Repeated levels!

Presumably,they aren’t interested in this,at all. That’s why they aren’t reacting.

Well but I think repeated levels make this game go down

I think if the game really wants to evolve, mobile versions should be more limited. Not every game is necessarily to be released for smartphone or a tablet.

3 Likes

Also android version would take a lot fewer than 1gb of pc. For mobile maybe it will be 600mb

Fine,I guess. Their choice. Please,be patient,though. New content is supposed to come later on. If you want to know what really makes the game go down,it’s probably the servers that would be 10 times more unstable if those weren’t IA’s focus.(and if,instead,they focused on less repeated levels)

1 Like

Yes I think so

I think that there ſhould be options for download ſize ſo that in ſmaller downloads, ſimilar kinds of levels are replaced by juſt one, ſo there would juſt be 2 or 3 claſſic rectangular grids inſtead of having all the variants &c.

I alſo think that 1) this is an iſſue for later and 2) it’s ſomething that IA can decide far better than we can.

So,if I understand this correctly,for example,with a bigger download size,both rectangular layouts waves from ci5 would be there,but with a smaller download size,only one of them can appear?

That’s the idea. Whether or not it’s even poſſible to implement is beyond me; we’ll ſee what IA ſays when the game’s approaching completion.

Well if they focus on optimizing the game for weak smartphones, I don’t see how are we gonna get new content in the future, maybe one boss, 3 waves and 2 spaceships, but it would still increase the game’s size.

1 Like

Your idea would not happen @Traveller because a server properties should be same for all players.

We have nothing against increasing download size, but it will need to be justified on a case-by-case basis.

Whenever it’s time to consider a new feature, it’s evaluated from a dozen different (and often conflicting) perspectives:

• How popular is this idea? Do many players really want it or is it just an isolated group?
  • Does it benefit the average Joe, or just some world-class elite players?
  • How much effort would it take to implement this technically? Would it need modifications to the graphics engine? The game engine? The MMO engine? The servers?
  • How would this idea benefit ALL platforms that the game eventually be ported to? We could certainly cram more information on a PC screen, but how would that work on smartphones?
  • How does it combine and work together (or against) other features in the game?
  • Would this idea reduce the player base or accessibility to new players? Making download and installation more difficult fall into this category.
  • Does this idea fit in with a business model? Does it incur extra expenses at our side? Giving everything out for free is all well and good, but it doesn’t help if we eventually have to shut the whole game down due to mounting expenses.
  • How popular is the game already? How many players are already playing it? More players means (typically, but not always) more income, which means more resources can be devoted to further development.
  • Is it elegant to implement? Is it maintainable?

Most of these considerations are irrelevant to a player. From a player’s perspective, the more features/content/expansions you have, the better. And if everything were completely free, that would be awesome! Agreed.

But also bear in mind that this is not a huge multinational company with thousands of employees and unlimited resources. It’s just a very, very, very small independent studio. Some otherwise wonderful ideas will sadly be postponed or cut for reasons completely unrelated to their worth. :cry:

4 Likes

Imagine if interActiom studios was bought by Microsoft, or EA… there would be ALOT of paid DLC’s and would ruin the whole franchise. :smiley:

Microsoft is pile of s…t. They ruined skype and so many other things.

1 Like

Hey @InterAction_studios I know how you could earn some money, have you thought about making colors for weapons? For example purple neutron gun or blue… etc, basic colors would be free, but some special ones like gold, extra glow, rainbow, added special effects on them could be purchasable, also different spaceship textures and colors, but not all of them, only special ones which add extra effects to it. Different chicken clothes, boss textures…etc. This wouldn’t make the game pay to win, since you are only paying for looks and aesthetics.

The issue with that is that you’re supposed to be able to play on PC then continue playing on mobile, so those versions have to have the same content. You can’t just not bother to include it if they’re supposed to be the same.

Not a bad idea, but if the weapons would be colored, I’d prefer to affect the gameplay too because otherwise it can be confusing and the colors of the original weapons wouldn’t be special anymore. For instance, the Photon Swarm weapon at firepower 0-10 has the projectiles blue, but at firepower 11, the projectiles turn into orange and they do affect the gameplay because they do more damage.

Hmm what if the presents also changed depending on texture? The colour would stay the same but there would be a glow of a color you selected.

Any type of modification of the original weapon, just for ‘‘aesthetics’’, in my opinion, should have an effect on the gameplay too. You can already customize the ship in a lot of ways aesthetically, there are already many types of gifts too. The thing is that I’m thinking of more things to be added in the shop and some of the things could be other weapon upgrades, not just the starting firepower. For example, if the weapon has a glow (the glow color of the original weapon), each projectile will deal a bit more damage.

1 Like

Yeah I actually agree, it would be cool if weapons synergized too, at least 2 of different weapons could work together if it is too hard to implement, for example if u pick laser + forks u’d get laser that shoots spread shots and normal ones with alightly increased heat and damage since forks are the most powerful in the game.

1 Like