Mysterious Boss danger zone warning

Well you have to buy rookie right? Oh no wait… yeah that’s what I meant.

So whenever I battle a new boss I’ve never seen before,I absolutely must play on rookie skill level just to find out whether or not that boss has instant lasers,and only after that I can play that boss fight on higher skill levels? Waste of time. No thanks
VerMishelb’s suggestion sounds okay-ish.
And what’s the problem with people who turn it off having a disadvantage compared to those who don’t?
You turn it off if you want more of a “challenge”,and if you don’t want it,don’t turn it off. People who’d choose rookie would also have an advantage over those who choose ssh,for example.

1 Like

Now tbh not many bosses have or need danger zones, only mysterious ship, crab 2.0 amd Henperor (when doing his shield fpr the first time) need their danger zones.

Now that Anotheruser12 said that, well, why don’t the practically insta forcfields have some kind of tell? For all I know the first time I’d die!

Yeah,they don’t,even though they should.

I feel like the attack itself is kinda meh, but should it have a tell? At that point its useless! See tell = go away. Absolutely no risk. There should be one the first time you fight it/shoots though. Same with mysterious ship though. You have to time it and not rely on tells. I just realized, how would they even work when the mysterious ship shoots fast? They will be as useless as not having them at all at that point! But, well, there has to be some option to make us both happy right? Making the attack visible first time it appears each fight with a boss is a good solution for me.

I know I just contradicted myself kinda, but yes, it should have a one time beggining tell

Making the forcefield force you to die the first time doesn’t make it any more useful. If people do not like having an option to disable/enable danger zones,then perhaps make the danger zones appear only the first time you fight a specific boss,and after that,the said danger zone will no longer appear during that boss fight(pretty much what we mentioned at the beginning of this conversation)

Is that forcing you to die first time to the forcefield?
I don’t have problems with boss entering dangerzones.

Excuse me,but I don’t quite understand now

Danger zones that appear at first are fine. You are complaining that newcomers will die to the first fast attacks of bosses. I suggest that the first attack of those bosses has a tell, for example the green lasers of the mysterious ship.

My suggestions is make Henperor and Crab 2.0 bosses show indicators in form of circle when they fire their shield the first time, and straight indicator lines in cross form when mysterious ship is shooting his lasers ONLY FIRST TIME, all other times it’s gone. I explained that pretty terribly

1 Like

Ah,then yes,that’s just about what I meant: display the danger zone the first time during that boss fight,and after that…nope.

1 Like

Then, we agree :smile:

1 Like

Though it’s gonna take a bit of effort for IA to put those in…

It occurred to me that there might be some confusion between safe/danger zones and instant-hit warnings.

Safe/danger zones only appear at the beginning of a wave, and are meant to indicate where you should place your spaceship in order to avoid being crushed by newly entering enemies when the wave starts. E.g., waves that spawn enemies from the bottom will show a danger zone there so you can move further up towards the top.

Warnings are dashed lines that are shown shortly before an instant-hit beam is about to be fired, giving you time to move away from it (fun fact: all beams are harmless for about 0.25 seconds after they appear, but on its own this is typically not enough time to react).

Danger zones do not signify immediate danger. Warnings do. Expanding force-fields (e.g. Henperor, Crab V2, Coop) are not immediate dangers, hence no warning.

To clarify, the Mysterious boss has received a zone in the upcoming update, not a warning every time it fires its beams. There’s (another) way to clearly tell when it’s about to fire, so warnings are unnecessary for the beams.

1 Like

You know what? Just leave it as it is. I’m sure new players won’t have problems, u got plenty of time when crab2 shoots his forcefield thing.

Ah, alright. Yeah, I’m all open for danger zones, they should be a good addition on any difficulty :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Are you sure about that?

P.S. Too sad that I can’t hide video itself using “Hide details” button.

3 Likes