New special weapon idea

I’m almost positive it’s more complicated than that, considering the amount of times iA stated that adding specific interactions and conditions like that is not an easiest job.

Also did four people really need to say the exact same thing? What the hell?

Actually it’s three times only

inhales
Oh Discourse doesn’t have code blocks. I’ll just use screenshots then.

I did this in less than 10 minutes. I doubt IA would need that much time to implement anything like this, especially since he has 3/4 of the code all prepped and ready to be edited and I had to write it from scratch.

And I used JS as an example language because I didn’t feel like opening VS for C#. JS and C# are almost exactly the same anyway, just that C# is much better.

1 Like

Well, I feel like it’s an inferior damage amplifier. Maybe superior on low difficulties where damage isn’t that important, but you probably won’t end up using any special weapon there, at all. Firstly, you’re screwed with coward and slob chickens. Secondly, how would it work with manual fire? If it doesn’t, manual firing weapons won’t really even get the full boost. Thirdly, this thing will make you overheat so damn quickly.
And if the purpose of this is " It would be really useful for those moments when you’re tired of repeatedly pressing the fire button.", automatic weapons basically get the same benefit they’d get from amps, which is increased dps, aside from the aformentioned downsides.
The only real use I can see from this is using it on Plasma because amps are useless for it(for the most part, although this thing would make it overheat in 2 seconds if it only works on automatic fire).
And, well, combining the two special weapons would be interesting, yes. Except that you won’t get to see it often, because even if you put these special weapons next to each other, you’d have to go through 3 of one kind, first.
A perishable would be interesting, but it would need to be rebalanced. As a special weapon, though, it absolutely needs at least a lower price than amps, seeing as it’s inferior most of the time.

10 Likes

I still agree with Pritish that Slob Chickens need a core change tbh, they’re very RNG-y

2 Likes

Thank you for letting me know you can code but we don’t know anything about the way iA coded it

Don’t get me wrong, I’d like something like this, I’m just telling it serves mostly the same purpose as amps but we have both Missiles and Mines so there’s that.

annnd just when I was trying to explain why amps are superiour at this state Orandza posted a good explanation about it, so thank you

3 Likes

The purpose of my reply wasn’t to flex with my coding skills thanks. Think in more dimensions than just that, perhaps the person in front of you isn’t trying to be condescending?

Besides IA wrote the game in C++ and I assume that since he has over 20 years of programming experience, unlike me, he would not only find a better way to do it, but he would achieve it much faster.

In that case we can settle on a consensus and talk about the way it could work. Like Orange said, as a perishable it would need some slight tweaking, but if it were a special weapon - big no-no.

Perhaps the already existing Damage Amplifiers could benefit from a fire rate boost as well? I mean, they’re kinda pricey.

1 Like

But what if the fire rate booster won t affect the overheating time

In that case it would truly serve as an alternative damage amplifier.

1 Like

But will it raise the heating rate?

Too OP. Can return Riddler’s auto clicker fire rate

1 Like

To balance it, I guess this works:

• Make it perishable, so you’re using it whole the mission
  • It increase 33% / 50% (I’m not sure, plz help) of firing rate per item. You can adjust how much faster you want
  • It increase weapons’ auto fire rate only, if you equip it a lot enough, manual weapons have their auto fire faster
  • it should still affects overheat. Means that it won’t act as damage amplifier substitute, instead just finger reliever
  • For absolver, yes, it just makes charge quicker

Manual weapons still have their manual attack better heat management while auto weapons just inflict more damage quicker, but total damage stay same.

3 Likes

Generally speaking, multiplying fire rate is… problematic. Once firing rates exceed 25%-30% of your FPS, you get into a lot of uneven weirdness and missed shots. It all boils down to the Nyquist-Shannon sampling theorem .

8 Likes

What about Plasma Rifle and Vulcan Chaingun?
These 2 powerful weapons will greatly benefit your hand.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.