Looking for ideas about Squadrons

Squadron owners will assign missions in the next update.

Adding the ability to add squadron members to contacts, comparing stats and locating them on the map could also be good additions. As for players being distinguishable in the galaxy when in a squadron that was stated by others, we could simply change the color of the star next to squadron members’ callsigns instead of adding additional text or icons only for squadrons that we are a part of. Once clicking on a spaceship, it would show us in which squadron the user is (again, only the ones we are a part of). Or we could have the ability to add a banner paintjob to spaceship customization screen that would print a squadron icon on a part of the ship if we ever get to customize icons. With these, you could filter members of a squadron of your choice on the map and for others to see that you are in one without cramping the map.
Once we have more ways for members to help each other, we could also have bonus keys awarded to the whole squadron whenever a member gets placed in a top 10 rank (except for most active).
P.S. : Sorry for the minor bump.

• What I think right now is +10% squadron loyalty (score only) is too low, and while you only get a small score bonus, the owner will receive bonus keys, which means you are just feeding the owner. I think squadron loyalty should equal to “Difficulty bonus” instead.

• For the key reward, I think key bonus should be awarded to the owner and all the members as well, based on the length of each mission:

• Chicken Invasion: 1 key for every 4 waves (up to 10 keys)
    • Boss Rush: 1 key for each wave (up to 10 keys)
    • Darkness: 1 key for every 2 waves (up to 20 keys)
    • Squawk Block: 1 key for every 2 waves (up to 10 keys)
    • Retro: 1 key for each wave (up to 16 keys)
    • Droid Raid: 1 key for each wave (up to 15 keys, I don’t remember the maximum length)
    • Comet Chase and Supernova: 1 key for each wave (I don’t remember these either)
  • The key bonus stated above are sent to the player (both owner and the member) inbox, and cannot be multiplied. However, if the player joins multiple squadrons (as a member) and the owners (coincidentally) assign the same mission, the key rewards are cumulative (but not the score bonus though, it would be too much).

• On the Early Access version 23, one player states that there are owners that assign too many missions at the same time. I agree with this and suggest that every 24 or 48 hours, each owner should only be allowed to assign (maximum) the number of missions equal to the level upgrade of that squadron.

2 Likes

I’m thinking of a suitable long-term effect for squadron, but at the same time I don’t want the game to become more pay-to-win (don’t do like other games: what NOT to do here is forcing players to spend premium currencies, or even forcing players to buy premium currency for real money to level up their Club…)

Instead, with the new “assign mission” mechanic, here’s what I think:

• For every 16 (separated) assigned missions that at least 4 members completed within the time limit, the entire squadron will be rewarded with special weapons or automatic Insights activated for a limited time.

• To keep track of the number of assigned missions completed with the mechanic describe above, an 8 orange bar can be added next to the upgrade bar of the Squadron License in the store (as well as a progress bar in the Squadron screen), and it will eventually be filled up, along with a message sent to the player’s inbox when a member completes the mission.

• Along with the special weapons, extra lives, perishables and Insights, some more I can think of:

• Huge squadron loyalty of +50% score activated for all missions in the next 12 hours, except Daily and Weekly Challenge.
    • +20% damage output for all missions in 12 hours, not allowed on Daily Challenge, Weekly Challenge, Space Race.
    • Infinite fuel for the next 6 hours (or reduce fuel consumption by 50% for 24 hours)
    • Doubles food-selling key profit for 12 hours.
    • Allows flying on all planets, stars and wormholes (even if the player lacks Always-on items) for the next 12 hours.
    • Allows flying all missions regardless of tier (by reducing tier requirement to zero) for the next 12 hours.
    • Obviously only one of the above is awarded, not all at the same time :grinning:

Not sure what to think about the idea,but…

These would be useless for a lot of players.

2 Likes

I haven’t been in a squardron for a while so:

• There should be ways a player could search squadron by themselves either by name, by id, or even by level of activity.
  • Recommend squardron might also be there in the search option, swadron leader may allow it to be visible on the recommended list.
  • If possible, a squadron recruitment thread in this forum should be made.

ps I need one

3 Likes

That reminds me: There should be higher prices than 1 KEY! This is ridiculous! The squadron leaders needs a reward from 10 to 50 keys, depends from the difficulty of the mission.

1 Like

I’d like if there was a position or two above a normal member, but below the clan leader. Like a recruiter or something, a player with that role could add new members to the squadron, and also assign missions.

It’s just a placeholder bonus, I’ve suggested something better above.

hey @InterAction_studios I think that the squadron should be able to have 2 leaders!!!

1 Like

Where are you from? Sparta?

7 Likes

Wait, how?

What hau?

I’m sure you’re not referring to my suggestion, right?

Of course not, but our little stupid friend called discourse doesn’t show my reply as reply to gabytzu.

2 Likes

I thiiiiink I figured it out. If you respond to the main topic or the person that posted the newest reply, it won’t show who you’re replying to. If you reply to someone in the middle, it will show who you reply to.

Promotions for members who fly assignments regulary

3 Likes

Auto-delete members who fail to complete any assignments in the past 4 weeks if the squadron leader has assigned at least one mission in that period.

No

9 Likes

Doesn’t seem necessary. Leaders can do that manually,I’m pretty sure that’s enough.

1 Like