Little question

I find mouse clicking harder than mashing Space. But what if you could install a gadget on your spaceship that increases automatic fire rate?

Lol, for me it’s totally the opposite, spamming the left click is much easier and I can get more shots per second. And yeah, a gadget or upgrade of the weapon wouldn’t be a bad idea.

Actually, I’m right in the middle of trying to come up with an idea for rebalancing weapons, part of which is adding upgrades to weapon pods (just like replacing heat sinks and engines) that would increase rate of fire. But more on that when I actually make a proper topic lol.

2 Likes

Kinda removes the whole point of manual fire. And 6.5 clicks per second isn’t even that much,imo. Ci1 was 10 times worse.
A gadget like that would be…eh…I mean,with that,you’d also overheat way more. Maybe if overheat was also reduced…but then manual fire should also have something like that,for those who like to spam.

2 Likes

wait did we just get riddler nerfed?

Hang on… the custom riddler automatic rate was removed because we thought it was a bug. It would only be an improvement if you could manually fire faster than the automatic fire rate of 10/s.

But can anyone reasonably click @ 20 times per second? Or even >10 times per second? :thinking: :open_mouth:

1 Like

I can click about 10/s with Space Bar and 12/s with left mouse button. But its very exhausting sometimes.

Only true pros.

3 Likes

I’d ſay 12 times a ſecond is plenty, and it removes the poſſibility of cheating in the proposed manner.

I can click 10 times per second with a mouse,and probably even faster if I decided to use the space bar,too.(or whatever I set as my “shoot” button on the keyboard)

1 Like

No matter what technique of fast clicking anybody would use, it still remains the problem that it’s exhausting and in CI, you’d need to constantly do this…

1 Like

Because of the low damage output and click speed my arm starts to hurt slightly after a few missions (as I said already.

That’s part of the challenge. I find that using my trackpoint (I have a laptop) to ſteer with my right hand and the ſpace bar to ſhoot with my left works well. If it juſt ſhot at the maximum fire rate automatically, it’d be a very boring game.

1 Like

Then take a break.

The problem is that this is how it has worked since the beginning. Automatic fire wasn’t even a thing before Revenge of the Yolk so manual was the only way. Hell, in the original Chicken Invaders the limit was way higher than the 6.5 shots per second we have now. So manual has always kinda been the default.

1 Like

I replied to @anon27929001 because he said that he can click 10 times per second with a mouse (and I can too), but I meant that doing like 8-12 clicks per second continuously would be exhausting, even if there are small breaks between the waves. So on average, the player would stick to 4-8 clicks per second constantly for it to be less tiring. Before the 4th update, SSH required you to spam even more the shots due to the very increased health of enemies. Now it’s more balanced because the health isn’t anymore as big and the enemy projectile is faster. After all, this should not be a clicker game…

4 Likes

Yeah,it shouldn’t turn into a clicker game,I know. But I don’t really like the fact that another useless weapon was added to the pool(Riddler).

5 Likes

It was a bug in the sense that no other weapon allowed such a fast manual fire rate, but again, it was a bug that actually made the Riddler able to compete in the top-tier. It also only works in singleplayer, as in multiplayer everything is capped at 5/s manual rate, and without it, the Riddler is just another very under-performing weapon, along with the bulk of those that require automatic fire.

It is possible with dedicated techniques to achieve 20 clicks per second in short bursts, but for this way of operation to be feasible in a real situation, it’s required to use software to do it for you or have a dedicated gaming mouse that includes such a feature. Nevertheless, it was something I discovered independently in CI5 and most people wouldn’t have found out about it if had I not shared the information, speaking of which, I have compiled the weapon damage tables here: Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

If you haven’t seen how the Riddler performs when used at its full potential, I have put up a video here https://streamable.com/k5vbe to demonstrate it. It’s on SSH with Space Ninja. As you can see, it doesn’t put it in the “Overpowered” category. It doesn’t even look or sound broken, the bullets seem to flow naturally like a machine gun. Utensil Poker and sometimes even Neutron Gun or Corn Shotgun are still superior, but without this fire rate being at all possible, there would never be any reason whatsoever for which you should pick up the Riddler. Make this weapon great again!

Thinking in reverse, as in making all weapons capable of firing at this rate, well, some, like the Laser Cannon, would overheat straight away, in less than 2 seconds, but for most of them it can be anyone’s guess. With the Riddler it was a case of a weak weapon becoming reasonably good, but with an already potent weapon it could cross into the land of unreasonably powerful. I know I enjoyed the feel I got from firing the Riddler so fast, especially for the first time, but a rapid-fire Utensil Poker, though… I can only imagine the carnage.

3 Likes

We’ll restore the limit in the next update.

5 Likes

I think fork overheat should also be reverted since it’s the only weapon that doesn’t make every mission a button mashing marathon. As I said, damage output is way too low or certain enemies should have less health.

I mashed space as fast as I can with :zap:9 on “Bow Ties are cool” but i only cleared like 10% of all enemies because even an ordinary chicken has about 2500 health i guess.

2 Likes