New Booster - Weapon Supercharge

This booster is different from the two we already have (Overdrive and Accumulator).

The main idea is in the name “supercharge” - if you activate it, your weapon will fire a very powerful burst of bullets that deal higher damage than what’s usually possible. Specifically, the firerate is tripled and damage is multiplied by x1.5. Projectiles have a glowing and fizzing effect.

Activation: Double-click quickly (as if overdriving), and wait for up to 10 seconds, then release your finger to launch the supercharge. The longer you wait, the longer the weapon supercharge boost will be. 1 second of supercharging equates to 2 seconds of supercharged fire (up to a 20 second duration)

WARNING: If you overcharge the booster for more than 10 seconds, your spacecraft will explode, losing a life.

We’ll use the Neutron Gun as an example. By itself, it fires at 4.17/s and deals 3,600 damage (2x 900 damage bullets and 3x 600 damage bullets) on Power Level 10. When you supercharge it, the firerate is 12.51/s, and damage is increased to 5,400 briefly.

Overheating - The bar will fill up accordingly - up to 80% of the bar can be filled with a perfect supercharge.

Note: Certain weapons do not support this booster. Instant-hit autolocking weapons (Lightning Fryer, Positron Stream, and Plasma Rifle) will have their autolocking efficiency increased by 200% (maximum AoE increased by 200%). Laser Cannon will just fire 5 powerful beams that continue firing until the supercharge times out, each beam dealing 29,389 damage per second (on max power), dealing a maximum of 146,948 damage per second.

17 Likes

It’s a concept very similar to the Overload booster I showed in this topic:

1 Like

This booster will cost the usual 460 keys (may be lower in certain stores).
Here is an idea of what it looks like.

The bar will fill up as you supercharge your weapon. 1 chevron equates to 1 second, or 2 seconds of supercharged firing. DO NOT GO PAST 10, OR YOU WILL EXPLODE AND DIE. A beep will alert you when you’re at 10 seconds, and your spacecraft will flash a faint but visible red.

1 Like
3 Likes

The concept seems solid but needs to be refined. Price and time are my concerns. Also how is the pilot informed when the 10 seconds are up before exploding? Is there a beep? Be well all…

3 Likes

Good point.
When you’re at higher supercharge levels, your spacecraft will begin to glow red and as you’re at 10 seconds of supercharging, your spacecraft will flash red frantically AND a beep will alert you.

4 Likes

This could work, and be helpful for all pilots. I hope iA uses your idea. Fly safe. Be well all…

4 Likes

Good point.
When you’re at higher supercharge levels, your spacecraft will begin to glow red and as you’re at 10 seconds of supercharging, your spacecraft will flash red frantically AND a beep will alert you, so who can I help for ward

3 Likes

good idea
i hope it will appear in future verison

4 Likes

VERY GOOD IDEA. I hope IA ADD THIS

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.