Lives are recovering after trying to ''cheat'' (bug)

Merry Chickmas everyone!

Today while I was playing a mission, I tried to ‘‘cheat’’ (even though I knew it shouldn’t work) by basically disconnecting after I died and reconnecting to play the same wave. As in other CI games, even though I restarted the wave, the life was lost (so the firepower too) and it’s good because otherwise everyone could use this and nobody would ever need to buy lives again. Just because I was pissed, I tried this again at another wave on the same mission (it didn’t work ofc). I had 6 lives in the beginning of this mission (so 5 in the loadout) and died 2 times on that mission so there should remain only 3 in the loadout.

However at my next mission when I look at my loadout I see 5 lives and in-game I see 6. To make sure I wasn’t crazy or something, I intentionally remade the scenario on another mission and everything happened exactly as I described above.

Note: I didn’t have any other life unused, all of them were placed in the loadout before the beginning of the mission. Anyway, they don’t place automatically by themselves, the player needs to manually place them but still I wanted to mention this.

@InterAction_studios should solve this as soon as possible before other players see my post and start cheating with this trick I just discovered… :sweat_smile:

In your loadout,you see 5 lives because those are extra lives…so they are added to that 1 life you normally start with.

You misunderstood my complaint, read the whole thing again! xD I know I maybe haven’t expressed myself in the best way, but it should be understandable enough if you read everything.

Oh,I get it…then idk what the issue is

1 Like

When you try to do this trick, the deaths are counted when restarting the wave immediately but aren’t updated when you start another mission :confused: You can try it too by yourself and let me know if it happens the same to you.

Yeah,I understand now.

1 Like

Your loadout gets restocked automatically. Did you lose extra lives in your Inventory?

You missed what I mentioned at my note above: ‘’ Note: I didn’t have any other life unused, all of them were placed in the loadout before the beginning of the mission. Anyway, they don’t place automatically by themselves, the player needs to manually place them but still I wanted to mention this.’’

So I didn’t have anything in my inventory anyway, there were even empty slots that I couldn’t fill because I didn’t have more lives, just the ones that I put before on my loadout.

Also, I tested by myself and for me, even if I have something more in the inventory, it stays there, I need to manually place the items in the slots of the loadout, even if there are empty slots.

Edit: Actually, now that I bought more packs of lives to have in the inventory, it gets restocked automatically if I don’t abuse this bug and die normally without disconnecting and connecting again. However, if I abuse it, I don’t lose any extra lives in my inventory. Before I thought that it doesn’t automatically restock because I tried to leave a few lives in the inventory and then to play a mission and then cancel it but it doesn’t restock. For it to restock, I need to actually play that mission (doesn’t matter if I complete it or not).

A video may make everything more understandable…

you always have one life at least in every game but the 5 extra lives give you 6 overall in-game

I’m not gonna bother myself to make a video since if you read those sentences carefully you’ll understand the bug: ‘’ I had 6 lives in the beginning of this mission (so 5 in the loadout) and died 2 times on that mission so there should remain only 3 in the loadout.

However at my next mission when I look at my loadout I see 5 lives and in-game I see 6.’’

As you can hopefully indirectly tell, on my next mission, I should have had 3 lives in the loadout (and therefore 4 in-game) because I died 2 times, but no, I have the same number of lives as before.

People are confused that I mentioned 5 or 6 lives… I could only write 5 lives but I wrote instead both of the lives that are in the loadout and in-game for others to tell that this isn’t just a visual bug of not showing every live but rather a bug that affects the gameplay.

1 Like

When you start a new mission, you can “cancel” if you are still on the first wave. After the first wave, “cancel” is no longer an option and is replaced by “surrender”.

If you cancel a mission, it doesn’t count at all. You get your lives/missiles/whatever back. In contrast, “surrender” missions count and will remove lives, perishables, etc.

What happened is that you cancelled the mission in the first wave, so you got your lives back. Makes sense? :slight_smile:

What are you saying makes sense, however that’s not what happened… I literally died 2 times, restarted every time I died to do the wave again, continued playing the mission until I fully completed it, then went doing another mission and the lives in the loadout were the same number as they were at the other mission.

Exactly. So every time you died, you restarted the mission. If you “restart” on the first wave, then you get your lives back, it’s like you never played that mission.

Try playing to wave 2, losing a life, then “restarting” and see if that life comes back :wink:

Sorry but by restarting the wave, I don’t mean restarting the mission (cancel the mission), as I explained in my original post, I mean that I disconnected from the game and connected again, so the lives were lost (were showing that were 4 at the end of the fully completed mission instead of 6 like in the beginning) and then when I started another mission, they were 6 again…

Ok, got it. We’ll look into it. :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks!

This reminds me Android versions of previous CI