My first Impressions

Lol am I the only one who got Egg cannon as first boss? Ps the game is too easy for me😎

I see it but it was very easy and it was second and last for the daily challenge. Also the side’s was changed.

1 Like

Ah, that’s why some people were separated. But that’s why I got that off-road license!

OK, this wave is EPIC.

It’s ridiculous.

6 Likes

Well, I got a Bend it like Beckhen wave and on the last stage it spawned Chickenauts.
You can guess how that ended.

@InterAction_studios, it seems like my satellite also fires with left click but it’s set to right click.

Also, I find extra lives and missiles way too expensive… an extra life and missile should be around 10 to 20 keys in my opinion. HUD stuff like damage and point indicators are also very expensive.

That’s the default. You can change the ſatellite auto-fire in the ſettings.

The satellite auto-fire is set to right click, but it triggers with both left and right click.

The hard Chicken Invaders is back to the roots! The last CI game was difficult in 2006-2007(ROTY). After so many years IA decided to turn back this difficulty for which I am very thankful to them. The hardest game since ROTY.

3 Likes

Agreed, I just lost all my lives on one wave which was complete bullet hell

@InterAction_studios I dont know if it’s a bug or not, but the tier shown in the top right seems to be off by 1

Also, if you add new enemies and waves, will it change every mission? How will you incorporate new content into them?

Yes, that’s bug. :confused: Your local tier doesn’t update unless you reconnect.

Currently, if we make changes to the procedural mission generation, it will also change all existing missions, yes. But that’s only for EA. For the official release… hmm… if we add a new enemy to the game, wouldn’t you like to see it appear on ALL missions? Even existing ones? Are you going to travel around the galaxy searching for the few new missions that contain this new enemy? Sounds like a very low-impact approach.

3 Likes

Does this mean that in the full version the enemies will be the same from the previos games? If it is try to upgrade they’r atacks. Even if there are new ones, I do not have a problem seeing them often, rarely or what esle.

@InterAction_studios maybe you can show an indicator if the server is being updated (shut down expectedly) or if it crashed unexpectedly on the connecting screen?

Well if the server is down then you can’t contact it to get the reason why it’s down :stuck_out_tongue:

But, yes, we’ll improve that in the future. Currently, if the server goes down then it could be several minutes until the client realizes (which means progress in the meantime is lost). We’ll fix this.

1 Like

@InterAction_studios I don’t understand how skill levels work. They affect the key drop rate and score gain, right? How does it change the mission, does it increase health of the chickens or do stronger enemy types appear? What is the default skill level used in missions (if you don’t select one)? The highest I’ve seen is Superstar Hero, but the Graphics depict that there are several skill levels over it.

Skill levels work similarly to previous episodes. The harder the skill level, the more frequent the key drop rate, and the larger the score multiplier. Apart from this, skill only affects enemy health – nothing else.
If you don’t select anything “Rookie” is the default.
Superstar hero is currently the hardest. We’ve reserved some space for harder skills, if there is any demand.

3 Likes

@InterAction_studios good to know, and I have another question…
Did the server update change something?

It hopefully fixed the instability and crashes. We can’t get to work on updating game mechanics if we don’t first stabilize the server :frowning:

The good news is that we finally tracked down the bug (or at least, A bug :slight_smile: ), so things should be smoother now.

2 Likes

What new content are you aiming for?