Interactionstudios YouTube channel

I have some questions about the @InterAction_studios YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/user/interactionstudios/feed), which I haven’t thought anyone else has asked before.

• Why do you use the default icon instead of using the iA logo for the logo of the channel (will you change this in the future)?

• Will any more teasers of CIU be uploaded anytime soon, or after the full release? And will there be any gameplay videos of all CI games uploaded other than the ones we already know?

• Apperantly interactionstudios is a small YouTube channel, but it has existed for 10 years. (We missed the channel’s 10th anniversary on Feb 19, 2019!). Do you have any plans to grow the channel and hope to make money from it?

• Sorry if I have too many questions, I just think that the official iA YouTube channel deserves more subscribers than this if posting videos on the regular basis.

2 Likes

From what I heard on my topic on this, they’re just busy developing and can’t spare the time to fresh out their youtube channel

1 Like

Oops, I apologize if all of these has been posted before.

Don’t worry. Besides they still haven’t officialy answered here, so if they think it’s neccesary to respond I guess they would now.

The YouTube page was originally set up as the simplest way to host video trailers (linked from the interactionstudios.com website) – it was never meant be a stand-alone separate thing. There’s simply not enough time to maintain it, there are other priorities (development). There are also no plans of monetizing the YouTube channel (how could that even work?).

There will definitely be an official release trailer when CIU goes out of Early Access, and perhaps one for the 20-year anniversary of CI. Beyond that, the community of CI fans is doing a much better job of producing CI videos that we ever could.

We’ve added an icon and a basic description. (We never realized they were missing – thanks for the heads-up!)

8 Likes

I am really curious about this 60 industry awards :thinking:

They’re mostly stupid “5-star” awards from various small download sites – back when that meant something (did it ever?).

9 Likes

Still is a cool thing to say

2 Likes

That truly means something. 5-stars from small sites is especially for a small developer a big achievement. Plus, over 150,000,000 downloads is definitely something that makes you satisfied and proud.

The real major criticism I found on Wikipedia:

CNET gave 4 out of 5 stars to the first Chicken Invaders game, highlighting the graphics and sound but criticizing the game’s lack of features, and for the gameplay being repetitive.[8CNET also gave The Next Wave 4 stars, again praising the graphics, but criticizing the lack of a windowed mode.[9] The Next Wave was rated “mediocre” by GameSpot, criticising the repetitive gameplay and indistinct enemy bullets. However, the colorful, cartoony graphics where highlighted, as were “flashes of understanding of what makes a good shooter”.[10]

Shortly after Ultimate Omelette’ s release, it was included in Adrenaline Vault’s “Top Casual PC Games of 2010” list.[11] The reviewer described it as " the most fun arcade space shooter in a very, very long time ". The original orchestral soundtrack was also praised as rousing, invigorating, and “simply the absolute best”.[12]

Gamezebo gave the fourth game, Ultimate Omellete , a 4 out of 5 stars, saying that[13] “Chicken Invaders 4 is fantastic for a first-timer to the series”, but criticizing that “for veterans of the games, it will feel a little too samey. The action has improved somewhat over the course of the series, but it’s still really the same ideas and premise that ran through the other games. Hence, those who are not new to the games may feel that paying full price for this latest release is a little too much.”

(I’m okay with paying real money to buy these games (from episodes), because the website says that if you purchase a license, you can download on multiple computers)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.