Weapon idea: cryo-impaler

Cryo-Impaler fires icicles that move slowly but quickly accelerate overtime, those icicles compensate aiming requirement with the capability to pierce through multiple chickens, increases acceleration speed, damage and amount of chickens it can hit as well as fires more icicles every few levels

Cryo-Impalyer’s cold nature, however, ignores heat sinks and instead generates “cold”, just like other weapons when you fire your weapon constantly for too long, but instead of being overheated, the weapon causes the ship to become “too cold!”, lowering the ship’s rate of fire and lowering/limiting its movement speed, it does not disable boosters, however, shooting with boosters while under “too cold!” will cause the booster to become half as effective as well as further slows down the ship’s movement speed.

2 Likes

Well I don’t think acceleration and penetration are necessary. At least penetration isn’t. Lots of stats to balance and it just feels like a mess. I think just this part would be good:

Tho I think heat sinks should affect the weapon. It makes no sense to have better equipment and yet not have it actually do anything. Again, makes no sense and only creates problems in balancing(not that it’s a big deal, but it could happen). And altho it’s been suggested many times, I think a slowing effect would be perfect for this weapon in particular. Have it slow down enemy fire rate and their projectile speed slightly. I think this would make the weapon one that would be more on the defensive side. We don’t really have many of those currently.
Yes, I know this would change your idea drastically but imo it’s the best way to go about it. And dps of the gun should be similar to Riddler’s.

2 Likes

That sounds pretty neat actually, reduces their rate of fire and projectile speed by 30% against normal chickens and 15%/10% against bosses, snow chickens are immune to the debuff because well… snow chickens

1 Like

Basically an ice version of ICBM, nice!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.