My first impressions and questions

@InterAction_studios you’ll need to add more reasons to buy stuff, because the only thing I have is the offroad licence and forks weapon which is overpowered…

1 Like

Well, I think that perishables are just not worth it, except lives or perhaps the time invulnerability. But all other ship parts are definetly needed, like heat sinks, thrusters etc. and remember, you can make a fleet out of many ships (I still don’t know how it works though, @InterAction_studios can you please explain?)

In my opinion the lives system needs a rework because as of now, if you die you basically “pay” 50 keys (because you’d buy an extra life to get it back).

Unless you cannot reliably get keys, I don’t think it’s a problem, since lives come in a 10x pack. But that’s why it’s bad for newcomers, since they can easily run out of lives.

Oops… I totally haven’t seen that they come in packs of 10. This completely changes my point of view as 5 keys per life is pretty okay. @InterAction_studios since they come in packs of ten, extra life price is balanced (in my opinion)!

@InterAction_studios how will planet levels from CI5 be ported over CIU? Or will they even be ported since there is no planet missions like in CI5 …yet

Hmm, that’s a hard one. Not sure if that’s even possible. We’ll first need to figure out a way to make them procedurally-generated (random).

1 Like

I just lost all my progress… :confused:

Did you install the game on a different computer?

No just logged in, and I’m placed in different solar system on top of the galaxy

What was your callsign in the game?

Also, did progress saving EVER work on your account? That is, did you ever log out and log back in and your progress was saved? Or did you only play it in one long continuous session?

Nevermind I got it back somehow…

Hey @InterAction_studios is it possible to make more starfields for levels, not the ones from previous games u can buy but some new ones which are by default in the missions, because it’s too repetitive in every level there is the same starfield background? Also if u enter a mission located on a sun, can you make it look different, like a sunrays in a mission to make it feel unique

1 Like

Yes, but since starfields are a cosmetic change, it will take a while. Suns will eventually have their own dedicated missions (“Supernova” at the very least)

Speaking of missions, what type of missions will there be? I think i recognized boss rush and comet chase… What mission type would you add first/prefer?

From CI3: Comet chase, Asteroids

From CI4: Supernova, Supply Droids, Retro

From CI5: Feather fields, Planetary (maybe)

There’s also a new planned type (tentatively named “Endurance”) where a mission only has a single type of wave (a rectangular block), but it gets harder and harder as you progress.

4 Likes

Are regular asteroids (CI3 and earlier) going to appear in invasion missions or will they be only available in their own mission type?

They’ll be sprinkled throughout regular missions too, but they’re ll be dedicated missions as well (we’ll make them a little bit more interesting in that case).

Did anyone ever enjoy the “Bonus Challenge” missions from CI3? We could introduce some of those, too.

5 Likes

YES BRING IT ALL BACK, also back on the sun missions, do you remeber how u did sunrays in ci5 wave “popcorn”? U could put those lighting effects in supernovas to make them cooler

1 Like

Also i see a lot of electric planets. On this planet missions will be cool to see some lightings, who can appear from CI5 at the background around the levels. Also: is it posible to fight with bosses like the hearth of darkness and the ice cube?

1 Like