The bullets are just ripped from the touhou games. Probably will be drawn by me in the next version (or at least, tracing it)

DOWNLOAD: [TouhouPlayableDanmaku.CIUmod]

CREDITS:

@RamonTokus modding, editing
@Francis converting it to .tga
@Team_Shanghai_Alice sprites
And InterAction himself/themselves

8 Likes

what’s tga
is it food
can you eat it