✏ Poll: Exploit policy

The big difference here is the magnitude of the effect. Grinding on specific missions are a natural thing of RPGs, but when the income is too great for so little time, that’s when adjustments are done.

Now a disclaimer note, I am completely unaware of what missions are we talking about so I don’t have any numbers, so please correct me if I’m missing something.

1 Like

They are Squawk Block and Retro
Anyway, thank you for giving your opinion

How about the Unorginality Penalty for Key?

I don’t want to discourage players from practicing or trying to win a hard mission, result assessment is better. But even then, you get a lot more keys from food than actual keys.

I pretty much agree with all of this, and would just like to add that by rolling back the progress, it’s kind of an inconvenience for the player when all the time they spent on the game literally just gets erased even though they played by the game’s rules and did nothing wrong.

5 Likes

i agree, and as Joel Vinesauce once said:

3 Likes

To be a lil bit more fair, the rollback progress, as I understood it wouldn’t be just ALL of your progress, just an estimation of what you’ve got with the xploit.

2 Likes

I have been using Squawk Block exploit for 2 weeks
However, because this is a small exploit so I don’t know if I.A will patch it or not
Furthermore, I stopped playing the game because I know whatever I do, my progress will be rolled back (I know that some of the votes are saying “rolled back” because of the hatred towards Helios and some of the people here can use alt account to vote one-sidedly)

1 Like

Most of the replies by trusted and experience players here say keeping it, and I agree with those reasons. I think iA will read the replies and unlikely to roll back if he sees the good explanations, even if the poll result is different.

“Exploits are not punishable”. Rolling back is a punishment, forcing someone to lose their progress, and an unfair one, because they didn’t use external programs to modify anything. Keeping the results will likely win the poll, but if it isn’t iA should redo the poll and requires trust level 2 to vote.

This has already been done by I.A

That’s more like it, you can’t cheat easily now.

5 Likes

Yeah that’s still pretty bad.

I find one

One what?

helios

Yeah, it is me
The code is a name based on the periodic table

3 Likes

ah yes the helios puzzle

2 Likes

Some of the votes might have been encouraged by the hatred towards @Helios so it might not be fair in this poll (trust me, anyone who has seen his actions before will vote “rolled back” even though some of his actions are not related to any aspects of the poll)

Because the votes are very close to each other, I doubt iA will roll back. Additionally, even if we do nothing at all about this, what’s the worst that could happen?

• The All-time Best leaderboard will be filled with players that repeatedly farm waves, a boring way to play the game. There are no rewards for them, and I don’t think they should.

• They will have keys to buy everything in the game much earlier than other people, but their skills don’t improve.

• They don’t get many medals from this, a much more accurate representation of their skills.

• The competitive missions and medals are not affected at all because they still need actual skills to play them (missions are randomly generated, meaning they need actual skill and experience). No way they will get enough points to win by spamming special weapons.

• Activity medals may be farmed with repeated easy waves, but there are many ways to farm them anyway.

The game won’t be broken, it’s not like they can use their own keys to buy stuff and give to other people to break the game of other people as well, they only break their own game and ruin their own fun.

2 Likes

Players are fine with this because they get nothing out of it that is beneficial to them
Plus repetitve missions are meant to be a part of a RPG game so it is irremovable

This is their choice because they choose to make a trade for keys and sacrifice their skills and medals

You have a point. Still, when new items are added, they should be taken into account for this aspect

That is a feature of the game that anyone can do like @tiennguyen12345 did before. Not worth fixing now
Furthermore, reseting their progress may just ruin their love for the game since they DID NOT do anything wrong. But instead give them a warning and make friend with them so that they can spit out all the exploits they know which will solidify the game’s policy. Remember, the game is still in Early Access

1 Like