Medal Idea

There are medals awarded for the amount of waves flown but when I reviewed the rankings very few pilots have flown over 10,000 missions. To fly 5,000 missions shows a great deal of commitment, and loyalty to the safety of the galaxy. It is our commitment to the control these annoying chickens isn’t it? This dedication to the cause should be recognized with a medal. Those of us who have flown 5,000 + missions know how much it takes. I was very happy when I was recognized for flying 50,000 waves, exploring 100% of the galaxy, piloting for 1 year, cashing in 10,000 + food. Why not recognize this as an accomplishment too? Just a thought, Be well all…

2 Likes

the 50k wave medal is already hard enough to get, and the missions vary wildly in length

2 Likes

50,000 waves medal was actually originally 10,000 missions, but was changed because, indeed, missions vary in length much more than waves.

2 Likes

Very true however it depends on your style of play. I don’t surrender I just continue to try. I loose a lot of extra lives and know when I won’t overcome the mission… yet. This is still a mission flown. Flying Academy missions can rake in many waves, (120 maybe), but only 1 mission. I still feel that with over 22,000 + missions in the galaxy it is worthy of a reward in the form of a medal. Be well all…

1 Like

Interesting idea, but if that medal is added to the game (5k missions flown), people would speedrun short, easy Squawk Block missions with BX-9’s, fire satellites and Level 8+ Positron Stream (including special weapons) in order to earn the medal as soon as possible.

1 Like

Wow, it really looks like I’m trying to suck up a medal. Just read my own post, and I am not. Didn’t mean to come across as a weasel. I just want those who have gone the distance get a pat on the back in the form of a medal. Yes me too, Be well all…

1 Like

You didn’t say anything wrong, I only say that information so you’re aware.

5 Likes

Maybe, however those of us who challenge ourselves will see a recognition that we have accomplished a goal. I found this very encouraging during my recovery after a bad wipe out. I was in an ICU for a long time and this game helped me with my getting better. It was something I could set as a goal. For me this was a way to cope and not go bat crap crazy. This forum helped me with advise, and pointers so I used them to become a better player, and I was motivated to try until it became unsheepish to continue loosing all of these extra lives. I just thought it should be recognized as an accomplishment. Be well all…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.